Does anyone here have a job?

Masu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ... looking, to say the least. But where I live is pretty crap where jobs are concerned... But I do have enough money right now to hold my own, until I start Uni anyway.

THATS WHATS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW. I start my 1st year of college in like 2 weeks and I have to pay for all of my books and classes AND pay rent.

lrn2financial aid :( You're not the only one in the boat. Sucks for me, I thought I had gotten a good price on my English books, having bought them before last semester even got out. Book Store on campus is a real snugger when it comes to prices. Turns out I somehow paid double their price. I'm never doing that crap again.

Last year I worked as an office assistant to the Financial Aid office at my college, about 10 hours a wee. This year is going to be the same, only now I'll be the front-desk kinda guy for the Humanities Department. At least were something to bear with--nothing's worse than wasting your life behind a job which doesn't even matter, moreso one you don't enjoy.

lrn2financial aid :( You're not the only one in the boat. Sucks for me, I thought I had gotten a good price on my English books, having bought them before last semester even got out. Book Store on campus is a real snugger when it comes to prices. Turns out I somehow paid double their price. I'm never doing that crap again.

Last year I worked as an office assistant to the Financial Aid office at my college, about 10 hours a wee. This year is going to be the same, only now I'll be the front-desk kinda guy for the Humanities Department. At least were something to bear with--nothing's worse than wasting your life behind a job which doesn't even matter, moreso one you don't enjoy.

I cant get financial aid. Luckly my parents are gonna pay for my books.

Why not. Really, if you parents make too much, all you do is make an appeal and show that their money does not contribute towards your financial responsibilities. If it's something else, you're always able to fill out for grants and scholarship which apply to you--something people should do before they enter college.

I don't have a job either even though I've been trying to get one for like 4 months now and I have come to a conclusion that I think the people who hire you just plainly hate me very much