FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Elphin's music cuts out halfway during his play animation. This doesn't cause any major gameplay issues but it's something I'd like to fix at some point. I'm guessing it's an issue caused by FEditor's auto patch that was never identified before and therefore not patched out by Onmi's patch (patch patch patch).

it's probably actually the reverse (onmi's patch is what's causing it to break) because the animation works fine natively

Actually I remember shadowofchaos (er...I think that's their name anyway? sorry I forgot) mentioning once the text is all done it could be copied and pasted into a ROM with the original patch on it without using FEditor. I don't really know though. If that's the case, though, then once all the text is done, someone could just do that and the Elphin glitch will no longer be an issue.

(If you can't tell I'm eager to get rid of the remaining problems but I have no idea where to even begin. Any of you hackers out there want to be a regular helper on this? ...Please?)

Edited by gringe

Ok, I just downloaded the zip folder that have the latest FE6 patch, then, the file said its under in .ups, how do we like unzip or open a .ups file to get the patch out?

Sorry to double post again, but I've finished the main character descriptions. Just thought I'd show something. I guess when I finish all character descriptions that will be v0.91.

Many of the descriptions in the original game are duplicated between characters, so I've added a wee bit more info to the specific characters. Also added information where there was only one line of their description.

vIjNQBb.pngBzhvDiL.png

ngQRVWI.pngJMJ1rTj.png

k6KSgQv.pngFxVRQ45.png

kFNFqbT.pngIDpqEj3.png

THBDUWy.pngBkyZeNx.png

Edited by gringe

Ok, I just downloaded the zip folder that have the latest FE6 patch, then, the file said its under in .ups, how do we like unzip or open a .ups file to get the patch out?

the ups file is th epatch

Actually I adjusted the base stats and constitution of female shamans/druids to a level consistent with FE7's male shamans/druids. In other words I did make a slight change there I guess. I mean Sophia sucks regardless, but... >_>

Also planning to do more in-depth character tweaks later so Sophia will be better after that.

Edited by gringe

Hey, don't feel like ya have to or anything. But if you can that'd be cool. <3

Character descriptions are finished. The updated patch is in the first post.

Also added a new version of what I'm now calling the "numbers patch", because "balancing patch" is too cliche. I think I'm done with this provided there are no major problems.

Edited by gringe

I've been playing on hard mode, and I've only found 1 possible problem so far. At the end of chapter 4, Roy says something like, "I would have never never thought..." Did you mean to put two never's? If so, there should probably be a comma in between, but I would just use one.

Also, is there anyway this can be fixed?

Fire_Emblem_6.png

so that it looks like this:

FEFT.png

It's annoying to see this every time I start up the game.

Thanks for the typo report! I didn't mean for there to be two nevers, no.

Those three periods were added by the original patch makers presumably as a way of immediately showing that the translation patch was applied successfully. With the title screen, I agree it's not really needed and doesn't look very good. I'll look into taking it out.

Two small things I found (currently playing the dreadful chapter 7):

In Cath and Roy's convo in chapter 6, I think you should have used "whoops," instead of "whoop." Also, in the character classes intro, troubadour is spelled, "torubadour."

Also, I haven't been checking the smile function and whatnot since I always have text on max speed, so that may or may not be an existing problem.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the balance patch? I was able to get the translation patch just fine but every time I try downloading balance patch I get a "Error: Unable to connect to network" screen.

In the meantime I decided to ahead with just the retranslation and I have to say that you guys did some fantastic work here.

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the balance patch? I was able to get the translation patch just fine but every time I try downloading balance patch I get a "Error: Unable to connect to network" screen.

In the meantime I decided to ahead with just the retranslation and I have to say that you guys did some fantastic work here.

It seems to work for me. Just try again later, though I don't think you'll get the full effect of the patch if you apply it to a game that's in-progress.

And thanks!

In Cath and Roy's convo in chapter 6, I think you should have used "whoops," instead of "whoop." Also, in the character classes intro, troubadour is spelled, "torubadour."

Thanks for the first one, but the second one is a graphic problem. This is something I'm not sure how to go about doing, but if bookofholsety comes back then maybe I can ask him to do the classes for the opening scroll.

Also, I haven't been checking the smile function and whatnot since I always have text on max speed, so that may or may not be an existing problem.

Honestly the smile thing probably isn't even that noticeable since it only comes into effect when their mouths are moving anyway, unlike in FE7 and FE8 where their passive faces have a smile, too. Me wanting to get it right is just me being a little OCD.

Edited by gringe