NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

The Jags dont want to win out and go 8-8 and 2 years ago the Colts fans didnt want to see their team suddenly win their last 6 games. Sometimes you have to completely bottom out before you can spring back up.

But the difference is that it's halfway through the season and that Colts team was actually really really fucking bad. This browns team is actually pretty damn good aside from QB.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, my stepdad put the Panthers game on. And they just got a TD! Though it was mostly thanks to that penalty on the Falcons that got the Panthers an automatic first down. That Falcons defense really does need some improvement. xP

But I don't care, go Panthers! lol

Damn damn damn damn. They ALMOST had that first down after third and freaking THIRTY. I think they should go for it on fourth though. It's like fourth and inches. Come on, Steelers, do something! No more turnovers, Ben. >_>

Pff, the Steelers aren't doing any better against the Patriots. This defense simply can't pass defend. They can pummel Brady's RBs just fine, but that's not enough. And these penalties are fucking killing them. What I can't believe is that most of these penalties were on Polamalu. I thought he was going to be the guy to carry and motivate this defense (along with Woodley). Instead, he's the one holding them back. The only really nice thing that's happened is that Ben bomb to Brown for a TD.

The Steelers aren't going to win this. Nor are they getting into the playoffs. It was nice that they didn't give up and believed they could do it, but they can't. Not this season. Perhaps next year. Maybe.

I've still got the Panthers to look at for a Super Bowl contender though. They totally crushed the Falcons. Newton has passing problems though, and he needs to fix them if his team wants to get to the SB. He's overthrowing too much and he needs to stop throwing on third and short. Improve on that and these Panthers will be beasts.

I AM rather surprised that the Ravens are losing to the Browns of all teams though. :/

Edited by Anacybele

The Panthers probably won't be making it that far this year. They could really use some improvement at both RB and WR iirc. Get more skill surrounding Cam and they'll be fine.

The Steelers didn't have much of a hope going into the season anyway.

The Browns look like they're doing well

Now the Ravens defense is starting to shut them down... Ravens offense is driving down the field and punting now it seems after some ridiculous receptions by Brown and Smith

also 3 and out- WAIT FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

also Nick Foles makes history

Edited by Lord Raven

OH OH! The Steelers tie the game after coming into the second half two TDs behind! They can still do this shit! :D

I knew this was about to happen too. I walked away from the game because they always make a comeback when I walk away. Heh, heh.

Well, there goes the Steelers' big comeback. It was nice while it lasted, I suppose. I've walked away again though, so maybe they'll come back one more time. But I doubt it at this point, somehow.

This patchwork defense isn't doing it for me. Consistently letting a fucking 7 minute drive at the end of games to seal it away, after the offense pulls its weight.

Edited by Lord Raven

YES! WE HAVE DEFEATED YOU FOR ALL TIME! YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!

Well, that was fun.

Get to a Super Bowl first then we can talk some more :)

How does it feel to know that both of our Super Bowl wins involved beating the Broncos?

Edited by Lord Raven

I just have six words to say on this loss. Todd. Haley. Needs. His. Ass. FIRED.

Yes he does. That was very poor play calling at the end of the game. And the middle of the game. And the beggining.

Yes he does. That was very poor play calling at the end of the game. And the middle of the game. And the beggining.

I know, right? And he doesn't let Ben make any of his own decisions anymore! And Dick Lebeau seems to be losing his touch too. This is why everyone is looking bad sometimes! Even Polamalu, though he's still mostly been decent because he's Polamalu.

If Ben could make his own decisions more often again, that alone would make a big improvement.

Is Lebeau losing his touch or are the personnel just really not that good anymore? afaik Ike Taylor is streaky, Polamalu really does have a tendency to blow plays, especially that he's older, and the rest of the defense is kinda patchwork.

Edited by Lord Raven

Polamalu just had a bad day today. But he also still makes great plays, like that fumble recovery he forced. He's also made some nice tackles. And let's not forget his pick against the Raiders last week. You're right that he's been blowing more plays than usual though. >_>

I think Lebeau is just getting too old. The defense still has some great guys out there. Ike Taylor is great, Woodley is great, Jarvis Jones is amazing for a rookie, Clark, Timmons, and Allen are all great too. Lebeau's age is just getting to him at last.

Ana, I watched the Steelers game and I think youve got a few more problems than the OC. They did score 31 points after all.

The defense looked terrible and Ben just doesn't look the same. He has had a great career but im not too sure it will last much longer. He just takes too many hits.
Youre in a bad spot, you have a ton of holes to improve and you need to find a QB successor at some point in the next 3 years.
Bills should have won. They dominated the Chiefs except for turnovers. 17 points including 2 defensive TDs off 3 turnovers. And 6 dropped passes didnt help Tuel at all. Good news is that EJ might be back next week, and we have an extremely weak schedule to close out the year. Bad News is that we most likely need to win out to make the play-offs.
Holy shit Nick Foles. They should have tried to get him 8.
Bucs blew a 21 point lead. I was surprised by the lead, not the final score.