Tips on using Mage MyUnit?

Yes, of course it is possible. Just use the right setup.

Any tips?

My sister got a mage Orphan, Wise, and Recluse and is having difficulties in Hard Mode.

I think it is quite easier to play through Hard as a Knight or Cavalier MU.

A while ago, I played on Lunatic using a female Mage MyUnit. It was utter hell, but I beat the prologues with some persistance and some batshit insane maneuvers to manipulate the AI (like having Wrys tank a hit to lure an enemy away from my other units).

I quit on Chapter 4. Beating the game with a Mage MyUnit on high difficulties might be possible, but I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it if you want to save yourself a bunch of unnecessary headaches. Cavalier, Mercenary, Knight or Fighter are probably your best bets.

Edited by Scarlet

I usually go with Farmers Child, Kindness and Recluse for my Mage MU in Lunatic mode. That way, the mage survives Prologue I and has a decent magic growth.

A while ago, I played on Lunatic using a female Mage MyUnit. It was utter hell, but I beat the prologues with some persistance and some batshit insane maneuvers to manipulate the AI (like having Wrys tank a hit to lure an enemy away from my other units).

I quit on Chapter 4. Beating the game with a Mage MyUnit on high difficulties might be possible, but I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it if you want to save yourself a bunch of unnecessary headaches. Cavalier, Mercenary, Knight or Fighter are probably your best bets.

Man, Myrm MU still gets no love? Mounted Mega-Lady Sword anyone?

Anyways, first known playthrough of Lunatic from start to finish was done by a fellow named Paperblade who used a Female Mage MU, and even has videos on youtube. Mage MU is most certainly one of the hardest to get through (I think only Archer is harder, as I'm pretty certain it's impossible with Archer. Would like to be proven wrong though). Main issue is Prologue 1 where Orphan is pretty much necessary in order to actually defeat Jeigen, and that's if he rolls the lowest HP and Res possible. You may have to do a lot of restarts for early prologue levels. A lot.

Otherwise I'd do as others have recommended, and try out Fighter, Knight, Male Cavalier, or Myrmidon.

Not sure why people suggest Merc

It's the speed and durability, man

It depends on what difficulty you're talking about. On Hard, it's more than possible - just make sure to chug Vulneraries. Anything above that, and I'm not sure.

I don;t think so, since Dark Mage and Sorcerer(is it?) dun haz Nosferatu in FE12, only Excalibur

If its not for Mage MU, then obviously, because having a Knight who can fly later in the game is pretty awesome

According to a FAQ

I don;t think so, since Dark Mage and Sorcerer(is it?) dun haz Nosferatu in FE12, only Excalibur

If its not for Mage MU, then obviously, because having a Knight who can fly later in the game is pretty awesome

According to a FAQ

funny, because in FE13 these guys ascend to greatness

(although really, class A has most of the better ones between Sniper, Swordmaster, and Dracoknight)

class B: only Horseman and Berserker are really useful in Lunatic

class A: everything except the magic classes (so Dracoknight, Paladin, Swordmaster, Sniper) is at last decent

hmmm (lol at heroes getting held back by caps in this game)

on the other hand Ryan couldn't go Archer-->Hunter, take that PKL

Edited by shadykid