• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The approaches to the chapters would generally not be qualitatively different, but they would have to be approached slightly more cautiously since a team with average stats wouldn't be ORKOing enemies quite as reliably.

The impact on turns wouldn't be drastic in either H3 or H4, but it would be nonzero of course, and in the stages where the optimal clear remains possible with average/below-average stats, there would be fewer avenues to the optimal solution. Earlygame H4 would see slightly more of a change in turns than earlygame H3 imo since the latter can be played through with more of a team effort, whereas the Vantage+ mechanic in H4 may sometimes slow down the clear by preventing the player from finishing off weakened opponents with B-teamers like Luke, Ryan, et al. unless they're in bow-wielding classes.

True, I suppose lategame clears may see more changes.

Updated through C11. Probably won't be so detailed in the future since this is surprisingly time-consuming.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 (3/108)]I read the general idea behind the clear in CM's thread a while back, so credit to him. I should have reclassed Sirius to a Bishop to Rescue Marth for free EXP (Sirius wouldn't have leveled up). It wasn't reasonable with my stats to feed Sirius a General kill at a reliable rate, even after trading Starsphere shards around from the other side of the map, since 14 Def Generals (which he could kill after said Starsphere shenanigans if Heath had a shard and a Steel Axe) weren't very common, and since Heath needed to use turn 3 PP to get the Arms Scroll.

I bought a Speedwing for Palla at the beginning of the level. I also used the C7 Seraph Robe on Caeda. Finally, I forged a +1-Mt Javelin for Catria to guarantee a KO of the Leo Thief regardless of how much HP/Def it spawned with.

Turn 1: Catria took the Spd+2 shard and ORKOed the Leo Thief. Feena Danced for Catria, who proceeded to ORKO the Firestone Thief. Caeda moved in range of a Paladin. Heath flew straight up to engage three Generals during the enemy phase. Marth headed towards Bantu's village. Gordin bought a Silver Lance. Everyone else headed left and stayed out of enemy range. Of the three Paladins, one died to Caeda during the EP, and the other two took counters from Catria, who I think took a +Def shard or two to survive.

Turn 2: Caeda recruited Roger. Linde and Luke finished the Paladins weakened by Catria. Cain moved in range of the Mage about to spawn from the southern fort. Palla moved in range of a Hero. Feena Danced for Wendell, who used the save point. Heath healed with a Vulnerary and moved to a position allowing only two Generals to be adjacent to him at any given time. Catria moved northwest while remaining out of range of the Snipers. Marth recruited Bantu. Gordin headed up. Sirius got some chip EXP with a Javelin. During the enemy phase, Cain and Palla countered the Mage and Hero, respectively.

Turn 3: Feena Danced for Gordin, who recruited Jeorge, who used the save point. Caeda finished a General weakened by Heath. Heath took a Killer Lance from Caeda and ORKOed the Arms Scroll General. Palla and Cain chipped the Hero for Linde to finish, while Luke finished the Mage weakened by Cain. Roger plugged a square to allow Wendell to Rescue Marth to the proper square. Catria ORKOed a Sniper, obtaining a free Silver Bow. Marth Seized.

Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp              Class              Boosters
Marth    11.23 30 09  00  15  15  13  09  01  D Swd             Lord               Secret Book
Heath     6.71 42 21  07  25  22  10  22  04  A Lnc D Axe       Dracoknight        Seraph Robe
Luke     11.99 30 15  00  13  11  06  05  00  D Bow             Hunter
Mallesia 11.20 21 00  07  04  07  14  03  08  B Stf             Cleric
Catria   14.66 29 13  02  16  20  15  12  08  B Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Energy Drop
Linde    11.88 31 00  08  11  14  14  02  05  D Tme             Mage               Seraph Robe
Palla    15.68 29 12  02  16  20  10  11  06  A Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Speedwing
Sirius    3.56 26 14  01  15  14  05  14  03  A Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight
Caeda    12.98 32 10  00  12  20  20  12  01  C Lnc E Swd       Cavalier           Seraph Robe
Feena     2.36
Expenses: Bought a Speedwing for Palla; forged a +1-Mt Javelin; sold the C7 Firestone and Bullion; sold a bunch of Iron and Steel crap (13145 G remaining).

[spoiler=Chapter 9 (6/114)]Yet again, a Spd-blessed Avatar saves the day: five levels of DK, eight levels of Knight, three of Pirate, and three of Cavalier give a mean of 19.15 Spd (Honorable), but my Avatar had 22 Spd, just enough to double the Dracoknights (who all have 20 Spd) when given a Scorpio shard. He only attacked two DKs, though, so perhaps doing a six-turn clear in H4 with one Rescue use and average stats would not be terribly different.

The outline of the clear is a bit basic (Marth recruits Minerva, then Etzel). I probably would have figured it out myself eventually, but I first saw the idea in PKL's thread some time ago, so credit to him.

Palla fought once in the Drill Grounds and promoted at Lv. 16.

I deployed Marth, Heath (DK), Luke (Hunter), Mallesia (Cleric), Catria (PK), Linde (Mage), Palla (DK), Sirius (Sniper), Caeda (PK), Julian, Feena, and Jeorge (Sniper).

Turn 1: Palla chipped the Thief Staff guy with a Javelin. Jeorge (I can't believe I fielded Jeorge) moved north across the river. Mallesia used the Barrier Staff on Heath. Heath flew northeast in range of the rightmost Dracoknight. Julian moved twice towards the chests thanks to Feena. Marth moved towards Minerva's village. Sirius and Luke got in position to shoot down DKs towards the center-left of the map on the subsequent turn. During the enemy phase, the Dracoknights approached, and the rightmost Dracoknight got ORKOed by Heath's Steel Axe.

Turn 2: Julian got the Boots and sent them to Marth, who moved and used the Boots. Feena Danced for Marth, who KOed the Thief Staff guy. Jeorge used a Steel or Silver (probably the latter) Bow on the Draco in his vicinity, allowing Linde to finish with a Fire tome. Sirius (with a +Str shard) and Luke traded the Iron Bow forge to take out two Dracoknights. Heath flew north and OHKOed a Mage with the Steel Axe; I avoided using the Hand Axe since Heath was now in range of Etzel, and since a DK would die from the Steel Axe counter during the EP. Mallesia used Physic on Heath. Caeda prepared to weaken a Mage near the northwestern part of the map during the EP. Etzel attacked Heath, with two Mages following Etzel towards the village, while the other Mages headed towards my units near the center-left of the map.

Turn 3: Julian unlocked the chest with the shard. Marth used the savepoint. Jeorge headed left and finished the Mage previously chipped by Caeda. Sirius and Linde teamed up on the other Mage who came by. Mallesia headed left and used the Barrier Staff on Catria, who subsequently flew in range of both Swarm Bishops to ORKO a Mage. Palla chipped the Master Seal Thief with a Javelin. Heath headed towards the village while remaining in range of Etzel and used a Vulnerary. During the enemy phase, the Mages near Etzel changed course and headed towards the center-left of the map where my other units were.

Turn 4: Palla flew west, positioned to draw in the DK nearest the throne while staying out of range of both Swarm Bishops, and used a Vulnerary in anticipation of a turn-5 Swarm. Mallesia healed Caeda, who ORKOed a Mage with the Steel Lance, while Sirius and Linde (I think) teamed up on the other. Marth recruited Minerva, who teamed up with Heath (who in turn used a Vulnerary to prevent Etzel from KOing him) to cut off just enough squares to prevent Etzel from KOing Marth. Catria twiddled her thumbs on the fort.

Turn 5: Mallesia headed towards the throne and used Physic on Palla, who flew north to ORKO the Speedwing Bishop with a Javelin. Someone chipped the remaining DK for Linde to finish. Marth recruited Etzel, who teamed up with Minerva and Heath to finish the two Thieves who were approaching the village. Catria flew north and weakened the Mend Bishop. During the EP, the Mend Bishop attacked Palla with Swarm.

Turn 6: Catria ORKOed the boss with a Silver Lance and possibly a Starsphere shard or two, while Palla KOed the Mend Bishop. Mallesia used Rescue, and Marth Seized.

Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp              Class              Boosters
Marth    11.63 30 09  00  15  15  13  09  01  D Swd             Lord               Secret Book
Heath     7.46 42 21  07  26  23  11  22  05  A Lnc D Axe       Dracoknight        Seraph Robe
Luke     13.24 32 16  00  14  13  06  07  00  D Bow             Hunter
Mallesia 12.96 22 00  08  05  08  15  03  09  B Stf             Cleric
Catria   15.64 30 14  02  17  20  16  12  08  B Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Energy Drop
Linde    12.76 32 00  08  12  15  15  02  05  C Tme             Mage               Seraph Robe
Palla     2.22 35 17  01  18  21  10  16  03  A Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight        Speedwing
Sirius    4.00 31 13  01  19  17  06  12  03  C Bow             Sniper
Caeda    13.39 31 09  02  15  20  20  10  07  C Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Seraph Robe
Feena     2.36
Jeorge    5.24
Minerva   4.13
Etzel     6.14
Expenses: Palla fought once in the Drill Grounds; sold the C8 Firestone; sold more Iron and Steel crap. (14315 G remaining)

[spoiler=Chapter 10 (3/117)]I don't think a two-turn clear is doable at a reliable rate in H4 since the Shaver Mages will ambush any fliers who try to attack.

I deployed Marth, Heath (Berserker), Minerva (Sniper), Luke (Myrmidon), Catria (Cavalier), Palla (DK), Mallesia (Cleric), Linde (Mage), Feena, Caeda (Cavalier), and Wendell (DK).

Turn 1: I played the map pretty conservatively. Caeda and Linde headed left, with Caeda (Javelin) in range of a Mage. Catria and Luke headed right, with Catria (Javelin) in range of a Mage. Mallesia used Barrier on Heath. Palla KOed the left Bishop from 2-range, and Heath walked across the stream to KO the right Bishop from 2-range while occupying Wall Street the left Bishop's old square. Feena Danced for Mallesia, who used Physic on Heath. Wendell and Marth moved north slightly. Minerva moved to the spot two squares south of the right Bishop's initial position to bait and ORKO the RHS Shaver Mage by using the Scorpio shard with a basic bow, preventing Heath from getting KOed. I would have used Sirius over Minerva were it not for Sirius' lower Luck allowing him a larger chance of getting crit-blicked; not really planning on using Minerva long-term.

Turn 2: Catria, Luke, Caeda, and Mallesia all pulled back a bit. During the previous EP, Heath got a crit against the Sniper, forcing Palla and Marth (especially the latter) to lose out on EXP. Marth continued moving north.

Turn 3: With Feena's help, Mallesia used the Thief Staff to take both the Bullion (L) and the Unlock Staff. Wendell recruited Ellerean. Everyone else mopped up whatever enemies they could.

Didn't bother recording detailed stats since only two characters gained levels.

Heath     8.11 47 23  07  24  26  11  18  02  C Axe             Berserker     Seraph Robe
Mallesia 14.62 23 00  10  05  10  15  04  09  A Stf             Cleric

[spoiler=Chapter 10x (1/118)]Before the stage began, I forged the Dragonpike in preparation for the next stage.

Sirius (Paladin) and Linde teamed up on one of the bottom Roro clones, while Catria (Scorpio shard with a Javelin) and Marth (Devil Sword) finished the other bottom clone. Palla was Spd-blessed enough to ORKO one of the clones in the intermediate "layer" as a Paladin with the Lady Sword. Heath, who was reclassed to Horseman and who received a Dance from Feena, was able to KO the real Roro with the Iron Bow forge as a result of Palla ORKOing one of the clones blocking the hallway.

Marth    12.37 31 10  00  15  15  14  09  01  D Swd             Lord               Secret Book
Heath     8.58 47 23  07  24  26  11  18  02  C Axe             Berserker     Seraph Robe
Catria   15.98 30 14  02  17  20  16  12  08  B Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Energy Drop
Linde    13.42 32 00  08  13  16  16  02  05  C Tme             Mage               Seraph Robe
Palla     2.93 35 17  01  18  21  10  16  03  A Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight        Speedwing
Sirius    4.24 31 13  01  19  17  06  12  03  C Bow             Sniper
Feena     2.36
Expenses: Forged a +3-Mt, +5-Hit Dragonpike. (8915 G remaining)

[spoiler=Chapter 11 (5/123)]Credit to dondon for the strategy. I suppose PKL's playthrough also gets credit for confirming for me that my idea of handling the enemies in Jake's vicinity wasn't completely stupid.

One upside to training Linde is that she can get the Speedwing while the five fliers on the field do other things. Her main problem here is that, without a Rainbow Potion, there is a very real chance she will get doubled even if she is promoted and has the Scorpio shard: a 14/1 Sage Linde with 70% Spd growth and the Scorpio shard has a 15% chance of getting doubled (=BINOMDIST(5,10,0.7,1) in Excel) by the Flying Dragons. I didn't have this problem since Linde was above her average in this playthrough.

Luke fought two unconsecutive matches in the Drill Grounds as a Hunter and promoted to reach C-ranked bows as a Horseman. He subsequently took the Arms Scroll from C8 for an additional ~60 bow WEXP. I also gave him the Speedwing from C9 since he was a bit Spd-cursed.

Linde fought twice in the arena and gained a level. In one of my attempts, she didn't gain enough Spd to avoid getting doubled without the Scorpio, so I promoted her after the arena (the promotion would give her enough Spd); I later deleted that save to see if I could get a longer arena streak going with Nosferatu and an extra booster from the base shop, to no avail. In the attempt submitted here, she gained a point of Spd upon level-up, so I didn't bother promoting. I suppose by a stretch you could call this growth-rigging, but the intent wasn't quite the same.

Palla took an Energy Drop and a Dracoshield from the base shop; both were necessary to handle the enemies near Jake and secure a free booster since Linde was on the other side of the map doing other things, though if I hadn't fed her both those boosters, I would simply have missed out on one booster in the level.

Marth took the last Energy Drop available in the base shop to alleviate the need to use the Devil Sword (and risk self-destructing) so often.

Caeda fought once (I think) in the Drill Grounds and promoted at Lv. 14.

I forged a +10-Hit Hand Axe for Heath since I cannot stand missing. I didn't want to use Javelins since Heath really needs axe WEXP.

I deployed Marth, Linde (Mage), Heath (DK), Sirius (DK), Luke (Sniper), Mallesia (Cleric), Catria (PK), Palla (DK), Caeda (DK), Feena, and Etzel (Sorceror).

Turn 1: With the Scorpio shard (giving him enough Spd to double the Flying Dragons) and his accuracy-forged Hand Axe equipped, Heath flew in range of the two Bandits left of the starting point while staying out of range of the Hunter. Etzel moved twice thanks to Feena, landing in range of a single Flying Dragon and securing the Spirit Dust. Luke equipped the Steel Bow and walked north in range of a Flying Dragon. Marth followed Luke but stayed out of enemy range. Caeda baited the rightmost Bandit to prevent Heath from dying. The other fliers headed northwest while staying out of enemy range. During the EP, two Flying Dragons and two Bandits attacked Heath, with the Bandits dying and the Dragons surviving, while Luke chipped (or OHKOed, I don't remember) the Dragon that attacked him and Etzel OHKOed the Dragon that attacked him.

Turn 2: Sirius and Linde finished the Flying Dragons weakened by Heath. Palla equipped the +1-Mt Javelin forge I made previously and flew in range of the Flying Dragon nearest Jake. Caeda followed Palla but stayed out of enemy range. I don't remember if Marth finished the Flying Dragon previously attacked by Luke or if Luke got a crit. Etzel headed left towards the throne, while Heath moved north in range of two Dragons and healed with a Vulnerary, securing the Seraph Robe. Mallesia healed Linde and someone else thanks to Feena. Sirius moved as far left as he could without being in enemy range. During the EP, two Dragons were attacked by Heath, while one was chipped by Palla; one other Dragon approached Luke without attacking.

Turn 3: Either Luke or Marth KOed the Flying Dragon; all I remember is one of the two Dragons attacked by Luke in turns 1 and 3 died to a Silver Bow from Luke, and the other died to a Steel Bow + Steel or Devil Sword combo from Luke and Marth. Palla used a Silver Lance to finish the Dragon that attacked her. Caeda moved closer to Jake but stayed out of range of enemies. Catria took out one of the Dragons attacked by Heath; the other died to Heath either this turn from a Hand Axe or on the previous EP (crit), probably the former. Sirius kept moving northwest. Equipped with Nosferatu, Linde used a Vulnerary this turn and ran straight down between the Hunter and Bandit, and would remain out of range of both the rest of the way while being in range of the Flying Dragon. Mallesia used Physic twice on Palla.

Turn 4: Linde charged toward the Speedwing and equipped the Aura tome to finish during this EP the Dragon that previously attacked her. Mallesia used Physic on Linde. Etzel kept moving towards the throne, while Sirius got the Goddess Icon and Catria got the Secret Book. Palla ORKOed the Hunter near Jake using an Iron Axe, allowing Caeda to safely recruit Jake and trade him a +Str shard, the Iron Bow forge, and the Member Card. Jake moved left one square to bait the rightmost Dragon during the EP. Marth and Luke didn't really do much this turn. Heath moved slightly closer to the boss.

Turn 5: Depending on how much HP/Def was on the Bandit blocking the path to the boss, Catria may have needed to use during the previous player phase the Energy Drop obtained from the Dragon she KOed; it wasn't necessary on this attempt, though, so she cleanly ORKOed the Bandit with a Silver Lance. Etzel moved north, Rescued Feena, and moved again to Rescue Marth. Heath OHKOed the boss with the Dragonpike forge. Sirius got the Elysian Whip, while Palla got the Energy Drop and Caeda got the Dracoshield. Jake went to the Secret Shop. Linde picked up the Speedwing. Marth Seized.

Marth    13.37 32 13  00  15  15  15  09  01  C Swd             Lord               Secret Book; Energy Drop
Heath     9.87 43 22  09  26  23  12  22  05  A Lnc D Axe       Dracoknight        Seraph Robe
Luke      1.58 39 17  01  19  18  07  12  03  B Bow             Sniper             Speedwing; Arms Scroll
Mallesia 16.62 24 00  11  05  12  16  05  09  A Stf             Cleric
Catria   16.68 31 15  02  18  20  16  12  08  B Lnc             Pegasus Knight     Energy Drop
Linde    15.34 32 00  10  15  18  17  02  05  C Tme             Mage               Seraph Robe
Palla     3.73 35 20  01  19  22  10  18  03  A Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight        Speedwing; Energy Drop; Dracoshield
Sirius    4.64 27 14  01  16  15  06  15  03  A Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight
Caeda     1.17 36 14  01  15  21  20  15  04  C Lnc E Axe       Dracoknight        Seraph Robe
Feena     4.74
Etzel     6.95
Expenses: Caeda fought once? in the Drill Grounds; Luke fought twice in the Drill Grounds; Linde fought twice in the Drill Grounds; bought two Energy Drops and a Dracoshield; forged a +10-Hit Hand Axe; sold more Iron and Steel crap; sold some low-ranking tomes; sold the C10 Bullion (L); bought two Wyrmslayers, three Dragonpikes, and a Wing Spear. (3316 G remaining) Edited by Redwall

OH. That's how Chapter 11 is done.

Even though you say it's less detailed, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on. Thanks! Have fun with ONE OF MY FAVORITEST CHAPTERS YET (Chapter 12. . .and that's me whining about it on Hard Mode. . .).

MU provides the biggest "individual contribution" as he's the easiest unit to get very high DEF as a draco/paladin. If you don't have a super tanky unit like that your turn counts are going to be much higher. Try taking fighter MU through Lunatic Reverse with paper thin DEF to see what I mean.

You're not trying to get all items/recruits, right? That does make a run more difficult and raises turn counts.

OH. That's how Chapter 11 is done.

Even though you say it's less detailed, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on. Thanks! Have fun with ONE OF MY FAVORITEST CHAPTERS YET (Chapter 12. . .and that's me whining about it on Hard Mode. . .).

yay, we can fail at this game together!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated through 16x.

[spoiler=Chapter 12 (5/128)] Catria fought once in the Drill Grounds as a Cavalier (failing to gain Spd, sadly), and then promoted with the Elysian Whip at Lv. 17; Caeda used both Energy Drops from the previous chapter; Heath used the Dracoshield from the previous chapter; Sirius used the Seraph Robe from the previous chapter; Linde promoted at Lv. 15.

In addition to my typical combat units, I fielded Yumina as a Cleric (for Physic), Mallesia as a Cleric, and Linde as a Sage (for Rescue).

I poked and poked at this stage until realizing that the only way to clear in five turns required a Rescue use on Feena by a six-move unit. I subsequently recalled first seeing this idea in KoT's thread, so credit to him.

Turn 1: Heath used a Pure Water and received a Dance from Feena to attack the Tomahawk Bandit from two squares to his left; it was important to avoid putting anyone on the terra firma above and including the forts to avoid triggering reinforcements, so Heath was on an air tile. The two Fire Dragons died during the player phase. During the enemy phase, two Flying Dragons and two Fire Dragons attacked Heath, while the Bandit died to Luke's Steel Bow.

Turn 2: Heath moved to the northern save point and used a Vulnerary. Mallesia and Yumina both healed him with Physic; thanks to all this and the Pure Water, Heath was able to successfully tank a good number of attacks and counter with a Hand Axe. Catria moved north while staying out of range of most of the northern enemies. Everyone else finished off the Dragons (bow forge worked against the Flying Dragon).

Turn 3: Everyone continued moving north and cleaned up the enemies, save for Palla and Sirius, who healed and headed towards the boss. Marth recruited Darros. Mallesia used the Hammerne on the Rescue staff either on this turn or the next.

Turn 4: Blocked the forts. Heath was positioned above the rightmost fort, ten squares from the Fire Dragon holding the Starsphere shard. Marth was situated between the center and center-left forts.

Turn 5: Caeda weakened a Fire Dragon for Marth to kill. Linde moved to the square previously occupied by Marth and Rescued Feena to her left thanks to a unit blocking the square to Linde's right. Feena Danced for Marth. Palla and Sirius teamed up on the boss, with Sirius taking the kill. Heath got the twelfth and final Starsphere shard. Before Marth Seized, everyone else got what EXP they could.

[spoiler=Chapter 13 (6/134)]While playing through H3, I suspected a sufficiently strong team could split up and clear the level without much fuss. Credit to dondon, whose topic confirmed to me upon briefly skimming it that this was possible.

I split up the team, with Marth joining the units on the LHS to recruit Beck and Etzel heading right to Rescue Marth. I don't think this is necessary for a six-turn clear with one Rescue use, but you do pick up a free Dragonpike this way, so there's that.

During an attempt that probably should have been successful, I wound up missing a Steel Bow shot with Luke that gave me the excuse to retry from a save point and get slightly less terrible level-ups (both Catria and Swordmaster Linde failed to gain Spd that time), when I could have instead guaranteed the finish with the Iron Bow forge. On the subsequent attempt, the one submitted here, Linde failed to gain Spd IIRC, though Catria didn't.

In the Secret Shop, I purchased three Physic staves and a Shaver, the last one mostly for giggles.

[spoiler=Chapter 13x (2/136)]Credit to CM, whose thread confirmed to me that a two-turn clear with the Iote's Shield could occur with Feena deployed; when I did H3, I got lazy and used the Thief Staff lol.

Turn 1: Linde (Swordmaster) took out the nearby Ballista with a Levin Sword and revealed a Fighter, whom Heath (Berserker) weakened and Marth finished with a Levin Sword. Feena Danced for Marth, who headed right then up to reveal a Bandit. Palla (Dracoknight) took out the Bandit and revealed the remaining LHS enemies. Sirius (Dracoknight) and Caeda (Paladin, though Swordmaster would have been preferable to increase the odds of gaining Spd) finished the Ballistae. During the EP, the lone Bandit attacked Caeda, while Marth survived an attack from a Myrmidon because of the Scorpio shard. Kleine and a bunch of the RHS enemies took counters from Heath.

Turn 2: Marth got the Iote's Shield. I think on this attempt, Heath got a crit against Kleine, though it wasn't necessary since Linde could double and deplete the remainder of her health if a crit didn't occur. Feena Danced for Linde, who finished the lower-right Ballista thanks to Heath revealing it. The fliers cleaned up the other enemies during the PP.

[spoiler=Chapter 14 (6/142)]I didn't think my team was strong enough to finish in five turns, so I opted to field Julian as dondon chose to, allowing me to get the Sword Killer.

Turn 1: With a +Str shard and a Str Bond (from the support between Heath and Marth), Palla OHKOed the Fortify Thief and sent the Fortify to the convoy. Xane moved in range of the two Dark Mages in the right corridor, took a Javelin and a Dragonpike, and transformed into Heath. The six enemies near the starting position all died during the PP. Linde was positioned to draw in the two Dark Mages in the left corridor. During the EP, Caeda ORKOed a Thief thanks to the Scorpio shard and her +Spd level-up, and Heath weakened another Thief; Xane ORKOed two Dark Mages with a Javelin.

Turn 2: Cleaned up every Thief during the PP thanks to Catria and Caeda being able to double them when given the Scorpio shard. Linde was able to OHKO with Aura and a Mag+2 shard. All the Dark Mages near the center were gone by the end of the EP. I drew in the RHS Ice Dragons during this turn. Palla headed back towards the center and healed.

Turn 3: Finished the RHS Ice Dragons. Palla healed again, though this was probably a mistake, as I will elaborate on. Marth got the Starsphere and Lightsphere.

Turn 4: Julian got the Sword Killer. Palla and someone else (Caeda?) each took out an Ice Dragon towards the left, and Luke subsequently moved a Javelin to the top of Palla's inventory. Heath and Xane blocked the right corridor. Marth moved twice towards Tiki thanks to Feena.

During the EP, a Dark Mage attacked Palla, which I didn't expect since she tied in Resistance several others with lower HP who were also in his range; it would have been preferable to use a Pure Water during a previous turn along with a Fortify, as this would have guaranteed survival of the Ice Dragon and Dark Mage attacks she sustained this turn, probably resulting in the DM attacking someone else. The DM wound up missing, so she survived in spite of my negligence.

Turn 5: Linde got the Again using the Thief Staff. Everyone cleaned up the LHS and RHS enemies.

Turn 6: Mallesia Rescued Marth. Finished all the enemies and Seized. Not sure if I would have finished all the enemies had I done the Pure Water thing or if Palla hadn't gotten a Javelin crit against the Ice Dragon that attacked her during turn 4 EP.

I used three Fortify charges during this chapter, though it probably should have been four to protect Palla. I'll probably just fire an extra one off at some point to account for this.

[spoiler=Chapter 15 (5/147)]Credit to -Cynthia-, whose post in PKL's thread recommended a near-rout of the boss area during turn 1.

Turn 1: Linde needed a Spd Bond (from the support convo between Catria and Heath) plus the Starsphere to double and successfully Nosferatank the RHS enemies. I fielded a bunch of fliers (including Xane, who received a Dance from Feena) as well as Luke as a Berserker to take out during the first turn everyone in the boss area save for the boss, the General, and Abel.

Turn 2: Finished up the Paladins weakened by Linde (all the Horsemen died) and cleared out the next batch of enemies blocking the door to allow Marth to open it once Restored by Mallesia and Rescued by Linde. I had a Fortify-free plan to take out every Paladin while safely opening the door in the event one of the Paladins didn't get damaged at all (something that would happen if Linde didn't score any crits during the EP), but it wasn't necessary here.

Turn 3: Linde gave the Starsphere to Caeda and Healed her. Caeda opened the next door and Marth took the Starsphere from her to prevent getting doubled. Sirius (Swordmaster) headed left. Everyone else prepared for the boss.

Turn 4: Cleaned up the boss area and recruited Abel. The forts near the castle were blocked. Caeda KOed the Bishop, allowing Marth to move. During the EP, Marth took a hit from a reinforcement Paladin.

Turn 5: Sirius and friends got what EXP they could from the LHS enemies. Caeda finished the Paladin who attacked Marth. Marth moved twice thanks to Again and Seized.

[spoiler=Chapter 16 (2/149)]Credit to PKL for the strategy.

Turn 1: Heath (Swordmaster) headed left to engage two Heroes and a Sniper during the EP. Jeorge followed Heath but stayed out of enemy range. Catria (Falcoknight) received a Dance from Feena and attacked the Geosphere Thief with a Javelin. Mallesia used Hammerne on the Rescue staff, held by Linde. Linde and all the combat units moved right, with Xane transforming into Caeda and receiving a Heal from Linde. Marth used the save point.

Turn 2: Macellan (or Dolph, I don't know these guys' names) took a Door Key from one of my other units and opened the door. Luke (Swordmaster) ORKOed the Soldier blocking the entrance. Xane used the Wing Spear to ORKO the General. Linde Rescued Marth. Palla (Swordmaster) used the Wo Dao with the Starsphere to ORKO the Sniper at high odds. Caeda (Paladin) had the Lightsphere and took the Starsphere from Palla to ORKO the boss with a Javelin forge I had made long ago.

Towards the left, Heath finished off a Hero with the Levin Sword. Jeorge recruited Astram, who finished off the other Hero weakened by Heath to get a free Silver Sword. Catria got the Geosphere. With Feena's assistance, Mallesia used the last two Thief Staff charges to get the Bullion (L) and the Rescue. Marth Seized.

[spoiler=Chapter 16x (2/151)]The Starsphere was passed around to take out all four Berserkers during the first player phase. Catria (Falcoknight) at the Spd cap ORKOed the Pure Water Berserker and sent the Starsphere to the convoy; Marth then moved left to allow Luke (Swordmaster) to take the Starsphere out of the convoy and ORKO another Berserker. Heath (Horseman) took the Starsphere and used the Iron Bow forge to ORKO a third Berserker. Palla (Swordmaster) ORKOed the Swordmaster using the Starsphere and the Lady Sword. Feena Danced for Heath, who took the Starsphere, spoke to Katarina, and ORKOed the last Berserker. Mallesia used Physic to heal Heath. By doing all of this, I managed to avoid using any Fortify charges in this chapter.

During the second turn, Heath spoke to Katarina twice, and everyone else cleaned up the enemies.

Marth    17.54 34 17  00  17  16  19  11  01  C Swd             Lord               Secret Book; Energy Drop
Heath    16.03 48 21  10  28  25  17  22  05  E Swd D Bow       Horseman           Seraph Robe; Dracoshield
Luke      7.81 43 20  01  23  25  10  14  03  B Swd             Swordmaster        Speedwing; Arms Scroll
Mallesia  4.91 34 03  21  08  17  20  08  08  A Stf D Tme       Sage  
Catria    9.78 42 21  03  24  26  22  16  11  A Lnc E Swd       Falcoknight        Energy Drop
Linde     7.41 41 03  14  19  21  22  05  08  B Tme D Stf       Sage               Seraph Robe; Spirit Dust
Palla    11.09 42 21  01  29  30  10  16  03  C Swd             Swordmaster        Speedwing; Energy Drop; Dracoshield
Sirius    8.34 39 14  01  25  24  10  12  03  A Swd             Swordmaster        Seraph Robe; Goddess Icon
Caeda     9.52 46 21  01  21  25  25  17  07  B Lnc E Swd       Paladin            Seraph Robe; Energy Drop x2
Feena     9.29
Etzel     7.84 31 02  12  15  13  09  10  13  B Tme D Stf       Sorceror
Expenses: None for this chapter (29355 G remaining).