Toonami Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

so okay wow neko actually claimed? I didn't want to come across as demanding a claim but welp.

Don't like this at all. From the nature of post 281 to this is strikes me as a big contrast and looks super bad.

I am also not a fan of NekoRex's claim. It was pretty unprovoked and his logic for his N1 action doesn't make a lot of sense considering there were two insomniac claims- I don't know why he would assume that insomniac is all there is to my role when there's 2 insomniacs, which I won't confirm or deny, unless of course he missed it again. Come on, read the thread.

scorri I wasn't talking about Bard's vote I was talking about Xinny.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Essbee on 19 July 2013 - 05:35 PM in Mafia

Ha! I know that's a lie! I'm the mafia tailor and I self-targetted to paint me as town doctor last night!

...Oh. Wait.

Posted by scorri on 19 July 2013 - 05:49 PM in Mafia

Also Bard, it's likely that Xinnidy was doing a reaction test that failed epically due to her not reading the thread and seeing that you claimed cop already.

SB had already reacted to Xin's vote by the time I said that it was a reaction test. Didn't really affect anything from there really.

Bah.

Posted by Essbee on 19 July 2013 - 05:35 PM in Mafia

Ha! I know that's a lie! I'm the mafia tailor and I self-targetted to paint me as town doctor last night!

...Oh. Wait.

Posted by scorri on 19 July 2013 - 05:49 PM in Mafia

Also Bard, it's likely that Xinnidy was doing a reaction test that failed epically due to her not reading the thread and seeing that you claimed cop already.

SB had already reacted to Xin's vote by the time I said that it was a reaction test. Didn't really affect anything from there really.

And this is why jokevote phase is bad and why I move to end it as soon as I can whenever I can. I see scorri's mention of Naglfar and I hesitantly raise my brows at Naglfar, considering I was feeling pretty good about him before and awman do I really need to do this? If I just die tonight, I really won't dislike you scum, really!

There's been a few cases of AGGRESSION and we're playing a party game, we should all link arms and remember the rules of courtesy and friendliness! I'm probably just an incompetent dick.

Neko comes from a place where defeatist attitudes and shit play are the cream of the crop and scum self-hammers are considered normal and acceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if it extends to hasty claims and contrived logic to vote a claimed Some-Sort-Of-Cop with an anti-Town result for voting a Not-In-The-Most-Serious-Of-Lights-Cop-Claim with non-Town result. THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSEyesno.

I still like NNR lynch the most because he is making no effort to scumhunt or anything in response to accusations.

Agree that Naglfar's reaction to NNR actually claiming is bad, though. I also think his Snike vote looks like a votepark now since he didn't really expand on what he thought of Snike's newer post.

Speaking of Snike I wish he would be more memorable. Don't like him too much but can't formulate a solid opinion on him.

Shinori and Cam are horrible, horrible people. Please actually do something.

I really want to put more effort into this game but I feel I have little to work with from the people I don't consider townreads. So here are some questions:

kirsche, how does your vote really hold up at this point? You asked BBM a bunch of questions but when he answered you just kind of brushed it off; your opinions and priorities are really fuzzy to me. btw I haven't read catwa shoejoe in at least a year but you're waifu is shit.

BBM, why is your vote still on kirsche? You've mainly been on the defensive when interacting with him and your most recent content was just a side suspicion thing. Doesn't really seem like you're trying to find scum and lynch them. Explain opinions + priorities please.

SB if you think your vote is reaching then why did you make it when you clearly have other suspicions and why did you admit to that?

Xin'dy why is your ISO not in the OP.

Shinori and Cam are horrible, horrible people. Please actually do something.

Cam is traveling across the world in 80 days or something so he gets an excuse. The rest of you who don't have an excuse to not participate, start doing things! Or else shows are getting cancelled...or something like that.

Uh, Prims, you've got that wrong. I said that one of my points was sort of reaching but I put it down anyway because it was really bugging me. I'm perfectly happy with my other points on her.

Add Xinn to the V/LA List. Serious weather conditions have made Internet connectivity intermittent afaik.

List now includes Shinori, Cam, SB, Snike and Xin.

GG.

Edited by Elieson

idk I'm finding it hard to get motivated when I'm in three games, Persona 4 is cool, and nobody else is posting either. Most of my stuff is probably defensive because I don't really have anything to say that's not sparked by something else.

I was thinking it over and while I still dislike Kirsche's vote on me and think it's a misrep, and I don't like the bit about how he never finds me town, I also think that a good part of the argument between us is just based on playstyle differences over the merits of voting or not voting for your top scumread.

So I'm going to ##Unvote, ##Vote: Naglfar for reasons I mentioned earlier plus whatever Scorri said that I didn't. He's not really scumhunting any more than NNR and the ilk are. He had stuff on NNR, but so many people had said that stuff by that point that it's not really anything noteworthy. His Snike vote is basically just because Snike didn't have a vote, and while it says that Snike has a lot of opinions, it doesn't actually look at any of those opinions at all, which I sort of dislike.

Also fwiw his play doesn't seem like SSBU, where he was a lot more active and engaging, whereas here he feels kind of active lurky. He was SK there, but I think in this regard his play there can be approximated more towards town play than mafia play.

Honestly I'm really just not feeling this game. I'd contest Bard on his dumb "defeatist attitude" since I play Mafia mostly to either laugh (as scum) or yell (as town) at people, plus I played Mafia way before I was around on MotK, but anyway I'm not going to bother. Actually bard that ticks me off a little. I don't like being passively insulted like that.

But I'm town, so I guess I'm obligated to try, right?.

I reread scorri and didn't see anything else I didn't like, but I'm not going to write her reactions from ED1 as "ED1 Shenanigans" just yet.

Nalfgar is pretty lame for baiting me to claim, though. I'm surprised after all this "rolefishing" stuff more people aren't getting on his case. At least my excuse is that i can't read in between the lines.

##Unvote

##Vote: Nalfgar

I blame my distaste for this game on fake/joke claims that look serious. It makes me super sad.

Can I join the V/LA group too it seems to be the cool dudes group.

Actually bard that ticks me off a little. I don't like being passively insulted like that.

"NekoRex comes from a place where" does not say "NekoRex is a person who". You taking offence at "passive insults" that aren't even about you is your own deficiency, and thus your own problem. If you're going to take impersonal things personal, don't whine at me if you get ticked off and feel all insulted. There's other huffy princesses I'd be more inclined to listen to.

##Vote: Naglfar for reasons I mentioned earlier plus whatever Scorri said that I didn't. He's not really scumhunting any more than NNR and the ilk are.

Could you clarify who "the ilk" are, and why you think Naglfar >>> NNR? I had to actually go back to the beginning to note your vote had been on Kirsche all the way before this, could you also explain why you clung to your Kirsche vote for so long and choose now to abandon it for a Naglfar vote? I haven't seen you mention Kirsche much so IDK why the sudden change of heart or why you were voting them to begin with in the face of everything else.

Rein, do you think it's plausible for NNR and Naglfar to be scumbuddies? Would you vote Naglfar over NNR?

I don't think it's out of the question looking at them individually, but their interactions are really weird. Their reactions to each other are both bad (Naglfar "oops NNR claimed", NNR's reason for voting Naglfar is something that would have applied as early as 281 but he never brought it up then, and also claiming at the request of one person is bizarre). Still, right now they're my biggest scumreads, but I would rather lynch NNR because his case is continually worse, while Naglfar wasn't that bad to me until his most recent post which threw previous stuff into whack. I wouldn't object to a Nags lynch if it comes to it, but for now I'm keeping my vote where it is because I'm more confident in it.

I haven't read Katawa Shoujo in at least a year but you're waifu is shit.

Both my avvy and your useless spelling are fixed.

Also I totally missed the contradiction by Nags, mostly because I only half-read what happened in regards to his claim (I just saw his claim and thought "oh that's interesting" and got distracted). The reason I'm hesitating to swap is the fact that two of my scum reads, BBM and NNR, have both decided to switch. I don't like how nothing really changed from BBM's post addressing Nags and then him voting Nags aside from him coming from the revelation that "oh wait kirsche and I disagree on voting habits" which doesn't really satisfy me and just seems like an easy excuse to try and build an easy wagon on a mistake which could be town. Also he seems to have relatively forgotten about NNR. I second Bard's notion of getting BBM to refresh his thoughts on NNR and why he's much better than Nags. Right now I'd prefer to keep my BBM vote because of that. Prims, if you think I handwaved his responses then please shove them down my throat to respond to because I don't think I have and considering BBM isn't breathing down my throat for it it doesn't look he does either.

Do we need hammer to lynch?

You're right Kirsche, there was nothing that made Naglfar scummier between my initial mention of him and my vote of him. I lowered my scumread on you instead, which put him higher up. As for why I chose Naglfar over NNR, it was mainly because I felt that Naglfar was going more under the radar than NNR, and that he was really active lurking just as much as NNR. I haven't "forgotten" about NNR, there was just nothing to say there more than I already was. What were the other people voting NNR saying about him? Just "Oh nothing's changed".

As for why my vote was on Kirsche for so long, it was a mixture of laziness and me not feeling like I had enough for a case on anybody else. Until the recent rethink, I also was still finding Kirsche more scummy. I needed to just take a step away and reread my own arguments and re-evaluate the read. Then I just decided that even if there wasn't that much on Naglfar, it was better than just parking on Kirsche.

NNR's recent posts are full of appeals to emotion but looking at just them in a vacuum, I can't tell if it's more likely to be whiny town or whiny scum. There's also the thing that him and Naglfar's interactions don't look like scumbuddies.

Thanks Elieson, the weather is already milder and my internet is consistent thankfully. Didn't last as long as I feared.

This doesn't really make any sense to me. You pretty much say that I didn't overreact, but then say you didn't like my reaction? You also don't say why, which is kind of suspect to me. How was I supposed to react, knowing it wasn't legit, since I know my own role pm better than you do.

Now that I look back at it, I guess I was expecting too much.

However, not overreacting doesn't mean what you did was something I see as helpful. You just responded quickly with a jokepost, and that tells me absolutely nothing and just breaks the whole thing early. Hence why I said word-by-word "SB reacted very soon in a way I'm not fond of". Is it necessarily scummy? No, not as far as an overreaction. Is there a better way to react to that? Not much as I looked back into it recently, though your post still irked me at the time.

Taking NNR's subsequent stubbornness in belief aside due to the time of your vote on him, I don't have an objection to your other answer.

##Unvote

I also expected nekorex to not start feeling defeatist or act too rashly if I went a milder approach and just asked him questions, that didn't work. I also didn't exist enough for it to matter, though. :/

I dislike how Kirsche quotes me out of context. The sentence goes on to say "I don't want to sheep another vote", and he just removes the last part of the sentence to make it seem like I'm afraid of sheeping when that wasn't the issue.

I think this was a very trivial point to tackle kirsche about and don't agree with it. I don't see how these two words have changed the context of your phrase that drastically.

I also think the logic behind attacking one for self-consciousness is sound, however, Kirsche's comment about playstyle vendetta doesn't add conviction to his vote and looks off in the way it was mentioned. I didn't find the case major at that point, though.

On a personal note I absolutely hate clutter posts like #163. Just makes rereading more annoying than it should be. Not scummy though, or at least not this early. If it were later then you could say you were distracting town.

-I don't think both NNR and Manix are scum as I don't think scum would have a roleblocker (assuming Bard's inspec on him was actually accurate) and then have someone else claim it because that's super risky.

-Xin'dy seemed genuinely clueless in her first post. Null.

-Can scorri elaborate on her #200: do you think that Manix is actually a roleblocker or do you think the roleblocker part comes with the role.

-Wait is Bard's claim serious or not I'm confused?

-Don't like NNR's bard vote in #205, seems too convinced that Xin is cop and Bard isn't.

-On the other hand Snike seems a bit too hesitant to believe Bard but this is minor.

-"Oh man guys it was just a reaction test. I didn't get that much but I don't regret it" ugh I hate these so much but townies do it all the time. Knowing that you weren't clueless makes me dislike your original post a lot more.

Just thought I should clarify a bit for you BBM: I saw your point about not feeling that voting Snike would get you as far, but I disagree; you should always vote your strongest scum reads, or at least make them clear. By the way you worded it I was not sure if Snike or NNR is your biggest scumread.

But then there's this.

There's a lot of trivial dislike comments in this post for its content. From it, you gave about as much importance to prims' clutter post and my reaction test as you gave to scumreads, and you didn't use them for anything sans giving me a very questionable townie pass, from what I can stretch it.

As pointed out, the one thing in this post that'd pass as a scumread, the NNR vote, is actually discredited by your own assumption that he shouldn't be scum in conjunction with manix, which means that rather than have only a small credited scumread, this post has literally nothing conclusive besides except staying on BBM. I don't like this post as much as I first saw it.

Scorri's answer to my question is understandable, I don't feel her ED1 is meaningful in consequence.

The points brought by j00 and scorri about Naglfar actually make sense and have me taking a closer look at him:

okay first of all prims, fuck you for saying everything I wanted to say :(

so important stuff, repeating as little of what's already been said as possible: neko didn't read the thread and voted the guy who claimed cop first for voting the RVS cop fakeclaim. after that was a lot of defensive behaviour and waffling; the only legit thing he's done so far is vote scorri for being defeatist and doing anti-town things, but the switch was so abrupt that it kind of looked like an excuse to get off a failing case. then this.

Despite your best intentions in making this have the least repetitive stuff, it's almost entirely it. Except the read on NNR's actions towards scorri.

what do you mean, "remembered"? I read this and all I see is a desperate bussing attempt for TownCred. I'd like to hear more about these reasons.

so I'd vote neko but his wagon is already way tall and I'm with BBM on not tunnelling one guy all day.

##Vote: Snike

dude, you have a lot of opinions for someone who hasn't made a real vote yet. kinda bothers me. also cam should make a real post before he fucks off on a plane pls.

You don't want to put a vote on a big wagon, then follow by voting Snike for not having a real vote, while he had his vote under me and was serious about it in his last post as of this quote. You completely piggybacked on BBM's logic to a T, not just agreed with him.

so okay wow neko actually claimed? I didn't want to come across as demanding a claim but welp. thing is, I honestly can't imagine him being in such a hurry to do all that as scum.

I have no idea how kirsche feels about his own vote. also kirsche/BBM slapfight and potential SB/xinnidy slapfight, among these BBM's vote is the only one that makes sense to me.

anyway my vote on snike is kind of obsolete now so ##Unvote. but now I have two problems; firstly my brain is shit today, secondly nobody's posted anything lately. gonna hold onto my vote until I actually get a #1 scumread again.

What baffles me in this post is how you're stating you considered him your #1 scumread like that.

Now, I'm aware people vote on who they find scummiest, but if he's something you can call a #1 scumread (while you wanted to vote Neko if he didn't have a tall wagon, no less), I'd honestly expect more than two sentences against him that follow someone else's logic. Is there nothing you can do to answer or judge his content other than stating your vote is obsolote?

Mmhmm, I concur with this.

##Vote: Naglfar

Pedit: Lovely I have to wait for my internet to stabilize in fear of losing my post.

Pedit2: ok it's back but stuff happened so more to address

Also I totally missed the contradiction by Nags, mostly because I only half-read what happened in regards to his claim (I just saw his claim and thought "oh that's interesting" and got distracted). The reason I'm hesitating to swap is the fact that two of my scum reads, BBM and NNR, have both decided to switch. I don't like how nothing really changed from BBM's post addressing Nags and then him voting Nags aside from him coming from the revelation that "oh wait kirsche and I disagree on voting habits" which doesn't really satisfy me and just seems like an easy excuse to try and build an easy wagon on a mistake which could be town. Also he seems to have relatively forgotten about NNR. I second Bard's notion of getting BBM to refresh his thoughts on NNR and why he's much better than Nags. Right now I'd prefer to keep my BBM vote because of that. Prims, if you think I handwaved his responses then please shove them down my throat to respond to because I don't think I have and considering BBM isn't breathing down my throat for it it doesn't look he does either.

Kirsche what is your read on NNR exactly.

All I see is something entirely discredited in the very post it was made, I don't see anything else otherwise except when you talk about BBM's read on NNR. And I can't know if it connects all that well since you haven't even made it implicit if his read matters for yours.

I blame my distaste for this game on fake/joke claims that look serious. It makes me super sad.

I'm sorry, I'll be very blunt. That has never caused a catastrophe for the games I've played until you overreacted like it was Satan killing your family in this game. I'm not blind and can see how and when it ruined this game for you, but I find it unfair if you just keep pulling your hair off and fully blaming it for your current state.

I am only sorry I wasn't here to discredit it earlier because something else I'm participating pulled me at a very inconvenient time. Please pull yourself together and try to take the game as a game.

That is all.

##Unvote

##Vote: Naglfar

In case ctrl + F is used so that the ones in the spoiler aren't counted.