NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Succop missed it... :/

Anyway, Chargers got lucky. Ugh, Succop, I hate you! I hate the Chiefs even more now. xP So freaking close to that Steel City miracle and it slips away again. The Steelers need to stop with these almosts. We need more definites. I still smell a trip to the playoffs next year though.

My condolences to raven, Anna(steelers), Jedi, and Anna again(dolphins), about your not making the playoffs. But on that note congratulations to panthers, Seahawks, and patriots fans for clinching byes. And congrats to packer fans for making the playoffs.

Edited by Randa

Thanks, I appreciate that. :)

I'm still glad that the Steelers fought so hard though. They tried the best they could after the 0-4 start. I love my Steelers. ^^

And I still have the Panthers to cheer for! Go Panthers! Make North Carolina proud!

Uh, Succop missed it... :/

Anyway, Chargers got lucky.

So did every team ever in the first half of our season against us

And our opponents the last two games were lucky that Deandre Levy hit Flacco's shin and sprained his MCL

Edited by Lord Raven

So did every team ever in the first half of our season against usAnd our opponents the last two games were lucky that Deandre Levy hit Flacco's shin and sprained his MCL

Denver didnt get lucky. Everybody else got lucky against Denver.

Also my favorite day of the year is tommorow.

Denver got pretty lucky in the second half... that many drops on third down in a row + losing your start RT and a receiver/star return guy. I think we could've avoided a blowout by quite a lot.

So did every team ever in the first half of our season against us

And our opponents the last two games were lucky that Deandre Levy hit Flacco's shin and sprained his MCL

Um, okay? I don't know what this has to do with anything, but whatever.

My point is that luck's a huge part of the NFL and it's hard to actually complain about it, if it has to come down to luck then something else definitely went wrong.

In this case, KC blew it by allowing the Chargers to close a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter, furthered by an illegal forward pass on 4th and 15.

EDIT: Moving forward...

I wonder how black monday will go, especially in terms of Ravens coordinators. I *know* Chud is on the verge of getting fired, Frazier's on his way out. But the Lions may keep Schwartz (what the flying fuck? they've lost 6 in a row on a very healthy team). Rex Ryan is staying, and the AFC E just teared up. Mike Shanahan's done. Wade Phillips, definitely gone.

Finally, we saw Denver's offense shatter numerous NUMEROUS records this season... let me find a link to all of them.

Also, the AFC everyone!

1 - DEN (13-3)

2 - NE (12-4)

3 - CIN (11-5)

4 - IND (11-5)

5 - KC (11-5)

6 - SD (9-7)

And surprisingly, this is sorted by record! I think CIN AND IND have tiebreakers over KC anyway.

the NFC is locked up save the 3 seed;

1 - SEA (13-3)

2 - CAR (12-4)

3 - PHI or DAL (10-6 or 9-7)

4 - GB (8-7-1)

5 - SF (12-4)

6 - NO (11-5)

Wild Card:

SD (6) @ CIN (3)

KC (5) @ IND (4)

NO (6) @ PHI (3)

SF (5) @ GB (4)

Divisional:

IND (4) @ DEN (1)

CIN (3) @ NE (2)

SF (5) @ SEA (1)

PHI (3) @ CAR (2)

Championship:

CIN (3) @ DEN (1)

CAR (2) @ SEA (1)

Super Bowl: Seattle

The Championship rounds will be some of the best football we will ever see.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh. Yeah, you're right, that does make sense. And I agree, that illegal passing was stupid, the guy should've kept running. But that field goal right at the end of the fourth quarter shouldn't have been a miss either, imo.

1) Neither Philly nor Dallas can beat NO.

2) I don't expect Seattle to win it's first game against anyone they can possibly get (which I'll call NO).

3) Carolina vs. NE. I'll expect NE to win despite the fact I'd rather Carolina did.

1) Neither Philly nor Dallas can beat NO.

New Orleans is mediocre away. They're something like 8-0 at home and 3-5 away. Their away wins were a lucky win over the Buccs, the Falcons, and an AWFUL Bears defense. Meanwhile, Eagles defense isn't as horrible as it used to be anymore, and the offense is monstrous.

2) I don't expect Seattle to win it's first game against anyone they can possibly get (which I'll call NO).

Considering the thrashing they've laid on NO and their passing defense, as well as their HFA, I wouldn't bet against them. They've had amazing success on the road last year in the playoffs too; 1-1 and the second one was very close to a win.

3) Carolina vs. NE. I'll expect NE to win despite the fact I'd rather Carolina did.

NE is even more banged up than before the season. I can see NE going to the Super Bowl, I don't see them having the pieces to close out the game. If you play Ball Control against them (which Carolina is capable of) then they have no shot.

I can't predict the AFC for the life of me either. I wouldn't bet a single dollar on any of those six teams. Denver's got an offense but no defense, NE's got a balance of offense and defense but it's not particularly good at doing either right now, Cincy gets weird in away games, San Diego has the scheme and gameplanning but not the personnel, KC is inconsistent on offense and their defense got a lot worse as of late, and the Colts are struggling but getting a little better I guess.

The NFC playoffs are going to be the best football we'll have ever seen all season. My friend says defense is dead, but all of the teams with 11+ wins have had solid defense and offense, and the 12+ win teams rode their defense.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Bears came so close... had a few opportunities to put it away, you can't give Aaron Rodgers that many opportunities.

It's not like we would have beaten San Francisco so it's basically one less week of play.

an AWFUL Bears defense.

You're understating it.

Edited by bearclaw13

New Orleans is mediocre away. They're something like 8-0 at home and 3-5 away. Their away wins were a lucky win over the Buccs, the Falcons, and an AWFUL Bears defense. Meanwhile, Eagles defense isn't as horrible as it used to be anymore, and the offense is monstrous.

I think you're overestimating Philly on both sides of the ball. I don't think they can beat a NO team that has a decent defense, no matter how bad NO is on the road.

Considering the thrashing they've laid on NO and their passing defense, as well as their HFA, I wouldn't bet against them. They've had amazing success on the road last year in the playoffs too; 1-1 and the second one was very close to a win.

Seattle is a team that relies on defense, especially turnovers. If NO, or whoever they play, don't turn the ball over, I don't think they can come away with the victory.

NE is even more banged up than before the season. I can see NE going to the Super Bowl, I don't see them having the pieces to close out the game. If you play Ball Control against them (which Carolina is capable of) then they have no shot.

Yeah, don't think it matters. NE has all the luck in the world.

I think you're overestimating Philly on both sides of the ball. I don't think they can beat a NO team that has a decent defense, no matter how bad NO is on the road.

I think you're underestimating Philly's O. Their D does well enough.

Seattle is a team that relies on defense, especially turnovers. If NO, or whoever they play, don't turn the ball over, I don't think they can come away with the victory.

They also have a good QB, decent receivers that are excellent with YAC, and a good ability to burn the clock with Marshawn Lynch. Prototypical Super Bowl team. A pass heavy team like the Saints Eagles have no shot against that secondary. Earl Thomas is basically the modern incarnation of Ed Reed and that opens up a LOT of the stuff that makes Richard Sherman great, most notably his aggresive playstyle. Edited by Lord Raven

And for the first time in nfl history there is a three peat. Only not the good kind. Three years, three different teams, and three week 17 fourth quarter chokes by Dallas.

Yesterday's Chargers game,OT was so freaking crazy.That fake punt and field goal.Jeez.They stole the Steelers spot for 6th seat.Yay! (despite me saying I won't be posting here anymore xD)

Actually, the Steelers were fucking robbed and cheated out of it by them and the fucking refs! Read this article I just found.

The Chargers had an illegal number of guys on the field, which they should have been penalized for. The Chiefs would have then been able to attempt a 36 yard FG rather than 41, which Succop most likely would have made.

I HATE YOU GOD DAMN REFS! I HATE YOU CHARGERS TOO! And to think I actually kind of LIKED this team! YOU CHEATED THE STEELERS OUT OF THEIR PLAYOFF SPOT, YOU ASSHOLES!

Edited by Anacybele

But he would have gotten another attempt from closer to the goal if the flag was thrown. Which Succop would have likely connected. That's what I'm saying. Tomlin is unhappy with this too, and I'm sure other Steeler fans who know of this error are mad.

Edited by Anacybele