This "Guide to Marriage and Inheritance in FE Awakening" on Tumblr written by "Fire Emblem Awakening Experts"...

Zerker

what's this I hear about bad cynthias (or unless I'm too tired to pay attention)

every cynthia is good

This guide has its flaws, but some pairings aren't actually too bad.

It's not about Cynthia being bad, it's about Gaius doesn't giving her anything important and being needed on others places. He's like one of the best fathers for at least 4 different children. A cynthia fathered by him is actually great, but he's really needed elsewhere.

Nah, Noire, Kjelle, Yarne, Brady, Laurent, all like Gaius as well, especially the first 2, which are always the ones I give him to.

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skarthe: As a matter of fact, yeah. Cynthia can get anything from Sumia that Frederick gets from Great Knight/Paladin because of the overlapping class choices for the two. :/

Fred and Sumia both have the Cavalier and Knight lines. Cynthia's not gaining much here in terms of class choices.

Edited by Anacybele

Skarthe: As a matter of fact, yeah. Cynthia can get anything from Sumia that Frederick gets from Great Knight/Paladin because of the overlapping class choices for the two. :/

Fred and Sumia both have the Cavalier and Knight lines. Cynthia's not gaining much here in terms of class choices.

Sumia doesn't have the cavalier line, so fred still gives Cynthia paladin, which is a pretty great class.

Edited by Nobody

Alright, for Cynthia. . .

Frederick gives her the best options, IMO

seems legit!

NOT!

Edited by Ƶerker

Best thing Fred!Cynthia gets is Aegis and a couple breakers, but really she's preset with her mother's class set alone. Random Village Dude would make a wonderful father for her. That's how good she is by default.

She gets GF, TF, DG+, Luna preset. That's a beastly set.

I could've sworn that the last time I checked, Sumia could be reclassed to Cavalier or Knight. o.O

Sumia has Peg Knight/Knight/Cleric

DF, Falcon Knight, GK, General, Sage, War Cleric

Sumia has Knight and General.

You mean Knight and Cleric. I just checked. I must've been thinking of something else I'd seen. My mistake. But Cynthia still has Luna access without Frederick since Sumia can promote to a Great Knight from the Knight class.

Edited by Anacybele

You mean Knight and Cleric. I must've been thinking of something else I'd seen. My mistake. But Cynthia still has Luna access without Frederick or Stahl since Sumia can promote to a Great Knight from the Knight class.

Sumia can't marry Stahl.

Sumia can't marry Stahl.

Gah, that's true too. How embarrassing to make such a mistake. Must be my tiredness. It's pretty late here.

Sumia class set is so good, she can actually work as a support unit better than many children characters, since she also has TF,GF,DG+,Luna. If only she could support anyone good enough for Apotheosis (besides the MU).

what the fuck? taguel? hell no, rolling 65 attack berzerker erry day.

65 STR 'zerker. Not Attack. STR.

Before Rallies.

Or Axefaire.

Dude rams 110 Attack on initiate as a support with Agg, AF, Rallies, Forged Brave Axe, Tonic. 100 (Enemy Phase) is solid enough to melt most opponents in Apo. Hits that 20 Damage Support threshhold pretty nicely.

Stacking a bunch of SPD on him is a complete waste, honestly. He's not born to lead. He's born to follow. And melt face.

(Of course if you're gonna marry him, that's a different story. Then LQ!Yarne is... well.. a thing. Because LQ!Yarne!Morgan is crazy. 76 SPD in Streetpass conditions!? (True, he still gets doubled by Vanilla players, but, that's some SPD, man.))

-snip-

Obviously, MU > Anyone but for Cynthia...

Gaius!Cynthia >> Henry!Cynthia > Chrom!Cynthia >> Frederick!Cynthia

-snip-

Fred does go to waste on Sumia though- he's needed elsewhere: Cynthia has was she can gain from him. (Really, Cynthia doesn't need no father. Except to exist. She doesn't gain much from any of them. Hell, not even MU is that good for her, because she's so damn good out of the box.)

She gains from Henry more than anyone else... and Gaius is also wasted on her- since his role is to pass PK, which she already has. Sure, Vantage is nice, and proliferation of it is wonderful, but like DG+ it's not needed on every character- only 1 per pair. Cynthia wants a Vantage boyfriend in the same manner that Laurent wants a Galeforce girlfriend.

-snip-

I'm curious, what changed?

Or is it simply that Gaius gives other children far more benefit than he gives to Cynthia? (Although that still doesn't explain away her getting more from Henry than anyone else.)

Alright, for Cynthia. . .

Frederick gives her the best options, IMO

seems legit!NOT!

That is incredibly unhelpful. I, at least, am generally interested in why you disagree with something, rather than a sarcastic comment simply stating that you disagree. From the way you quoted, I can't even tell what part of eclipse's post you disagree with.

Back on-topic, is there any way to communicate with that blog besides by submitting stuff to the "experts"?

I'm curious, what changed?

Or is it simply that Gaius gives other children far more benefit than he gives to Cynthia? (Although that still doesn't explain away her getting more from Henry than anyone else.)

Realizations. Cynthia only needs mods, really. Sure, more +SPD on her is nice (As with Galeforce, she actually pops out (unlike Yarne or Gerome, who are ever destined to sit behind their girlfriends)) but Gaius is needed elsewhere and the +2 Mag helps her more than the +2 SPD, considering outside of some niche usage, she's mostly support, double lead support, but still mostly support. Also Sorc is pretty boss if she's not support DF.)

Sully, Cynthia

With Frederick, Cynthia doesn't have to reclass to Great Knight to get Luna; Frederick can pass it down, and she can spend time in the air.

seems legit!

NOT!

ITT: Sumia can't pair with Avatar, let the hates begins

what the fuck? taguel? hell no, rolling 65 attack berzerker erry day.

Berserker natural Strength cap + Limit Breaker + Axefaire is already 65 Strength, and that's not counting cap modifiers, skills that would further mess with Strength, pair-ups, etc. Yarne can be so much more!

Berserker natural Strength cap + Limit Breaker + Axefaire is already 65 Strength, and that's not counting cap modifiers, skills that would further mess with Strength, pair-ups, etc. Yarne can be so much more!

Yarne is one of my favorite children, and I'm glad he's actually good in comparison to other children.

He has 65 strength without Axefaire, and with axefaire and pairup and forged axes, he's reaching like 90-100 attack.

65 STR 'zerker. Not Attack. STR.

Before Rallies.

Or Axefaire.

Dude rams 110 Attack on initiate as a support with Agg, AF, Rallies, Forged Brave Axe, Tonic. 100 (Enemy Phase) is solid enough to melt most opponents in Apo. Hits that 20 Damage Support threshhold pretty nicely.

Stacking a bunch of SPD on him is a complete waste, honestly. He's not born to lead. He's born to follow. And melt face.

(Of course if you're gonna marry him, that's a different story. Then LQ!Yarne is... well.. a thing. Because LQ!Yarne!Morgan is crazy. 76 SPD in Streetpass conditions!? (True, he still gets doubled by Vanilla players, but, that's some SPD, man.))

Yeah, meant Str. Sorry.

Edited by Rift

This is... rather ridiculous.

Oh my gosh, and I thought my original attempt at a pairing guide was bad. Ha.

First off, I love the lack of Sully as a good wife for Chrom - probably because she doesn't have Galeforce. But she's an excellent mom for Lucina in a no-grind playthrough due to her availability (although she does already start in Chrom's best class since he can't pass Lord), he passes to Aether to both girls and with their mother's skill modifiers, getting that off shouldn't be a problem. And the best part is this makes Kjelle very, very usable.

Second, Brady can insta-promote to Sage and get Tomefaire on his own - I'd rather pass down Lucky Seven or Axefaire if I want him to become to War Cleric later (or a Dread Fighter).

Third... Gaius for Cordelia? One of Gaius' best skills Cordelia can give to Severa easily, and Severa already gets an amazing amount of speed from her mother. And Gaius' best ability as a father is give pegasus knight to his daughter... whom already has it thanks to Cordelia.

Fourth, okay, now I've actually READ Sully's entry and excuse me while I laugh hysterically. I actually use Sully/Virion, and that's only because that pairing.

Fifth (god, this is a lot of problems), actually, it does matter what Panne is passing down to her son, because unless Panne marries either Lon'qu, Frederick, or Virion, Yarne is going to miss out on anything from the Wyvern Rider set... and the Wyvern Rider set is a freaking amazing set if you ask me. And personally, I usually prefer not passing down Lethality unless a particular character is sort of stuck when it comes to getting decent level-ups. Also I DID put Lethality on a Stahl!Yarne. He kept activating it... a lot, so... I think that was just luck.

Sixth... Tome Toddler? ... I'm not going to... okay. Moving on.

And I wouldn't recommend Libra for Tharja, but that's just myself. That's a waste of a Dark Mage class gain, and Mage contributes nothing useful.

And one final thing:

"Note: I did not include My Unit because he/she has so many options that revolve around what asset/flaw the player picked at the beginning of the game. However, it is worth noting that My Unit almost always pairs best with a child character."

Try telling all of the people who prefer having two broken "Morgans" over one ultra-godly Morgan that.

I mean, I'm not trying to bash this guy's opinion, but... when you say you're trying to say your pairing are close to "ideal" and that you're a Fire Emblem expert, there shouldn't really be this many flaws in your logic.

And oh Naga, he has more guides. Including one on the "worst" pairings? Here goes nothing.

I guess I'm gonna review the pairings:

Chrom - Pretty much spot-on, but Olivia as Lucina's mother isn't recommended in no-grind runs.

Sumia - Eh, if Gaius is given to her, that means one wasted Galeforce. Fred and Henry are better for her(and Fred is far from Cynthia's worst dad; PavGis access is a pretty nice feature).

Olivia - Again, the problem with Gaius here is one wasted Galeforce. Lon'qu is decent but better for other kids. I'd rather have Virion or Chrom instead.

Maribelle - Pretty much spot-on. Both Lon'qu and Virion could be eligible choices too.

Cordelia - If she's paired with Gaius, that means one wasted Galeforce. I agree about Lon'qu being great though. Lacks Stahl.

Lissa - Vaike is better passed to someone else. The mods are alright but dat skill choices. I'd rather have Gregor for physical Owain instead, he gives Armsthrift and Sol at least.

Sully - Her mods basically is a weaker version of +spd/-lck MU. Virion and Stahl are meh. Donny and Vaike are better than them.

Panne - Pretty much spot-on.

Nowi - Pretty much spot-on. Vaike for honorable mention.

Miriel - Ricken is great, the other choices has major class overlap so I wouldn't even bother with them.

Tharja - lol Libra. Gaius or Donny are arguably the best choices for her.

Cherche - Pretty much spot-on. Needs more Freddy.

I give the pairings 6.5/10 because he actually tried and the fact I'm not a great rater.

Also, actually it's mentioned on the note that it's based only by his personal experience and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by War Cleric

I give the pairings 6.5/10 because he actually tried and the fact I'm not a great rater.

Also, actually it's mentioned on the note that it's based only by his personal experience and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now I'm wondering what his playstyle is like...

Miriel - Ricken is great, the other choices has major class overlap so I wouldn't even bother with them.

How does Miriel/Lon'qu give you major class overlap, exactly?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Some misconception here

Cynthia - let's get this out of the way first. Every fucking cynthia is fucking amazing. She has downright the best skillset for apotheosis off Sumia alone. However fred!cynthia IS the worst cynthia. Frederick mods put Cynthia at +2 which is the same as Cordelia(which is lacking for Dark Flier. Sumia barely reach 45+ area with AS+ 2 as a Dark flier)

The best cynthia is Gaius because Vantage and Sol. However, Gaius is needed elsewhere for moar Galeforce and he is a good father to boot. Henry sucks, so Henry is the ideal choice because Cynthia is already too good, Henry's class set did not bother her much. In return, Cynthia still get Valkyrie and Assassin off Henry

Frederick is arguably one of the better father for Yarne. This allow Yarne to skip skill selection off Wyvern tree, and +2 speed is NOT lacking when you have Assassin and Zerker. Also Taguel sucks. Why bother

Also saying Libra x Tharja is bad is actually terrible

Massive class overlap all for.... Loltomefaire

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner