Your Most Wanted Character

Ema Skye

Your Most Wanted Newcomer  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following do you most want to see in the next Smash Bros. game?

• Mewtwo (Pokemon)
    • Roy (Fire Emblem)
    • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
    • Ridley (Metroid)
    • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
    • Shulk (Xenoblade)
    • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
    • Chrom (Fire Emblem)
    • Toad (Super Mario)
    • Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
    • Waluigi (Super Mario)
    • Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
    • Black Shadow (F-Zero)
    • Little Mac (Punch-Out!)
    • Isaac (Golden Sun)
    • Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
    • Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda)
    • Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
    • Bomberman (Bomberman)
    • Krystal (Star-Fox)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Lucina on this list? I'd prefer her to Chrom!

OMIGOSH! IS THAT YOU LAUREN?! Welcome back! :D

Not sure if Lucina didn't fit due to the limit of poll options or if Chrom is expected more. I'd like either of them, and some more on this list.

OMIGOSH! IS THAT YOU LAUREN?! Welcome back! :D

Not sure if Lucina didn't fit due to the limit of poll options or if Chrom is expected more. I'd like either of them, and some more on this list.

Hello!! Yes, it's been maybe a year since I've been on this forum. Too long!

I'd be okay with Chrom, too. After thinking more about it, I think Chrom would make more sense than Lucina, since including Lucina would be a spoiler. Plus, Masked Marth could just be an optional Marth costume.

I feel like Chrom will be in it just because with the track record so far with Marth, Roy and Ike and the fact of Arena Ferox. I would say its almost positive but if I am wrong I have no problem eating my words lol. As for my vote? Isaac!! Pleeeeeeease. And if they do I think they could totally put Garret or Felix in the next one lol.

Simon from castlevania, imagine what his whip could be used for.

Also I'd rather have Lucina than Chrom because if Chrom joins in he would probably end up in a low tier like Ike while Lucina would probably be faster and more manageable.

I would like to see the avatar of FE13, because he is more important in the story than Chrom. And he cannot use only swords, but also magic. So he has a different moveset compared to the other FE characters in previous Smash Bros games. And you could choose the gender.

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

I'd be okay with Chrom, too. After thinking more about it, I think Chrom would make more sense than Lucina, since including Lucina would be a spoiler. Plus, Masked Marth could just be an optional Marth costume.

Ummm… Sheik was a spoiler too I think. More representation for the fire emblem series would be nice since it's last installment sold rather well. But Lucina will probably end up becoming a trophy TT_TT

Smash Brothers has never cared about spoilers. They spoiled the entire end game area of Mother 3 and its near final boss (Porky being alive at all) Among tons of other things.

And ^ You say the avatar can use magic and swords. Ike can use axes and yet he doesn't. What makes the avatar so special?

^^ to you. Slowness doesn't make a low tier, Dedede says hi not to mention Gimpyfish and his Bowser style in Melee among other things like Ganondorf in Melee. Project M Ike also says hi. Ike was pretty fun in brawl regardless.

To be fair, Jedi, Ike only got axes in RD, and Brawl Ike is more so based off of his PoR self. But I would so love to have RD Ike in Brawl.

Edited by Anacybele

I would love to see Chrom but at this point I really feel he will be replacing Ike, which is bittersweet. I would also enjoy seeing Isaac or another unexpected character to make the roster.

I realize that not everybody thinks of her as a mascot, but I feel like Anna is important enough to Fire Emblem, especially recent games, to earn the third slot. Quite frankly, I can't comprehend why they didn't add her before. She appears in every game, so even if Marth, Roy, or Ike isn't in the games people buy, she will be.

As for Chrom, yeah, he'll probably be replacing Ike. Sucks, but they could incorporate quite a bit of him into there. Plus, if they're REALLY aiming to make characters unique, they could implement the Pair Up feature as part of Smash Bros. somehow, so we'll be seeing Sumia, the Avatar, Frederick, Vaike, Sully, Gaius, Olivia... It's kinda a pipe dream, but I really think they could pull it off.

Showing up in every Fire Emblem doesn't make Anna important enough to get in. By that logic, Toad should be in since he's a supporting character in every Mario game (and barring the fact that some might agree with THAT, he shouldn't either for the same reasons). Anna's been a playable unit only in Awakening, and contributes next to nothing in the rest of the games save the fact that she's there as sort of an amusing little easter egg. It'd be interesting if she showed up as such in THIS game, but she's nowhere near significant enough to be playable. Perfect attendance isn't a qualifying trait.

If she's the character you WANT, that's fine, and I'm sorry for shooting you down if that's the case but it's just that you presented it like more of an argument for her inclusion than as a wish for it .___.

Showing up in every Fire Emblem doesn't make Anna important enough to get in. By that logic, Toad should be in since he's a supporting character in every Mario game (and barring the fact that some might agree with THAT, he shouldn't either for the same reasons). Anna's been a playable unit only in Awakening, and contributes next to nothing in the rest of the games save the fact that she's there as sort of an amusing little easter egg. It'd be interesting if she showed up as such in THIS game, but she's nowhere near significant enough to be playable. Perfect attendance isn't a qualifying trait.

If she's the character you WANT, that's fine, and I'm sorry for shooting you down if that's the case but it's just that you presented it like more of an argument for her inclusion than as a wish for it .___.

Well, excuse me. I'm sorry for stating my opinion. She is indeed the character I WANT, hard, but with all these characters getting in the game that just DON'T seem like shoe-ins, Anna doesn't seem like much of a stretch. She's apparently beloved enough to get a bigger role in Awakening. There's a chance she might get a bigger role in the next game.

But, hey. She's not that relevant, I get it. It's more of a pipe dream. Like Porky.

She IS that much of a stretch, though .__. Trust me. Robin/FE13 Avatar is very unlikely IMO, but that's more likely than Anna... sorry...

I still would like Marth, Ike, and Robin to be the FE reps. But I realize that Chrom is more likely going to boot Ike. *sobs*

Lucina is super popular, but she is literally indistinguishable from Marth other than longer hair. The characters in her game think she's Marth. Sakurai put Falco in Melee over Wolf because Wolf looked too much like Fox. Lucina is 100x worse than that. The only things that could remotely differentiate her are her special moves... all of which essentailly come Ike (i.e. Aether and a Quick-Draw-esque critical attack). She does have a good shot at an alt costume for Marth, though. Which I would be all for.

Lucina is super popular, but she is literally indistinguishable from Marth other than longer hair. The characters in her game think she's Marth. Sakurai put Falco in Melee over Wolf because Wolf looked too much like Fox. Lucina is 100x worse than that. The only things that could remotely differentiate her are her special moves... all of which essentailly come Ike (i.e. Aether and a Quick-Draw-esque critical attack). She does have a good shot at an alt costume for Marth, though. Which I would be all for.

And the different shades of colour used. And the different clothes. And the different fighting stance. And when exactly? The first thing Chrom says after hearing her 'name' he asks if she's named after the heroic king of old. Yes, when the only option for Wolf was to be a clone. See his appearance in Brawl, where he wasn't one.

As for the moveset: http://smashboards.com/threads/you-get-no-sympathy-in-a-fire-emblem-discussion.324264/page-175#post-16276972

Moveset NEVER matters as a factor for a character getting in; if a character is good enough to get in, the moveset will be handled just fine (IE, Captain Falcon).

Lucina DOES look strikingly similar to Marth (seeing as she was basically made to be a genderswap of him), and that is a legitimate factor to bring up when discussing whether or not she may be playable, and a more-than-possible reason why she may be discluded.

Personally, I'd love to have Lucina over Chrom and I'd main the shit out of her, but I'm skeptical that she'll get in for exactly the reason that Ragnell states. Here's hoping, though. I'm kind of hoping Sakurai DOES go that route to even out the dick-to-vaj ratio and/or throw people off who were expecting Chrom lol.

Edited by BANRYU

Lucina DOES look strikingly similar to Marth (seeing as she was basically made to be a genderswap of him), and that is a legitimate factor to bring up when discussing whether or not she may be playable, and a more-than-possible reason why she may be discluded.

The only Marth she looks that much like is his FE13 DLC design. Compare her design to any of his other ones, and she doesn't look that much like him.

[spoiler=Lucina]

Marth.jpg

[spoiler=Smash Marth]

main.png

I wouldn't call that strikingly similar.

I wouldn't call that strikingly similar.

I would call it similar enough to matter, but opinions differ. *shrug*

Edited by BANRYU