Awareness (Nihil) in this game

CT075

In FE10 and FE4 I never really thought that Awareness was that great of a skill but in this game (particularly fucking L+) I would kill for this skill

anyone else agree?

I would have appreciated some bosses having it too, so you couldn't cheese them with skills. It'd probably come too late in Lunatic+ to make a difference if it were on a promoted class though.

Edited by General Horace

I think it'd really changed how people played the game. Streetpass teams would really have to watch out for it, and any enemies with it are now harder to beat down due to lack of skills like Luna.

So what would it negate exactly? I agree with Doga, it's likely negate stuff like Sol, Luna, Miracle... also Luna+, Pavise+ etc. Really anything with a mid-battle cutin showing it activating (which does, I believe, include Counter).

It'd probably be too powerful. Perhaps if it, and a few other cool skills, appeared as items during the main game and were otherwise hard to obtain (maybe rare items in the secret shop), so you could only easily get 1-2, it'd be balanced.

Parity would be fine, I think, as long as you also leave behind the massive support and Pair-up bonuses in addition to your own skills. That'd really make you think twice about using it, and would also limit it to Player Phase.

Nihil in FE10 was pretty nice on boss chapters. Sure made Ashera/BK much less scary.

Wasn't it good against some bosses in FE4 also or something?

It wasn't necessary in FE10.

FE4 it was practically required for Julius because he had Wrath, which made every one of his attacks crit and the way FE4 crits worked was (x2 ATK) not (x3 DMG). And He had 55 ATK, which means he had 110 ATK, which requires 31+ RES to live thru his attack in Wrath Range. It hilariously doesn't work on Great Shield (Which is why I find it ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS when people say "Enemies with Dual Guard would be broken!" (Oh wow, Enemies have a 30% chance to negate all damage? Arvis did that back in FE4!! So did the Gelben Ritter!)

Only way I'd want Nihil in this game:

Either it is an activation itself with the same or worse % as Lethality (so it's lol reliable), or...

Something Like this:

Nihil: Prevents the Activation of the following Skills: Sol, Luna, Ignis, Aether, Lethality, Nihil. Negates User's Dual Strike Chance (so if you're using a unit with Nihil, they/their partner can't Dual Strike), Negated by Rightful King and Dragonskin.

(Note, does not activate on Shields (Like in FE4) or vs. Luna+, or a passive like Counter, Hawkeye, etc. OR if the enemy has Rightful King/God or Dragonskin.) (And Nihil vs. Nihil removes both Nihils, so it's -1 Skill Slots all around)

In exchange for its existence, random enemies on Lunatic+ get Lethality mixed in (and the Random Enemy!Assassin skill is no longer Pass, it's Lethality).

And you get it from L15 of a DLC Class-- gotten from a map that's harder than Secret Apotheosis (Weakest enemy being something like the Brave Bow Sniper Boss.) so by time you can get it's worthless.

Might be good on streetpass teams. Maybe.

EDIT: Just woke up and was thinking Brave Bow Sniper and put Double... bah.

Edited by Airship Canon

It hilariously doesn't work on Great Shield (Which is why I find it ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS when people say "Enemies with Dual Guard would be broken!" (Oh wow, Enemies have a 30% chance to negate all damage? Arvis did that back in FE4!! So did the Gelben Ritter!)

People don't (usually) say it'd be broken, just extremely frustrating, especially if every enemy had it. Great Shield was incredibly frustrating in FE4, after all, and your team was WAY better in that game compared to the enemy than they'd normally be in this game (well, on high difficulties at least).

the way i envisioned it, you'd only get one or two in the entire game (maybe have it as a skill for villager or something, so that donnel has some legitimate return) and it blocked all the ones you mentioned (pavaegis/+, luna/+, etc) and then maybe breakers and skills like solidarity as well (it'd be hilarious if it blocked armsthrift too although that's worthless)

with a 19% chance to activate Ire?

And only at melee range. (At least, I never saw Ire activate at 2 range.)

Edited by Levant Fortner

with a 19% chance to activate Ire?

That's 19% more than I'm comfortable with. It's hard to plan around someone (probably one of your best units) getting OHKO'ed out of nowhere.

Also everyone's going to attack Dheghinsea at Melee because (last I checked) that's where the cover tiles are.

Edited by bearclaw13

And only at melee range. (At least, I never saw Ire activate at 2 range.)

it does activate at 2 range

That's 19% more than I'm comfortable with. It's hard to plan around someone (probably one of your best units) getting OHKO'ed out of nowhere.

Also everyone's going to attack Dheghinsea at Melee because (last I checked) that's where the cover tiles are.

Caineghis/Giffca can take a hit :B):

That's why I generally like seeing crit rates of 0% - a critical hit can take an otherwise survivable attack and make it a fatal one. And it doesn't necessarily have to be from the guy who got the critical either.

There are only two Cover squares at melee range, as opposed to 3 at 2 range.

It does?! Then it just might've been me getting lucky.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I thought so... wtv.

So can Mordecai (if trained). The problem is that killing him with just those 2 (Mordy in endgame is unlikely thanks to his speed) is going to take a while. (I think... can't find his stats for some reason)

Also doesn't one of them need to take a hit from Nasir/Gareth as well? I can't remember the map's layout...

Edit: Dheghinsea has 75 attack and 50 defense. That's 26 damage against Caineghis (he's not leveling up) on a cover tile. So everyone is needing Kurth to take an Ire.

Edited by bearclaw13

I thought so... wtv.

So can Mordecai (if trained). The problem is that killing him with just those 2 (Mordy in endgame is unlikely thanks to his speed) is going to take a while. (I think... can't find his stats for some reason)

Also doesn't one of them need to take a hit from Nasir/Gareth as well? I can't remember the map's layout...

Edit: Dheghinsea has 75 attack and 50 defense. That's 26 damage against Caineghis (he's not leveling up) on a cover tile. So everyone is needing Kurth to take an Ire.

BEXP

it exists

(maxed Caineghis/Giffca deal 20x2 damage apiece, add a heron in and you're good)

Edited by shadykid