It's rude not to know your classmates' names

Don't you find it rude when someone doesn't know your name after 1-2 months at school? Heck, I learned their names and even ages during the first days.

By the way, if your class room happens to be one one of those college seminars (?) with 15675675754 people, I understand.

Don't you find it rude when someone doesn't know your name after 1-2 months at school? Heck, I learned their names and even ages during the first days.

By the way, if your class room happens to be one one of those college seminars (?) with 15675675754 people, I understand.

This is mine...

I don't expect most people to know my name anyway, nor did I back in high school. I was the girl who did her work and curled up in her chair with a book.

I have 6 classes with a bunch of people in each. In French class, everyone has another name, because french. Plus, I'm not good with names. Or ages. Or anything else.

How do you expect me to remember everyone's name.

Nope. Since I can't either, then I don't hold it against them.

Same. I learn the names of people I talk to and work with, but I can't keep track of random other people.

That's stupid, how would you not remember them in that time span.

Clearly you haven't hanged around me long enough to know the extent of my forgetfulness...

I have 6 classes with a bunch of people in each. In French class, everyone has another name, because french. Plus, I'm not good with names. Or ages. Or anything else.

How do you expect me to remember everyone's name.

Oh...are all U.S schools like that? In that case, it's understandable.

Oh...are all U.S schools like that? In that case, it's understandable.

Yeah, my high school is the same way.

I'm fortunate if I get classes with my friends, though. But, the odds for that are rather likely.

It's not that big a deal if you don't know people's names. In high school, maybe, but in college, it doesn't matter. I mean, why even bother with learning your classmate's names if you're never going to see them again once the class is over? Think about that.

It's not that big a deal if you don't know people's names. In high school, maybe, but in college, it doesn't matter. I mean, why even bother with learning your classmate's names if you're never going to see them again once the class is over? Think about that.

This statement sums up my life actually.

I've known my classmates since they were babies so I've memorized their names pretty well. :u

Edited by Esme

Same. I learn the names of people I talk to and work with, but I can't keep track of random other people.

that, also, high school, 7 periods, majors every day, minors every other some classes are only 1 quarter some are a semester some are full year, 30 ish people per class, plus 2nd name for language classes, now way in hell

I learned them all and never used them for the most part, since it'd be so awk to do so.

One of my teachers in college actually spent the first minute or two of every class checking to see how many names people knew (like, a different student would say the names in a circle each day). It was probably so moe.

I'm sorry, I forgot that schools in the U.S had that "elections" system in which you get to choose your subject...

That would be "electives", and the amount of freedom totally varies based on the school. During my time at a Christian school, I was with the same group of twenty boys in every class. But in the high school I moved to for junior and senior year, there was a lot more freedom, especially in senior year core classes (minus math).

I'm honestly surprised that so many people don't think remembering names is important. It's an easy way to show that you're interested in a person, and remembering someone's name is the first way to form a connection or understanding with them, more so if you're in an environment with a lot of people. I'm at a huuuuge college, but whenever I see someone for the first time in months and they remember my name, it's a nice feeling, like a friendship has been retained. I can't always remember names, but a lot of the time it's just that effort in trying to that shows you're interested in a person.

Admittedly most of my acquaintances names I remember are the ones I see via Facebook, but I digress.

That depends on how many students you're referring to. For example, it was easy to know everyone's names in high school where there were only like 30 people, except for the guys I never shared the same class with. On the other hand, it's pretty much impossible in university, when you have A LOT of people, and every course has a different selection of students taking the course. Even if you've studied together for 1-2 months, it's too much to remember their names when you're taking multiple different courses.

If you changed the 1-2 months to 1-2 years, then yes, I would agree.