NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Well, I'll be happy whether the Steelers or Dolphins get in, cause I like them both. :P

And I want either a Steelers vs Panthers Super Bowl or a Dolphins vs Panthers Super Bowl.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ana, I dont think youre gonna get what you want.

We have gotten as much as 3 feet of snow in some places in Western NY in the last week. I had to spend the night at my grandparents last night because from 1pm to 7pm we got about 2 feet of snow. I hope it snows like this next Sunday.
The Bills aren't an easy win for Miami or NE. EJ started the Jags game 0 of 4 with an INT and finished 17 of 20, 197 YDS 2 TDS 1 Rush TD. And the Bills D leads the league in sacks and INTs.
Im kinda excited because im going to be in NE (specifically NH) for the last game this year. I would love it if Raven's dream became a reality. Go Ravens!

Sorry Ana, I dont think youre gonna get what you want.

We have gotten as much as 3 feet of snow in some places in Western NY in the last week. I had to spend the night at my grandparents last night because from 1pm to 7pm we got about 2 feet of snow. I hope it snows like this next Sunday.

The Bills aren't an easy win for Miami or NE. EJ started the Jags game 0 of 4 with an INT and finished 17 of 20, 197 YDS 2 TDS 1 Rush TD. And the Bills D leads the league in sacks and INTs.

Im kinda excited because im going to be in NE (specifically NH) for the last game this year. I would love it if Raven's dream became a reality. Go Ravens!

Not to take anything away form EJ and the bills, but come on its the jags. (No offense to anybody) Talent wise they are the single worst team in the league, its a miracle they won any games.(Talking from a statistical stand point) And you act like the snow will change anything. We live in massachusets its the same weather.

Also I'm sorry raven, but I got root for the lions today, if they win we clinch a playoff spot. Sorry.

Jags are playing far above their talent level. It's definitely not a miracle they're 4-12, any given sunday baby! They also have a good coach and they're making use of whatever they've got - they've beaten the Texans twice (a very talented team) and played some close games lately. Jags aren't a joke.

Rumble King - snow is a factor for the Dolphins, but New England doesn't get nearly as bad as Buffalo either.

That's why I'm saying from a statistical stand point it's a miracle not from a football stand point.

And for the record we have a foot and a half of snow outside with another eight inches in the forecast for tomorrow. Snow will not be a factor against the pats.

I'm *pretty* sure Buffalo still gets worse, but the point is once again against Miami. Snow's still a factor no matter what team it is, and it makes the team more of a crapshoot.

And statistically the Jags should still be winning games lol, they may have exceeded expectations but to assume at any time that a team is a less than 3 win team is stupid. What statistics would say that the Jags shouldn't be 4-12?

Compared to the previous year the talent has not increased. I am exaggerating when I say zero. A mor appropriate number would be two or three wins. Either way the difference is like the '08 lions and the '73 saints. Not good either way.

They have way better coaching than last year and a good draft for depth. The 2008 Lions were the pinnacle of Matt Millen's terrible drafting, the 2013 Jags at least have a good draft.

So going by that, it makes sense they went from 2-14 to 4-10.

Ana, I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just giving my opinion.

The 2 years prior to this year we hardly got any snow at all. By Christmas last year we had gotten less than 2 inches total and absolutely none was still on the ground. Its the only time in my lifetime I can remember such mild winters. This year we seem to be back to normal.
So, in the last 2 years the NE states probably got more snow than here but in "normal" years we definitely get more because of the lake effect from Lake Erie.
Regardless, my point about the snow in WNY had absolutely nothing to do with the game in Foxboro 2 weeks from now. And really not much to do with the Miami game next week I just like seeing games played in the snow.
Best case scenario for me is the Pats, Fins, Bengals and Ravens all finishing 10-6. Miami wins the AFC East, Baltimore wins the North and the Bengals get the 6th seed due to tiebreakers over the Pats.

I don't want that to happen because if the Colts go 1-1 in the next two games (likely, they invite Jacksonville over to play and go to Kansas City) then Ravens are the third or fourth seed. Dolphins need to lose to the Bills dawg

(Head-to-head doesn't apply in this case because of a three way tie... I think at that point it's conference record, because Head-to-head and mutual opponents don't apply)

Edited by Lord Raven

haha the whole AFC is rooting for the Lions and the NFC for the Ravens

Just shows how big this game is. If you told me at the beginning of the year BAL@DET would be a huge game i'd call you a liar.

EDIT: You don't dive your fucking helmet into a quarterback's shin! It's against the rules! Where was the roughing the passer call!! Why does our defense break down in the fourth quarter! Why can't we get TDs in the redzone!!

Edited by Lord Raven

haha the whole AFC is rooting for the Lions and the NFC for the Ravens

except me! i have no reason to like the ravens.

this analogy might make little sense, but i'll go for it anyway:

a purely special-teams won game is as satisfying as a UFC match won by submission (not very satisfying).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

and defense... three picks on stafford and tons of run stuffing

But at least yall got to see how awful our receivers are! unreliable, drops, bad routes, and our line doesn't let flacco step into his throws for accuracy. Now you know exactly why we were 3-5 at some point.

EDIT: BbqYRVLCAAAZCmE.jpg

Edited by Lord Raven

...That is disgusting, Lord Raven. We did not need to know that. >_>

Well, my stepdad told me it was already impossible for the Steelers to get to the playoffs now anyway. But they put up a very good effort and look like a real team now. We've got excellent receivers, an RB that's probably a contender for rookie of the year, Ben and Todd Haley got good stuff going on at last, we just need to fix a few defensive issues. Polamalu, Taylor, and Woodley at least should stay. Every other old guy probably should go. Yes, including Brett Kiesel, unfortunately. He was great while he lasted, but he's too injury prone now. If we get more guys like Jarvis Jones, this defense should be a real steel curtain again. Dick Lebeau should probably reitre though. He's old too, but will be a hall of famer.

No playoffs again means something's going to change, though, that's for sure.

Edited by Anacybele

That 3rd day draft pick for Anquan Bolden must look really good right now, LOL.

Yeah all that defense depth we got is great. Tucker was undrafted in 2012 not 2013 btw so it doesn't have much to do with him. He beat out cundiff for the kicker position before our Super Bowl season

But yeah reason we "only" got a third day was because every team knew we'd cut him anyway... So Jim was like "u wan 6 round boi" and John was like "anything from u bruh"