Which Lucina is better?

Who is the better partner for Chrom?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better partner for Chrom?

• Olivia
    • Sumia
  2. 2. Who is the better parent for Lucina?

• Olivia
    • Sumia

It was a joke question :L

Do you actually have units powerful enough to just throw around in late game Lunatic+?

In Lunatic+, not really, unless you are grinding. Every enemy has the capacity to break down a unit's defenses eventually because of the free skills (not only the Lunatic+ skills, but the regular Lunatic bonus accuracy skills as well), and nobody's stat caps are high enough to completely ignore it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Olivia gives the better Lucina mods for post-game.

But Sumia can potentially give Lucina Galeforce in the main-story in no-grind.

Impossible. Only Avatar can get it by then in no-grind. And only if you do paralogues.

In Lunatic+, not really, unless you are grinding. Every enemy has the capacity to break down a unit's defenses eventually because of the free skills (not only the Lunatic+ skills, but the regular Lunatic bonus accuracy skills as well), and nobody's stat caps are high enough to completely ignore it.

I've played a fair amount of Lunatic but i'm only just delving into Lunatic+

Watching Frederick get hit by Luna in the 1st chapter was disturbing xD

Impossible. Only Avatar can get it by then in no-grind. And only if you do paralogues.

If you promote at Lv 10 to Dark Flier it might be possible but id rather just grind than compromise my unit like that.

Edited by N7 Dynames

He'd probably give it to Severa instead

do tell how Sumia could pass Galeforce to Severa

and I think Sumia could pick it up if you went a little slower than absolute minimum turncount

Edited by shadykid

no I was talking about Sumia getting Galeforce and passing it to Cynthia

because Cordelia isn't likely to get there, sadly

Well, skills like Galeforce tend to not have any part in my inheritance schemes, so meh

Olivia!Lucina is meh. The big positive of that pairing is Chrom!Inigo.

Sumia makes a better Lucina.

And Chrom!Inigo doesn't even get anything notable that makes up for having an irritating paralogue, AND still has to contend with being dependent on his father for his bases, because Olivia's bases are... well, you get the picture.

Edited by Levant Fortner

And Chrom!Inigo doesn't even get anything notable that makes up for having an irritating paralogue, AND still has to contend with being dependent on his father for his bases, because Olivia's bases are... well, you get the picture.

Inigo is probably never going to exist in a no grind playthrough without Olivia marrying Chrom, since there's no way for her to realistically build up support.

If we're talking min-max Inigo wants Chrom's speed and Luna.

Luna + rightful king is pretty notable, but yeah, Inigo most likely be useless in the main game. Still, it's impossible to deny that Chrom is his best father, which is something to take note if you're planing on min-maxing.

Edited by Nobody

Inigo is probably never going to exist in a no grind playthrough without Olivia marrying Chrom, since there's no way for her to realistically build up support.

If we're talking min-max Inigo wants Chrom's speed and Luna.

Well, that's true. The thing is, I'd rather have a good Inigo that DOESN'T require compromising Lucina's bases. And I suppose even if you got Chrom to marry Olivia, Inigo having an irritating paralogue means that in a no-grind, he'd likely go unrecruited until the tail end of the game.

Luna + rightful king is pretty notable, but yeah, Inigo most likely be useless in the main game. Still, it's impossible to deny that Chrom is his best father, which is something to take note if you're planing on min-maxing.

I don't really see Rightful King to have that big an impact, tbh.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Lets return to reality and remember that Magic > STR

Lets also return to reality and remember that speed and skill is about the only stats that is not rendered a joke in this game, by the end

Anyway, Olivia would be cool if you spam dance her. Otherwise, her competition is a unit who is in my opinion the second best in the game

so.....

As much as I'm a shipper for Olivia as a mother, Sumia also gives the cleric class, which with enough grinding, can give her Miracle and when paired with Rightful King, she has a larger chance of not dying

Why have a pretty good, but not 100% chance to live when I can avoid the chance of dying altogether?

Miracle is one of those skills I just slap on if there's room. Generally, I find it unreliable, even if it's a high percent because the risk of dying is too great compared to the risk of not ORKOing.

I've used Chrom!Inigo before. He wasn't that fun to use, but he was alright.

Why have a pretty good, but not 100% chance to live when I can avoid the chance of dying altogether?

Miracle is one of those skills I just slap on if there's room. Generally, I find it unreliable, even if it's a high percent because the risk of dying is too great compared to the risk of not ORKOing.

Personally, Vantage is something I'd rather not rely on unless it worked like it did in FE9.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Postgame: Olivia stomps as Lucina's mother. Vantage >> ANYTHING Sumia has to offer.

Ingame: Gonna start by stating I am just going to -assume- Lunatic(+) so skirmishes are out, and no Outrealms (DLC content).

Now, are Turncounts a thing? If so Sumia for purely in game. If not... Ch. 11: Turns 999, and Olivia In Game is L30/30/1. She'll have waaaaaay more stats than Sumia, meaning she's easily the better mother. She's also better a partner for Chrom with that.

Edited by Airship Canon

Postgame: Olivia stomps as Lucina's mother. Vantage >> ANYTHING Sumia has to offer.

Ingame: Gonna start by stating I am just going to -assume- Lunatic(+) so skirmishes are out, and no Outrealms (DLC content).

Now, are Turncounts a thing? If so Sumia for purely in game. If not... Ch. 11: Turns 999, and Olivia In Game is L30/30/1. She'll have waaaaaay more stats than Sumia, meaning she's easily the better mother. She's also better a partner for Chrom with that.

I'd say, if anything, you only proved why Sumia's better for Lucina ingame. Also, Olivia doesn't give Chrom any pair up bonuses that he'd want.

Edited by Levant Fortner