NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this Steeler defense simply doesn't know how to shut down passing plays. And if they don't start doing this, it could cost the game. -_-

Bengals have a great pass defense that shut down Tom Brady completely.

Same great pass defense triple teamed Megatron and Megatron still hauled in a TD catch. And let's not forget what other teams did. Megatron is too big, fast, and strong to be easily covered. The only person I can think of that can conceivably cover him is a left tackle that runs a 4.40 40 yard dash and has a great high jump.

Also the Browns and the Jets are really shitting the bed... blocked punt for a TD then fumble recovery for a TD. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Edited by Lord Raven

Only by a few points. They haven't lost yet. Still, I'm really surprised the defense allowed 24 points in one quarter. >_> But the half isn't even quite over yet. There's still another whole half to go.

EDIT: And this drive is screwed by a bullshit call. The penalty is on the Lions, but it sent the Steelers back ten yards instead. WTF.

Edited by Anacybele

...Okay, something must be screwy with NFL.com. Because the same thing just happened. A penalty on a Lions player, but it sent the Steelers back further. It must be a glitch. I hate following games on here sometimes. I wish the stream my stepdad pulled up would stop freezing...

And I wish the Steelers would stop shooting themselves in the foot.

...If the Steelers don't lose because they can't stop pass plays, they're going to lose because of penalties. Come on, people, you were doing so good, what the hell is happening? >_>

EDIT: Holding them to a FG at like the 1 yard line. That's the defense we're looking for here.

Edited by Anacybele

...Okay, something must be screwy with NFL.com. Because the same thing just happened. A penalty on a Lions player, but it sent the Steelers back further. It must be a glitch. I hate following games on here sometimes. I wish the stream my stepdad pulled up would stop freezing...

And I wish the Steelers would stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Well, ESPN has TB down for -3 points in the third.

Yeah Megatron is continuing his hot streak and is just destroying Ike Taylor in single coverage lol. It has less to do with the Pittsburgh secondary and more to do with Johnson being the insanely good receiver that he is. And Joique Bell is having a field day (literally) on the ground

nflchamp: Huh.

Well, anyway, half time. We're only down by a TD, this game can still go to black and gold! The offense just needs to do more no huddle plays, and the defense needs to stop getting penalties and start shutting down wide receivers and Stafford's passing more. If they can just figure out a way to take Calvin Johnson and Megatron out of the picture...

Edited by Anacybele

...What. Then why did the announcers use both names when I was watching it online? o_O

EDIT: The Steeler D just messed up all of Stafford's passes! THIS is what needs to be happening!

Edited by Anacybele

They alternate between the two, but his nickname is Megatron and his name is Calvin Johnson

EDIT: Buccs in the redzone again, lmao... I love coaches that know they're about to be fired - they just go FUCK IT and play ball.

Baltimore game is back!

Edited by Lord Raven

Because our redzone rush D has only ever failed against a divisional opponent. Our secondary is suspect at times, but now they're clicking really well (protip: our corners aren't that good in zone, yet they keep calling zone plays) and they expected to be able to pass it.

That's also why the Niners went the route they did to get a TD back in the Super Bowl; Gore would not be able to get them yards on the ground that they'd need. Ravens run defense in the redzone is really, really good.

First and 1, right at the endzone on the Lions' side for the Steelers! Don't mess it up this time!

EDIT: And the lead goes back to the Steelers! YES! You guys can still win, it's up to the defense now! Don't blow it, PLEASE!

Edited by Anacybele

Calvin Johnson is Megatron :snigger:

Gah, ninja'd.

Steelers finally scored in the redzone with repeated help from the zebras lol

Terrible clock management though. All we gotta do is march it down the field burning up time and score a TD. Usually we have 2 mins or less to do this shit but we got plenty of time to play now

Edited by Randombobman