Tharja figure in colour/pre-orders tomorrow

man i always thought this figurine was pretty terrible and tasteless but as far as i'm concerned it justified its existence for the hilariously disproportionate fan rage lmao

If they made a Henry figurine I would be on that in a heartbeat. I don't think he's that popular over in Japan though, so it's very unlikely. Maybe Owain. I would totally be okay with an Owain figurine.

I'd beat you to it. Half-a-heartbeat. XD

On topic about the Tharja one, that's actually a really nice... if not VERY fan-servicey figurine. If it weren't so proactive, i'd get it myself, but how the heck would I be able to explain that figurine to anyone if they found it?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to keep an eye out for additional figurines. The Tharja one's simply being Tharja like isn't something I would generally have around, but goodness is that an impressive figurine. Imagine one with a similar level of detail of a Griffon ! Imagine a Say'ri with all three flying mounts present(since she can access both the pagasus and wyvern classes she can ride all three). As such it would be a figure that represents all three of her class lines. Ok, I just really want a Griffon figure. I suppose I could get one with no fire emblem tie, but where would the fun in that be(though the chicks here are cute!)?!

They should totally make some manservice ones too, Basilio's butt, same pose, a lump of wood and his axe, let's do it

This is really quality, anyway. The paint job is really nice, and it make the fabric textures look like what they're supposed to be. A+.

Wouldn't buy though since I'm poor and Tharja's not exactly my fav character.

Eh. Figurines are pretty prevalent in Japan. This one is actually fairly high quality, from a purely objective viewpoint. No doubt IS wants to cash in on both of the markets, Otome and Otaku alike. Can't blame them for that. There's some serious money there.

Don't know whether I'll buy this or not. It's a fait bit of cash for something I don't know that I really, really want.

Edited by Onestep

I'd say the thing that's bugging me most about the figurine is the proportions - if her legs didn't look so freakishly long, I'd consider buying it as a gag gift for one of my friends. Alas, that's not the case, so I'll have to pass.

I like collecting figures from series I know, but I think I skip this one since, well, I'm rarely even use Tharja in game whatsoever

Considering the popularity, We might see Lucina and other several female character (perhaps male character like Chrom would get too) in the future.

Oh god I want Lucina nendoroid/figma right now

I like collecting figures from series I know, but I think I skip this one since, well, I'm rarely even use Tharja in game whatsoever

Considering the popularity, We might see Lucina and other several female character (perhaps male character like Chrom would get too) in the future.

Oh god I want Lucina nendoroid/figma right now

We do have "Marth" figma upcoming but eh, information is still nowhere to be seen. Even the prototype.

In any case, I'd buy this, but the price is too pricey. I'll save for something else instead. /coughs tales cough

Are you talking about Bright Bow or the figurine?

Anyway, how much are these things going for, exactly?

Retail I believe is about 10,260 yen, or about $105. I know it's discounted 16% on AmiAmi (8,620 yen), but shipping pretty much cancels out that discount.

EDIT: Alright, looking at it close up (I didn't before), it is a little... Revealing (to say the least), but my parent know how much I love the game and why I'd want it. Plus, being a girl, it's a little less weird to own than if I was guy.

I own Knights of Iris and the custom 3DS, so I'm kinda an Awakening fan. It'd be nice to add to the collection, despite the fact it looks a little... Well, sexual.

I still think the quality looks amazing and it's Awakening. I'd prefer if it wasn't Tharja (nothing against her, but someone else wouldn't like that, most likely), but I'll likely get it.

Edited by Valorous_Roland

I don't like tharja so I'm not gonna get this. Also my parents would flip. On to the wielded aspect of this, did anybody actually read what he was saying. Just no. It's a figurine.

Indeed. The stuff he was saying...-shudder-.

The quality of the figurine is great, but like some other people here, I would be screwed once my parents saw it.

But regardless of parents, I still probably wouldn't get it.

The device I'm using doesn't let me quote, but I was expecting it to be more expensive, but affordable for me in a couple of weeks from now.

Not sure if I'd pick one up however.

Damn, I missed out on some serious nerd rage. I'm sad now.

Looks pretty well made. Not sure why they chose Tharja out of all the characters (unless they plan on making one for each). Sex appeal, sure, but she's hardly a mascot for Awakening. I can see a lot of collectors looking through figurines, coming across Tharja, and going "Who the fuck is Tharja?"

As much as I love Tharja, I'll have to pass. Not a video game swag person myself, though I'd love a real life STARS Samurai Edge Beretta from the RE games.

I'd be interested if her cape was covering her butt. :/ Sigh...that's what makes me sad. So much detail and talent, and they chose to waste it on the blatantly sexy character. Bah.

Retail I believe is about 10,260 yen, or about $105. I know it's discounted 16% on AmiAmi (8,620 yen), but shipping pretty much cancels out that discount.

£67? Talk about expensive...

80$+ for a figurine...I just hope the Masked Marth one won't be as expensive, I was really planning on buying that one.

If "Marth" is really Figma figure and not Max Factory one like Tharja, then I suppose the price would be around 3000-4000 yen or so.

Lesser detail, have joints that might be off point for someone but you can freely pose it and much more affordable.

£67? Talk about expensive...

That's pretty standard for a 1/7 figure actually

Edited by Shengar

Yeah, I won't deny the figure is pretty good quality :0

I actually do like the cape.

Henry figure plz, with birdie

YES! Henry figure, must own!

They should totally make some manservice ones too, Basilio's butt, same pose, a lump of wood and his axe, let's do it

I wish they had a Libra one. I'd TOTALLY buy it.

IN THE SAME POSE! :B I agree with Lumi, lets have a manservice pl0x! Libra and Virion please. :awesome:The game itself is pretty forgiving in this regard, in terms of equal opportunity fanservce..so why not the figures? :P:

Imagine if that level of detail went to Lucina's outfit

Hnnnngh. Id nosebleed. Her outfit kicks ass. Imagine dat Falchion!

YES! Henry figure, must own!

IN THE SAME POSE! :B I agree with Lumi, lets have a manservice pl0x! Libra and Virion please. :awesome:The game itself is pretty forgiving in this regard, in terms of equal opportunity fanservce..so why not the figures? :P:

Hnnnngh. Id nosebleed. Her outfit kicks ass. Imagine dat Falchion!

If they really made Max Factory figure of Lucina I'm gladly throw my money at them for that detail on her outfit :Kappa: