Intelligent Systems says a Wii U Fire Emblem would need to sell 700,000 to be worthwhile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Fire Emblem game on the Wii U would be the biggest game yet. We've got HD graphics, large processing power.. It'd be hard to pull off. But if the game comes out right, after what happened to Awakening, It would be a pretty big hit.

^it probably is close (but not there yet)

on the other hand, this is the Wii U, where everything not named New Super Mario Bros U* doesn't sell

*and Nintendoland if you count bundles

Edited by shadykid

700K huh... quite a tall order... well, worst case scenario that it doesn't, I hope FE remains producing games for handhelds instead of getting to kick the bucket.

With Awakening opening the gates. I would say go for it. A nice Wii U title would be cool, despite the fact that I don't own a Wii U yet. But I am planning on getting one when I can.

With Awakening opening the gates. I would say go for it. A nice Wii U title would be cool, despite the fact that I don't own a Wii U yet. But I am planning on getting one when I can.

only when X/Mario Kart 8 comes out

which game are you talking about, Dead Space 3?

(because I remember Pachter being a dumbass about fuse)

No, Square Enix. Their Tomb Raider game sold 3.4 mill in like 3 weeks and they were saying it was a failure LOL.

Edited by PKL

That's not going to happen. FEA hasn't sold a million copies so there's no fucking way FE on the Wii U would sell 700k copies. I'd be very surprised if it sold 250K seeing as FE is a niche game and most fans would have to buy a Wii U just to play it.

According to famitsu and media create, FE:A sold 550k in Japan alone. According to NoA, Awakening sales were at 250k in America by May, So FE:A already sold 800k, even if we exclude Europe. It's probably over 1 million by now. But really, it's impossible for a wii U fire emblem to sell 700k worldwide, because the U is a big flop. IIRC it only sold less than 4 million units, so for a fire emblem to sell 700k on it it would have to have an impressive 1:5 attach rate, which is basically impossible for a fire emblem game.

Edited by Nobody

According to famitsu and media create, FE:A sold 550k in Japan alone. According to NoA, Awakening sales were at 250k in America by May, So FE:A already sold 800k, even if we exclude Europe. It's probably over 1 million by now. But really, it's impossible for a wii U fire emblem to sell 700k worldwide, because the U is a big flop. IIRC it only sold less than 4 million units, so for a fire emblem to sell 700k on it it would have to have an impressive 1:5 attach rate, which is basically impossible for a fire emblem game.

It's pretty much unplausible given past console Fire Emblem sales but the current console numbers are pretty much irrelevant, there's literally 3(Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U[+New Super Luigi U.] and Game and Wario) Nintendo games on the console currently, by the time a Fire Emblem game would be out there'd be a lot more reasons/games for people to buy the console.

But what you're suggesting is sort of like using pre-Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 3DS numbers to suggest that Awakening couldn't ever sell anywhere near as much as Shadow Dragon.

Edited by arvilino

Imo it is possible, specially because at the time it comes out, the Wii U would have much better and attractive games like SMTxFE, SSB4, MK8. You guys talk like if it's coming out right now, of course it won't reach the 700K copies because the Wii U right now has nothing Zomgawesome to offer. But perhaps it can be doable by 2014.

have faith or there's going to be an SF massacre

It might be tricky. 700K isn't that bad if that's a global figure. On the other hand, hitting that mark will depend a lot on how many people already own a Wii U, how many people plan to buy it, and how many of the latter want a Fire Emblem game. Hard to say one way or another, really. I don't know anyone who'd buy a Wii U for the game and honestly don't know anyone looking to buy a Wii U in the near future, period. If a lot of people already have the console, 700K might be do-able.

I hope FE remains producing games for handhelds instead of getting to kick the bucket.

Yeah.

But they also should produce low copies first to see if it sells well before they bother to manufacture more.

Edited by 綾波