NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job by Nate Irving stopping that touchdown!

(For the record, I want the Seahawks to win because of "The Drive" and "The Fumble" along with Super Bowl XL, but on the other hand I like Nate Irving of the Broncos as a player because he plays Pokemon)

And now an interception gives Seattle the ball again!

Edit: For those that don't know

The Drive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drive

The Fumble: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fumble

Edited by ClevelandSteve

The Broncos look like a mess right now.

No kidding.

They're playing like utter shit. Peyton even panicked like a scaredy cat and threw that pick. What happened to the guys that pounded everyone to pieces? >_>

...This pick wasn't Peyton's fault this time (his arm got hit which caused his pass to be messed up), but god damn it. This can't really be a number-one ranked offense.

I hardly expected the game to be like this. I mean I know as well as anyone that the Seahawks are really good this season, but I didn't think Peyton's team would do THIS poorly against them.

But I think we know who our Super Bowl champs are now.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm actually glad that fumble was overturned just now.

Even though I want the Seahawks to win, I care more about this being an entertaining game. If Seattle got the ball, they would have been in a position to be 29-0 before the end of the half, which would kill all hope that there would be suspense in this game.

Broncos are choking. Seahawks has the most awesome defense I've seen in the NFL in recent years.

Manning's chokinggggggggg

PIPOQUEIRO LINDO

You mean that offensive pass interference that wasn't that I was told about on the radio or something else?

But wow, "offense wins games, defense wins championships" rarely rings truer than right now. What happens when #1 defense goes up against #1 offense? This.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

You mean that offensive pass interference that wasn't that I was told about on the radio or something else?

But wow, "offense wins games, defense wins championships" rarely rings truer than right now. What happens when #1 defense goes up against #1 offense? This.

Maybe this will get analysts and fans to focus more on defenses in the future rather than keep fixating on the quarterback.

Edited by -Cynthia-

It's rather that offense is more attractive and spectacular and therefore more rewarding rather than simply "win games" since defense can win those just as well. Defensive teams tend to be less flashy but likely more effective.

That's pretty common in most sports. I mean look at the New Jersey Devils who pretty much made the neutral zone trap a mainstay in the NHL but made hockey boring to watch and killed the offense heavy game of the 80's. Even in combat sports you have fighters like that, such as Andre Ward who, despite being a Champion and the number 2 pound for pound, didn't fight in 14 months because he's boring and television networks don't want to show him. He won the Super 6 a few years back!

Edited by Woodshooter

I've spotted some interference that went uncalled... This isn't even the worst Denver loss in the Super Bowl surprisingly. The oline failed Manning all game lol, that's how some interceptions and a turnover on downs happened (the straight line test showed the pass going there but Avril got in the way.)

At least Manning isn't Kerry Collins... Lol. The Denver defense is fucking terrible.

I think Denver's stats were inflated by the conference being actually terrible. Here's to another decade of the Super Bowl being the NFC coronation ceremony game... :(