Do you have any unpopular opinions about Awakening?

Spotpass units definitely were a wasted opportunity.

The worst has to be the Black Knight. He not only looks nothing like he should but can't actually use swords. Even though being a sword fighter is a huge part of his character.

I wish they would have at least payed attention to which characters the engine can actually display well.

And individual palettes would go a long way to make Spotpass units resemble the originals.

Yes, I know that the Avatar creation can't do that. "It's just a bonus, ect..." I've heard it before.

But well... the Avatar creation really should allow to do that in the first place.

The player should at least be able to choose his own palette. Not everyone likes blue.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening in general is overrated compared to other FE games and it feels more like a shipping game than anything else.

Im don't know abot you, but to me, FE has always been a shipping simulation that happened to have SWORDS AND WARS.

In fact, I think this very nature is the reason why even since the NES days, FE is heavilly marketed towards female audience >_>

Hands off Vash and Zeem Ricken's MAI shota husband not yours ;A;

Well, SpotPass characters are also free. o3o It's the DLC characters that are the waste of money. With the sole exception of Marth, all of the paid DLC characters are just edited My Units too. If they were gonna be lazy with characters they wanted you to BUY, why the hell did they even bother, I just, augh.

Im don't know abot you, but to me, FE has always been a shipping simulation that happened to have SWORDS AND WARS.

In fact, I think this very nature is the reason why even since the NES days, FE is heavilly marketed towards female audience >_>

Explain, boner boy. THAT'S a new one. >_<

You can have him. I'll gladly pass. >_>

While we are on it: I also don't consider Spotpass content to be "free" in any way.

It's content that you already paid for and therefore can expect quality for it. The fact that it requires an online activation to be used, doesn't make it any less so.

Edited by BrightBow

Go look at FE3 Comercial

And FE9 Comercial

Come back here

But seriously, FE3 commercial involves a chick saying Marth's name in a "chick with a crush" way that it looks like(and is) a blatant pandering

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Well, SpotPass characters are also free. o3o It's the DLC characters that are the waste of money. With the sole exception of Marth, all of the paid DLC characters are just edited My Units too. If they were gonna be lazy with characters they wanted you to BUY, why the hell did they even bother, I just, augh.

No problem, I've got Henry. XD

The worst has to be the Black Knight. He not only looks nothing like he should but can't actually use swords. Even though being a sword fighter is a huge part of his character.

I wish they would have at least payed attention to which characters the engine can actually display well.

And individual palettes would go a long way to make Spotpass units resemble the originals.

Yes, I know that the Avatar creation can't do that. "It's just a bonus, ect..." I've heard it before.

But well... the Avatar creation really should allow to do that in the first place.

The player should at least be able to choose his own palette. Not everyone likes blue.

I LOVE the black/purple of the Tactician's cloak and I'm kind of pissed that didn't incorporate that into the Avatar's class selections in some way.

But yes I definitely agree with you on this point - if they weren't going to make them original and had to base them off of the Avatar's components, we definitely should have gotten more options then.

Well someone has to make games aimed at us ladies....

The Burger King looks like Zelgius. Which is not inaccurate. Also, can you imagine the nightmare it would be trying to make individual models for every single spotpass unit? There is a size limit in the cart after all.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Go look at FE3 Comercial

And FE9 Comercial

Come back here

But seriously, FE3 commercial involves a chick saying Marth's name in a "chick with a crush" way that it looks like(and is) a blatant pandering

The FE7 Japanese commercial was more blatant pandering than the FE9 one.

Gaius must be L from death note in disguise, my unpopular opinion is that the street pass for sacred stones doesn't have great characters from the game in it.

Amelia? Seth? (Unless you had a bad Seth RNG because mine keeps ending up as one of my strongest units with retardedly high end-game stats for a Jagen unit)

The Lord siblings?? (Eirika and Ephraim?)

Lyon... kind of? He's the villain...

But yeah. No Joshua/Ewan/Ross made me sad.

But they gave us Amelia. Woman kills Aura spamming Bishops by DODGING MAGIC AS A GENERAL.

My unpopular opinions:

- Seth is the best non-Jagen, Jagen unit ever.

- Unless doing some very strict no grinding playthrough, Donnel is awesome, one of the best characters, and his kids are monsters.

- Donnel!Kjelle is Amelia's reincarnation and therefore > Donnel!Nah (besides Gaius!Nah means Vantage-Sol-Astra Manakete)

- OliviaxChrom is a horrible idea. Inigo does not need Rightful King ever, and super-aggressive Lucina dies too easily.

- MaleAvatar!Noire is a bow-wielding monstrosity with Ignis.

- There is no way to save Owain. He is doomed to be a Trickster using Levin Swords. (Uses a Lon'Qu!Swordmaster Owain anyway)

- Chrom is the worst father in the game. He has no classes and can only pass down 2 skills (only 1 of which is actually useful)

- The Parallel Falcion should be demoted to Royal Apple Cutter

- Donnel!Kjelle is Amelia's reincarnation and therefore > Donnel!Nah (besides Gaius!Nah means Vantage-Sol-Astra Manakete)

so what you're saying is Donnel!Kjelle is a worthless underleveled knight

does this make Donnel!Nah like Wendy

so what you're saying is Donnel!Kjelle is a worthless underleveled knight

does this make Donnel!Nah like Wendy

Amelia doesn't even have good growths.

Donnel!Kjelle = Sacred Stones Amelia. Not that my Awakening Amelia isn't bad.

Currently, without any save resets and only 13/8 levels, my Amelia has better stats than the almost equally levelled Kellam by about 2 in everything but Magic, and Kellam had 2 extra levels as a Knight. Or the RNG is making up for a my horrible 10 Res Paladin for 60 levels fiasco.

Edited by virtual_maniac

Unpopular opinions? Hmmm...

I find the personality of the male MU to be much more likable than female MU in gender exclusive supports. Also I do believe there is a difference.

Screw fairytale romances. Scrambles prove that the the MU isn't a paragon of spousehood and that's cool.

If you ask me what my favorite of the FeMU's exclusive supports are, it's Lon'qu's and I regret nothing.

I think I really traumatized him when I chose the sacrifice ending and he was married to the MU.

I don't find Sumia x Chrom shoved down my throat at all. It is not that hard to not have them marry.

I like the Bow Knight design for females.

MU having light blue eyes in fanart puts me off more than it should. They are brown/dark colored according to the cut-ins.

The Chapter 21 scene is really underwhelming in my opinion, no matter what the conditions are.

The Chapter 21 scene is really underwhelming in my opinion, no matter what the conditions are.

I agree with you. In my playthroughs I'm always like lolnope (I never have the Avatar marry Lucina), and when I watched the other versions on youtube I didn't really see what the big deal was.

Edited by Virion

I agree with you. In my playthroughs I'm always like lolnope (I never have the Avatar marry Lucina), and when I watched the other versions on youtube I didn't really see what the big deal was.

For what it's worth, I like it more when Chrom comes in to stop Lucina. I would prefer my husbando/waifu/famiry of the playthrough to intervene, but whatevs, that'd be a coding nightmare according to Rey.

Edited by Perlia

For what it's worth, I like it more when Chrom comes in to stop Lucina. I would prefer my husbando/waifu/famiry of the playthrough to intervene, but whatevs, that'd be a coding nightmare according to Rey.

Yeah I would prefer it if the Avatar's family showed up in scenes like those, but it's understandable that it would be a pain to code for each spouse + potential children.

Edited by Virion

The Burger King looks like Zelgius. Which is not inaccurate. Also, can you imagine the nightmare it would be trying to make individual models for every single spotpass unit? There is a size limit in the cart after all.

Spotpass data is stored on the SD card, not the game cart. However transferring models to the SD card will still be pretty overboard and would take up too much space on the SD card.

Spotpass data is stored on the SD card, not the game cart. However transferring models to the SD card will still be pretty overboard and would take up too much space on the SD card.

I am not saying they should include a unique model. I am saying that they shouldn't use characters that they don't come even close to properly display. Nobody held a gun at their head and forced IS to include the Black Knight in some fashion.

There are tons of other characters that they could have use. For example, why not just make him Zelgius in the first place?

Edited by BrightBow