NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Ah, I see. The Ravens sure went downhill fast after winning a Super Bowl. :/

Whoever wins on Thanksgiving, it could go either way now, really. The Ravens lost to the Steelers the first time around, but the Steelers also lost to the Bengals who then lost to the Ravens. It's an AFC North triangle. Anything can happen with this division at this point...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see. The Ravens sure went downhill fast after winning a Super Bowl. :/

Whoever wins on Thanksgiving, it could go either way now, really. The Ravens lost to the Steelers the first time around, but the Steelers also lost to the Bengals who then lost to the Ravens. It's an AFC North triangle. Anything can happen with this division at this point...

Ignoring the browns I see. They have a better record than the steelers and the same record as the ravens.

They're kinda relevant, they beat the Bengals and split the Ravens. I can see the whole division going 3-3 inside the division (or Ravens going 4-2 depending on the status of the wild card spot), which means that Ravens will probably cap out at 8-8 or 9-7 and I can see that winning the division also. Bengals are definitely able to lose 3-4 more games on their schedule to make it happen, going 1-1 against Pittsburgh, beating Minnesota, and losing to the Colts/Chargers... which is 9-7

Ravens will probably beat the Steelers and do whatever it needs to do against Cincy (most likely win) for another 2 wins in the division, putting us at 6-5. Probably beat the Jets, lose to Detroit and Chicago, beat Minnesota and New England for a 9-7 record (beating Cincy in Week 17 is a stretch; our defense will completely shut down Geno Smith and that offense in Baltimore). Man, football is terrible for your heart.

That's just the division. I can easily see 8-8 taking the Wild Card in the AFC, because of all the 4-5 and potentially 2 5-4 teams (and Tennessee losing Locker for the season).

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, the Ravens won't beat the Steelers this time if they play the way they did in the first game. And you forget, the Steelers still have a better offense right now despite Haley being stupid. Ben is solid, he's got useful receivers in Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, and Wheaton, he's got a good run game with Bell and Dwyer, and he's got a good TE in Miller. David Johnson is also a pretty decent TE. The o-line is still a bit of a problem, but if Ben can just get rid of that ball quickly and move around a lot, there shouldn't be much opportunity for the o-line to start screwing things up. The Ravens, as you said, have no run game and no more good receivers, and a bad o-line, all they have is Flacco.

The defense isn't terrible either, they still have some talent. I just don't know at all what happened against the Pats. >_> But it doesn't appear that they came anywhere near making the same mistakes against the Bills, which is good news. And the Ravens defense just couldn't quite match that of the Steelers in their matchup.

The Steelers should really only have three losses right now (the first two games (due to having had a few injuries at the time) and the loss to the Pats). The rest of their games were either very close or wins. It's just that as I said, Haley caused the offense to blow it more times than they should have. This is the only thing I really worry about.

But maybe the Ravens will have gotten some of their crap back together by Thanksgiving and we'll have a real game on our hands. Who knows. This is why I said it's anyone's game right now.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just happy that Packers' fans get to feel the pain of having an incompetent QB. I have a few friends who are Packers' fans, and they were so angry at the bad Quarter-Backing welcome to the life of many other NFL fans.

It's unfortunate we have to deal with the not top-of-the-line QB play, but it's hardly bad enough to complain about. You want to know what's been bad the past two weeks? Defense. I mean, the Eagles scored three touchdowns, all of them on pass plays of 35+ yards. And then an extended drive to kill the game for the second straight week? That's terrible.

He said at home ffs. The majority of the Ravens wins have come at home this season, and I'd easily put that place in top 5 12th man advantage with Seattle, New Orleans, Denver and KC all ahead IMO

Fucking ninja'd while I was looking up stats

Edited by Randombobman

Well then, we'll just see if that continues to hold true. Don't forget, though, that the last time the Steelers played the Ravens in Baltimore, the latter had their birdy butts kicked, and at the time, the Steelers were battered with injuries and stuck with a third string QB.

Edited by Anacybele

Ravens were actually about as injured on defense (holy shit last year's defense was injury ridden, you may have been up against 3rd string linemen/linebackers/defensive backs), and around that time Cam Cameron was completely falling apart in desperate playcalls... notice how two games later we fired our coordinator.

Buccs are now 1-8, Dolphins are 4-5. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Edited by Lord Raven

*disappointed in all retarded Charger loses*

Screw Chargers, Broncos>Kansas>Chargers I am fairly interested if the Chargers could make it to the play-offs,the chances are fairly low maybe even 0 at this point.Chargers defensive line needs to step up,since offense is fairly great due to Phillip Rivers being such a great quarterback.This is the first and last time I'll be posting here ._.

Wow, That 6th seed wild card spot in the AFC is completely up for grabs right now. Other than the Jags, every AFC team has a shot at it based on their record. I wouldn't be too surprised to see it won with a bunch of teams at 7-9 and one team having all the tie-breakers. If any of the teams make it to 9-7 they will get it for sure, and the Ravens will most likely be that team.

Anyone else excited for Broncos vs Chiefs? I want to know if the Chiefs are for real, or if they've just taken advantage of their easy schedule. Assuming that hit that Manning took at the end of the Chargers game doesnt affect him, I expect to see the Broncos win by at least 2 scores.

Ugh, there's never going to be a week where all three of my teams win. -_-

What's worse is that Miami went and lost to a winless team. These guys are just too all over the place this season. They can beat good teams like the Bengals, but blow it against bad ones like the Bucs?

That's all on their coaching if they can't win with all that talent on the roster and if they blew a game they had in the bag four times in a season.

The difference between Tampa and Jacksonville despite having the same record is that Tampa has a point differential of like -50 total which is like 6 per game. They've only been blown out twice - by the Pats and the Panthers, who are currently incredible. They stayed competitive with the Eagles the entire game. They should've beaten the Jets (but bad luck and late hits), the Cardinals (boneheaded mistake), the Seahawks (21-0 at halftime and you lose???), and the Saints (you're beating one of the best offenses in the league and somehow you let it slip away). I forget who else beat them, but they look way better than the Giants and the Vikings despite the record.

The Jaguars have set a record for most negative point differential at this point in the season, and in fact the only time the Jaguars have ever had a lead in a game was during the Titans game. The only time they scored more than 20 points was against the Titans. They have gotten blown the FUCK out in every game except the Titans game. If you want a truly talentless team then go to the Jaguars.

Win-loss record tells you nothing but what the team has accomplished. The games themselves tell you enough about the team to predict their future. That's why I picked them over Miami.

Edited by Lord Raven

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans - Put him into the Pro Bowl!

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens @ Chicago Bills - THE DREAM WILL NOT END, DADDY NEEDS A BIRTHDAY GIFT (my birthdays on Sunday)

Cleveland Browns @ Cincinnati Bengals - The only way we make the playoffs is through the division.

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans - I guess losing Ed Reed can do nothing but help!

Arizona Cardinals @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Arizona might make the playoffs this year, holy shit. If not that then at least go 8-8.

San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins - Out of necessity Miami needs to win, but this is kind of a wash

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles

Detroit Lions @ Pittsburgh Steelers - I don't know if home field advantage will neutralize the fact that Detroit is on fire

Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I have no idea how Atlanta can win this, last time they had home field advantage but this time...

San Francisco 49ers @ New Orleans Saints - It comes to a matter of which team has the more efficient method to score, and frankly Saints are far more efficient in the air and on the ground right now. SF has no passing game.

Minnesota Vikings @ Seattle Seahawks

Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants - oh man lol

Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos

New England Patriots @ Carolina Panthers - The NFC seems to be finally showing exactly what we all predicted. Interestingly enough, the AFC is not tougher but it is far more even outside of the Broncos/Chiefs, the Patriots are about to run into the toughest part of their schedule. The Chiefs are also hitting a very difficult portion of their schedule.

^ Chicago Bills? lol, the Ravens could beat them with their practice squad.

Basically im routing for the Bills to win and most of the AFC to play like shit. The Bills making the playoffs pretty much requires a miracle to happen at this point. Sorry Randa but I hope Brady has a season ending injury and the Patriots lose their remaining 6 games. Otherwise we need to somehow beat out 9 other teams for the 6th seed. Well 2 different miracles with a combined chance of .0002% that the Bills make the playoffs isn't that bad, right? Guys?

14 years without playoffs here we come...