Your favorite Fire Emblem for each category

PKL

I personally think dragon laguz are way cooler than manaketes. Their dragon forms are just badass and they don't need any dumb stones in order to transform. Plus, Kurthnaga is cool. I was like "holy crap! That's actually KURTH?" when I found that the black dragon in RD's intro isn't Dheginsea.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bosses I recall with nasty hit rates were the 8x and 16x bosses, and even then you'd be in at least the 60's.

I don't really like how "send Rutger at the boss and pray" is pretty much the only "good" strategy to get by against bosses in FE6, so my point stands that killing bosses in FE6 is ridiculously luck-reliant.

Edited by Levant Fortner

How dare you hate on my waifu?

Yeah, I mean, it does have it's flaws but i don't see how it's deserving of hate ;/

I know right, Walhart is such a shitty character too

Yeah but you like Cordelia so I'm ignoring you

Just kidding, glad to hear that you also like FE10. It's way underrated here and it gets a lot of hate and I really can't see why.

team FE10, go!

Walhart still sux

Gameplay-FE12-Everyone's growths are high enough that you don't have to worry about RNG screwage really. Has some of the best map designs and pretty much every chapter has multiple objectives.

Story-FE9-Good plot twists and the introduction of laguz worked well.

Music-FE4-Almost every map theme is amazing.

Characters-FE13-Pretty much the best part of Awakening.

Difficulty-FE12-Difficulty is more constant in this game than any other imo.

I don't really like how "send Rutger at the boss and pray" is pretty much the only "good" strategy to get by against bosses in FE6, so my point stands that killing bosses in FE6 is ridiculously luck-reliant.

see, pick a god and pray was totally a thing before FE13!

team FE10, go!

Walhart still sux

I hate Walhart too! Yay! Who says all the hate as of late is bad? It brings people together

Loving the FE10 love in this thread. It's not my favorite, and it has it problems, sure, but I find it one of the most fun FEs to actually play.

Gameplay-FE12. Simple mechanics with a good amount of death, like chess in a way.

Story-FE8 because it's well told and the villains are well done, even if the actual story is simple.

Music-Tear Ring Saga, though FE5 and FE12 come close.

Characters-FE8

Difficulty-FE12

team FE10, go!

Walhart still sux

I hate Walhart too! Yay! Who says all the hate as of late is bad? It brings people together

Loving the FE10 love in this thread. It's not my favorite, and it has it problems, sure, but I find it one of the most fun FEs to actually play.

I... don't know what I think about you then... you like FE10 but you hate Walhart... hmmm...

As long as you guys aren't *shudders* Gangrel fans I suppose that's ok.

I... don't know what I think about you then... you like FE10 but you hate Walhart... hmmm...

As long as you guys aren't *shudders* Gangrel fans I suppose that's ok.

I think Gangrel and Walhart>Emmeryn, does that count :B):

seriously, 1 million+ troops and can't finish Ylisse? pathetic

Wagner

58 avo, have fun without Rutger.

Chapter 5 boss is a pain too.

And generally every boss is a pain. And how is it any different than the DS games? All it does is have buffed enemy stats over your units like DS games do but its your opinion so its cool, dont get me wrong.

while i generally don't like FE6HM, it has more and earlier reinforcements, and stuff like Status staves and more prevelant siege weapons than the DS games, and has more stuff gameplaywise (well mostly just rescue)

also even if the maps are run roy to the throne, they're generally not the straight lines marth has to put up with because of terrain or Roy is just an assbag,

while i generally don't like FE6HM, it has more and earlier reinforcements, and stuff like Status staves and more prevelant siege weapons than the DS games, and has more stuff gameplaywise (well mostly just rescue)

also even if the maps are run roy to the throne, they're generally not the straight lines marth has to put up with because of terrain or Roy is just an assbag,

hey, Marth being one square short of seizing is part of the EXPERIENCE man

(also, FE12: the only game where caps matter)

More mechanics don't neccesarily make a game better. I find FE6's difficulty to be more stupid (and frustrating) than actual difficulty. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Edited by PKL

FE6 is fun when the game is still a logical version of Marcus Emblem

And then Chapter 7 come around and the game goes from Marcus Emblem into "use Marcus or the game will not be playable"

Still better than Lunatic+

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Gameplay: FE5

Capture, Fatigue and their impact are the most refreshing things I ever saw in a fire emblem.

Story: FE5

The only one that isn't about reviving an ancient god or world domination/destruction.

Music: None

I rarelly remarks music whenever I play and the only FE-related song that really had an impact on me was Blow'in in the wind.

Characters: FE4 (more for the first gen than the second)

It's the cast I had the easiest time taking a liking and it has the best design (I'm talking about the tcg series 2 and 3) IMO. Close runner up, design-wise, are FE3 (the tcg) and FE6.

Difficulty: FE6HM

Edited by Sartek

Gameplay- FE13 (Awakening) I like the pair up, the reclassing system, the branching promotions like in FE8, and skipping enemy phases.

Story- FE7 (Blazing Sword) I like the simple, easy to follow story that is also complicated enough to be good. I also loved the dynamic between Lyn, Hector and Eliwood in the story.

Music- FE7 (Blazing Sword) The game had a lot of good tracks like Together We Ride, Going my Way, Softly with Grace and Rise to the Challenge, and FE13's soundtrack is overrated, but had some good songs like Don't Speak her Name! and Id (Purpose).

Characters- FE13- Almost all the characters' gimmicks were really well done except for Kellam (lol im in a full suit of armour and no one can see me) and Sumia (i cant stop tripping but i go to war). Overall my favourite characters in video game history. And I truly feel bad for the children and what they went through.

Difficulty- FE13- I like how you can make the game loleasy, hard, or very hard.

And my only picks were FE7 and FE13 because I only have FE7, FE13 and FE8.

Edited by FEUltiX+

Gameplay: Fire Emblem 9/10. Horses with canto, the return of skills, some good maps overall... It's got it's flaws, but I like the gameplay.

Story: FE4, mainly because of the political intrigues. There should've been more characterization though, but that's asking too much of an old game.

Music: FE10. I love most of the tracks

Characters: Tied between Fire Emblem 7 and 9.

Difficulty: FE4, again. Not that easy, not that hard. If it didn't have holy weapons, I think the game would be more challenging.

Replayability: Between FE4 and FE10. The former because of pair ups, the latter because of the number of characters in the game (and it's impossible to just use them all efficiently imo).

Gameplay: FE13

I like grinding and pairing up units. Like, a lot.

Story: FE4

I felt most interested in Holy War's story, so FE4 it is.

Music: FE13

Awakening's soundtrack is absolutely beautiful.

Characters: FE4

I think this game had the most memorable cast in the entire series.

Difficulty: FE11 and FE12

I am unable to decide between these two, so them. Pegasi sisters murder both games though

Gameplay: FE10 in first, FE13 in second, FE7 in third.

Story: FE9 in first. FE13 in second, FE8 in third.

Music: FE 13 in first, FE7 in second, and FE10 in third.

Characters: FE13 with FE9 in second and FE10 in third

Difficulty: FE10 NM, FE13 HM, and FE7 Hector Mode (NM) or Eliwood Mode (HM)

Gameplay: FE12, hands down. Damn that game made me think!

Story: I still have a gigantic soft spot for FE7. I will not apologize for this.

Music: That'll be the day I actually listen to something that isn't the FE7 "track before the final chapter".

Characters: FE12, with FE7 in close second. FE12 fleshed out the hint of character I saw in FE11, and FE7's characters had some dynamic (see: Serra).

Difficulty: If I want to be brainless, FE7 EHM. If I want a challenge, I'll attempt to draft-run FE12 H1. When I play a game, I want a challenge, not a headache.