Who else thinks Cordelia is a terrible character?

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Cordelia?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, your insistence on calling her a Sue when she isn't one isn't going anywhere

Is this a fact now? No room for debate?

Cordelia's a Mary Sue in my eyes, and your bullshit semantic definitions won't do anything to convince anyone of otherwise.

Also, Virion's probably the best written character, at least in my opinion. Easily the best womanizer archetype in any Fe game too.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Is this a fact now? No room for debate?

Cordelia's a Mary Sue in my eyes, and your bullshit semantic definitions don't do anything to convince anyone of otherwise.

Also, Virion's probably the best written character, at least in my opinion. Easily the best womanizer archetype in any Fe game too.

since when did anyone claim you weren't allowed to call her a Mary Sue

also what does Virion have to do with anything

Since when you started parading around that Cordelia not being a Sue is some kind of fact

also what does Gregor have to do with anything

you seem mad that I don't agree with you

and JSND brought up Gregor, I just played along

Yeah that's it, I'm fuming over here simply because your opinion is different than mine, definitely doesn't have anything to do with the laughable aura of snideness in your response to Fire Mage.

Yeah that's it, I'm fuming over here simply because your opinion is different than mine, definitely doesn't have anything to do with the laughable aura of snideness in your response to Fire Mage.

pretty sure I didn't write four paragraphs unlike some people here

Cordelia is a CANON sue, then. Is that more accurate?

No, its still woefully inaccurate. Still throwing around sue like it means something I see.

Hahaha trying to say you accept others opinions. That's cute.

No, its still woefully inaccurate. Still throwing around sue like it means something I see.

I didn't realize there's a specific definition for the term Mary Sue. Direct me to the dictionary/merriam-webster definition, please?

Hahaha trying to say you accept others opinions. That's cute.

Oh please troll, I'm afraid I'm going to have to discount your opinions because maybe probably sort of likely is extremely most definitely uncommonly subtle trolling as far as I'm concerned.

http://nws.merriam-webster.com/opendictionary/newword_display_alpha.php?letter=Ma&last=240

This work for you?

"A female character in a fanfiction who is perfect, or has only "endearing flaws". She often is beautiful, and is described poetically, usually with cliche metaphors. A Mary Sue is also usually tailored either to be the author's dream self, or as a perfect mate for a canon character."

Theoretically, mw (your request) would at least monitor these things, and their existence on the website is tacit approval of the definition. so... does Cordelia match that definition?

Oh, and everyone stop being such dicks to each other. Disagreeing is great. Discussions are so much more fun that way. But snide and sarcastic comments about Reggie's alleged inability to accept others' opinions or outright calling people trolls for pointing out alleged problems is a lot questionable. I say again, stop.

Cordelia a Canon Sue? Yes, I do agree that she is one but she's tolerable because I can pretend that she doesn't exist. Micaiah on the other hand... The Avatar IS Wish Fufillment incarnate but s/he is bad character creation so one cannot really judge his/her peronality.

Micaiah is easilly one of the more entertaining Lord in the series

At least unlike Chrom everyone hates her. Chrom is Micaiah 0.5 who does not get hated because the fangirls want to touch his ass

Also Gregor and Virion have to do with this topic because despite the fact that Gregor and Virion has the same stuff as Cordelia(read: everyone and their mom supports is about how awesome they are, good at anything they do and some more) they are STILL a much more interesting character than Cordelia can ever hope to be

At least unlike Chrom everyone hates her. Chrom is Micaiah 0.5 who does not get hated because the fangirls want to touch his ass

Also Gregor and Virion have to do with this topic because despite the fact that Gregor and Virion has the same stuff as Cordelia(read: everyone and their mom supports is about how awesome they are, good at anything they do and some more) they are STILL a much more interesting character than Cordelia can ever hope to be

Male!Micaiah, instantly loved by everyone.

NO! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

http://nws.merriam-webster.com/opendictionary/newword_display_alpha.php?letter=Ma&last=240

This work for you?

"A female character in a fanfiction who is perfect, or has only "endearing flaws". She often is beautiful, and is described poetically, usually with cliche metaphors. A Mary Sue is also usually tailored either to be the author's dream self, or as a perfect mate for a canon character."

Theoretically, mw (your request) would at least monitor these things, and their existence on the website is tacit approval of the definition. so... does Cordelia match that definition?

It seems as though those definitions are submitted by random people, and aren't established definitions, which only strengthens my point that the term Mary Sue is vaguely defined and up to debate, as seen by the two applications under Mary Sue that somewhat contradict each other. So as to straight up claim that no discussion is possible because Cordelia can not be a Mary Sue due to your own interpretation of the definition is stupid.

I can't say anything for Gregor, but Virion definitely did not come off as this way whatsoever. The two biggest pieces that seem to suggest otherwise is his supports with MU, and his ending. The chess(?) battle in the first (which I still maintain is by far the best support convo in the game, aside from Walhart's) establishes that Virion is a fantastic tactician, even better than MU, when it comes to results, but he holds no regard for his team's safety to get those victories. That flaw in Virion's mindset is an actual flaw; he admits that he isn't a fantastic tactician because of irregard to casualties, regardless of the results. The second is fairly simple in that it points out that Rosanne despises him, even after what he did what he thought to be helpful for the nation. He's willing to perform seemingly acts of cowardice to help his nation, something that a Mary Sue stereotype in the same situation would go "fuck that" in response and singlehandedly ward off Valm's army.

Cordelia still loses to Gregor and Virion to be considered a canon sue

Virion? A Sue? what? Actually, Virion gets picked on by multiple characters (and even his ending) and called out for being both a "turncloak", "traitor", "craven", and of course a skirt chaser. His introduction to the player is Sully kicking the guy in the face. A Sue, this is not.

Gregor is also introduced to player as a creep initially. He has several characters yelling at him before he gets the chance to explain himself. How is that Sue like again?

Virion? A Sue? what? Actually, Virion gets picked on by multiple characters (and even his ending) and called out for being both a "turncloak", "traitor", "craven", and of course a skirt chaser. His introduction to the player is Sully kicking the guy in the face. A Sue, this is not.

Gregor is also introduced to player as a creep initially. He has several characters yelling at him before he gets the chance to explain himself. How is that Sue like again?

he's joking around, it's Dragon Boner

Edited by shadykid

But Virion and Gregor still wins everything

Including being a well written character

Virion + Gregor > The rest

Deal with it :Kappa:

And guess what? if they put even only half their thought that they used to write Virion and Gregor to write Cordelia outside of "OH HEY UNRECRUITED LOVE HOW LOVELY", she would be MUCH better since the former has what is essentially a same thing as the latter's "backstory"

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner