NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Maclin has missed the entire season and Vick/Foles have missed several games between the 2 of them. Youre underestimating their injuries a little bit, however youre right about them being generally healthy.

Idk, Gronk's family was really pissed at the Patriots organization before Gronk came back. Hes now had I believe 6 surgeries in the last year. He is really young still but if this happens anymore I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see him out of the league in 2 years.

Trading 5 years of an NFL career for 40 years of being partially crippled isnt worth it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick is made of glass and Foles had a concussion I think? I forget what happened to Maclin, I think it was ACL but he wasn't a particularly durable guy. Gronk is definitely built better than Vick, and I firmly believe that he has the whole Danny Amendola freak injury syndrome where I'm pretty sure they don't know how to properly protect themselves.

Edited by Lord Raven

2nd time this fucking season that the refs have stolen a game form us. I don't give a shit if its the last play or drive of a game. I don't care which team you call it for call the fucking P.I. Seriously fuck refs. They called it last week when it wasnt P.I. now they don't.

Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win!

Okay, I think I'm good.

Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win! Packers win!

Okay, I think I'm good.

You left a few FuckYeaPackers out of that, but wrt get the point.

Also, FUCK YEA PACKERS, Flynn played damn well at the end

TOUCHDOWN LE'VEON BELL! The guys are actually playing really well against these Bengals! You go Steelers! :D

The safety might not have counted, but the play put the Steelers at the one yard line at first and goal, and BOOYAH! And then that defense stopping this Bengals offense at 3rd and god damn 1. Old and slow my foot.

Edited by Anacybele

Cowboys' D is incompetent lmao

and wow the Bengals punter smh... I need the Steelers to win this because if the following happens

- Pats lose out

- Ravens win out

- Dolphins go 1-1 or 0-2

- Colts go 1-1 or 0-2

Ravens get a first round bye. All are very possible. Lions have turnover and secondary issues, Bengals have issues in general, Patriots have receiver and defense issues, and Dennis Pitta is back so we may be able to finally close out games.

As for what Dennis Pitta can do, imagine you have 3 WRs and 2 TEs, and your RBs don't count because your running game is terrible. Imagine none of them able to get open, and imagine none of them ever fighting or adjusting for any catches against heavy coverage. Imagine half of them prone to dropping shit 75% of the time it's thrown to them. Imagine none of them being able to run the right route, leading to a pick. Imagine many of them tipping balls, leading to incompletions or interceptions. Imagine none of them actually going to a spot where they're being lead into. That's the Ravens receiver corps. Dennis Pitta? The other day he leaped and dove to catch a ball. This entire season, the Ravens receivers were unable to do that. If your QB is scrambling around for 5+ seconds, then it's obvious that your offensive line sucks, your receivers can't get anything resembling open, your checkdown targets suck, and your run game doesn't have anything happening.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, the Bengals are kinda shooting themselves in the foot already, admittedly. lol

Dalton goes down! The Steeler D gets him after he hadn't been sacked in a very long time! I can't believe how monstrous this defense is right now. How come they couldn't play like this against the Dolphins? xP

And if it wasn't apparent, I'm really rooting for the Ravens this week.

Hilariously, the Bears and Packers fans are invading /r/Ravens and saying this exact thing. I think we need a miracle to do it, and a good endgame push, but if we get that first round bye I will suck my own dick (don't hold me to this, i really won't)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEELERS!!!! time to puke

Edited by Lord Raven

HOLY SHIT! ANTONIO BROWN PUNT RETURN TD! No penalty! Fuck yes, 20-0 Steelers! Not how I expected the game to end up so far at all, but I'm not complaining. lol

I love Antonio Brown though. He's my new favorite receiver. ^^

Also, Ike Taylor has been all over AJ Green. I was hoping that would happen again. lol

Edited by Anacybele

The Steelers WIN! THEY BEAT THE BENGALS! I didn't expect this to happen at all, but I'm fricken HAPPY! The Browns lost too, which is good. The Ravens need to lose tomorrow. The Lions gotta do this. Come on, Lions! I know my team beat you guys, but you all are still alive too! You need the Ravens to lose just as much as we do! Go Lions!

Poor Bengals though, losing all those guys to injuries today. I hope they can be ready for the purple birds in two weeks. The Ravens are the main thing standing in our way. They gotta go down.

Cowboys' D is incompetent lmao

and wow the Bengals punter smh... I need the Steelers to win this because if the following happens

- Pats lose out

- Ravens win out

- Dolphins go 1-1 or 0-2

- Colts go 1-1 or 0-2

Ravens get a first round bye. All are very possible. Lions have turnover and secondary issues, Bengals have issues in general, Patriots have receiver and defense issues, and Dennis Pitta is back so we may be able to finally close out games.

As for what Dennis Pitta can do, imagine you have 3 WRs and 2 TEs, and your RBs don't count because your running game is terrible. Imagine none of them able to get open, and imagine none of them ever fighting or adjusting for any catches against heavy coverage. Imagine half of them prone to dropping shit 75% of the time it's thrown to them. Imagine none of them being able to run the right route, leading to a pick. Imagine many of them tipping balls, leading to incompletions or interceptions. Imagine none of them actually going to a spot where they're being lead into. That's the Ravens receiver corps. Dennis Pitta? The other day he leaped and dove to catch a ball. This entire season, the Ravens receivers were unable to do that. If your QB is scrambling around for 5+ seconds, then it's obvious that your offensive line sucks, your receivers can't get anything resembling open, your checkdown targets suck, and your run game doesn't have anything happening.

"Very possible" seems like wishful thinking. New England losing at home to Buffalo? Cincinnati losing at home to Minnesota? These teams are undefeated at home this season and their competition is mediocre.

I'd be more worried about Baltimore getting in at all at this point- if they lose any one of their next 3 games they'll need some help from the Bills or Jets who are unreliable at best (also a San Diego loss if the Ravens lose to the Patriots or Bengals).

You won't get one when the post you're replying to is more or less out of left field (realistic in that it's not impossible, but it's also the same level of realism that said a few weeks back that the Giants would make it to the Super Bowl and subsequently decrease NFL viewership by 50%)

I do firmly believe that even Week 17 is no gimme for the Patriots. Patriots have injuries across the board and they can't stop long drives from happening. EJ is playing well again, and their secondary is pretty good compared to the Patriots crappy receiver corps. I can see them going 11-5 on the season. Colts have a good chance of ending 10-6 from a chiefs loss and a win against Jacksonville. I do also believe the Ravens will play some extraordinarily tough games ahead that they will stay competitive in and Dennis Pitta will be enough to bring our offense from poor to mediocre (as good as one can get with a historically awful run game). I also believe the Dolphins will have tough games against a Jets team that's up and down and when they go to Buffalo (a warm weather team going to frigid Buffalo isn't a gimme either), and I don't believe the Chargers have the ability with that defense to go more than 8-8 (Raiders and Chiefs are their final two opponents, and now that the Chiefs have discovered an offense). I do believe we can make the playoffs through a fight for our division, but I don't actually believe we will get a first round bye. actually I do #ravensnation #fordfieldmiracle #bungles

Still how upset would everyone be if the 2-4,6 seeds were 10-6 and the 5th seed was 12-4? Let's entertain that thought for a little while. AFC playoffs are very delicate right now, although if the Ravens get to 8 wins the Steelers and Jets are eliminated. 9 wins and we can take out the Chargers. Fuckin' Dolphins

Edited by Lord Raven

The Ravens getting to 8 wins doesn't eliminate the Steelers, since the Steelers win the tiebreaker at 8-8. 9 wins by either the Dolphins or Ravens (or a Jets loss to the Browns) will eliminate them though.

Miami managed to win in Pittsburgh in the snow, so I'm not sure if the cold weather fazes them much. They also managed to dominate the Jets in their previous meeting and are at home this time so an upset seems rather unlikely. There's certainly a chance the Dolphins will lose, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Miami only beat us by a VERY narrow margin though. I wouldn't get my hopes up THAT high for them. And this is coming from one of their fans.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't really have my hopes anywhere as I don't really care if the Dolphins or Ravens make the playoffs. I just think it's more likely that the Dolphins will get in- which does not make me particularly popular among Baltimore sports fans right now lol.