Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 3 - NOW IT'S REIN TIME (Game over)

Paperblade

Also, from outside POV:

If Shinori scans me and claims guilty, one of us is scum.

If Shinori scans me and claims inno, then we get info. That's a bit more complicated obviously because I could be GF or Shinori could be full of crap, but it's associative claim info which may prove useful down the line nonetheless.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In m car but kirsche I have a town read on psych, thanks for asking. Hence my lack of discussing him

Okay, well that's interesting. I'd hoped to use Shinori to catch our hidden player (have him target Cam and see what he gets, then target people outside of the game to see if anyone turns up differently), but eh.

Of the current wagons, I'd go for Nags > Elie/kirsche (not feeling either of these) > No Lynch > Psych. I did not type all of that to see Psych lynched, and that Shin vote screams lazy. Also, you guys totally ignored my last request. . .can I retcon my own ability to shoot everyone except for myself, so town wins?

Also, phase end is at 4 PM HST, which is 5.5 hours from now, if I've done my math right. If I haven't, someone hit me over the head.

First off, if people spot someone else's role crumb, can they keep that to themselves? There is very little town benefit to outing someone else's crumb before they claim. Maybe it gives you some personal benefit by realizing what their role is, but you also make it much more likely that the mafia will realize what it is as well. Not worth it IMO.

Anyways, I guess Elie's first wall is a marked improvement over his prior content. However:

While his renewed Shinori and Wombat suspicions are better than the ones he had earlier, they're just that, new. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but at the times of his original suspicions on them, a lot of the stuff he quotes hadn't been posted.

Shinori's reaction to you voting him for saying someone was lazy was bad (bringing in self-meta), but that doesn't change the fact that you still didn't use the same meaning of lazy as he did when you voted him. Ofc, he then changed to your meaning of laziness in that post you quoted, so idk.

As for Wombat, yeah, semantics analysis can sometimes find you a scumslip, but please tell me how saying "I dislike this" instead of "I find this scummy" is one of those cases. And as for you thinking Wombat's Bizz case was bad, that's fine, but that doesn't mean you can just say that it's not even there, which is what you said originally.

As for the stuff he quoted about Wombat in that last post, what I agree with the most on is that blurb about Manix. A numbers claim is what it is. If a townie is informed of the numbers, they should out them right away, and if the mafia is informed of them, they would out them right away too. All that can be determined from it so far is that if Manix is scum, Numbers is probably part of his role rather than something he's just making up randomly (like Shinori in SFM2), because of knowing there's a hidden, and because 7 non-town point at either multiple ITPs or two scumteams, neither of which BSing mafia would be able to make an exact guess on.

HOWEVER, Wombat is I think town just because of his treatment of his claim. I can't see mafia announcing HEY I AM GODFATHER and I also think that if he were scum, his buddies would inform him of this site's meta and how people would be more likely to proceed on this site.

At least one of the crumbs has done two things for me:

1. Turned a "I think this guy is clear" to "I'm willing to turn D1 into a No Lynch because I'm pretty sure this guy is clear"

2. Completely changed what I plan on doing with the rest of D1.

Also, phase end is at 4 PM HST, which is 5.5 hours from now, if I've done my math right. If I haven't, someone hit me over the head.

this is true, I'm in GMT+1 except DST which I forgot is kinda arbritrary outside parts of Europe or something

Hi I'm here catching up on what I missed

Like I said I'm still not a fan of an Elie lynch but lynching him either way would give us information because he had interactions with a fair number of people, so if we settle on that then I'll go with it, but I feel better with a Psych/Nags lynch, preferably Nags even though Psych might give us a bit more info too. The way I see it is we try to lynch for scum first over info, but shrug.

@Eclipse- Meh, I guess it's your decision and ultimately I think that you know what you're doing. I was saying that more to Elie anyways, because he specifically UNDERLINED the portion of Kirsche's post that he thought was a crumb, which was particularly facepalm inducing.

Anyways, with Elie's second wall, tone =/= emotion. You can sound smug while sounding completely calm, which is what I thought you were doing. Also, IIRC someone (Manix?) pointed out that Ether played similarly in Shipping, a game in which you were also in. We vigged him for that and he was town. I'm not telling you to treat him as a townread, but it should at least be a nulltell if he can't get anything much out of posts. Sure, ask him questions about particular people or posts, but I don't think it's a good scumread.

Also, I gave this some thought and I'm going to ##Hug: Elie, ##Eviscerate Excellen. Elie's still a scumread but the more I think about it the more Excellen's posts are just particularly egregious to me. Yeah I know that he's not a wagon and we need like 10 votes in 5 hours for a lynch, but I feel much more confident about him than about anyone else.

If not Excellen, I would still vote Elie and maybe Naglfar today. Now that I've understood Shinori's claim, I don't feel like lynching him as much.

I think I can split the game in about one post. I need to decide whether or not it's a good idea (in other words, it's time to seriously read a couple of ISOs). Dammit, time, come back here.

Oh yeah, Psych. I think that if he is what I think he is, his role, if claimed, is too public to be used for much mafia benefit. I don't really feel like lynching him either.

I think I can split the game in about one post. I need to decide whether or not it's a good idea (in other words, it's time to seriously read a couple of ISOs). Dammit, time, come back here.

HEY I WONDER WHAT SB THINKS ABOUT THE INSIGNIFICANCE OF A 3 HOUR HIDDEN SEARCH NOW LOL

Yo BBM who's Excellen and what's ITP?

Excellen = Gyarados and ITP = Independent Third Party.

Now I woke up at like 3 pm and have been doing mafia related stuff after a shower, so excuse me for a while while I get a very late lunch.

Don't like that Shinori's reply to Psych saying "what have you even done this game" is "well what have YOU done???" and his timing of claim is weird.

:meta: but it seems like Shinori to freak out and claim before going to sleep to avoid his wagon possibly getting bigger. When you have a wagon growing on you it usually looks like it's moving faster than it actually is, but I don't think it's that unusual.

Would like to point out that Scorri did a similar thing with Helios: She told him other people have been inactive too besides her

If it's the lack of activity, why aren't you calling out people like Ether as well? Lack of activity isn't scummy in and of itself, especially not just on D1.

and I'm not a big fan of that because I think it's scummy to pull the "yeah I did the thing but what about other people who did it?" which I'm noting for later. Helios's scorrivote is odd though, @helios which of the current wagons would you lynch today? Would you rather lynch Scorri out of all of them?

Bizz has a lot of posts but later posts have been somewhat forgettable. Recent posts are about Elie/kirsche/Wombat and not really thinking Elie and kirsche are scum anymore, responding to Wombat. You still have your vote on Naglfar even if you haven't mentioned him in a while, how are you actually reading Wombat? You seem to like him less and less as you respond, but I'm not sure what your read on him is.

I have trouble catching up in bigger games. My trend lately with them is that I give up when the game starts moving too fast and sub out, but I asked Prims about nighttalk since the rules said nothing about them, and nighttalk isn't allowed so that will give me 24 hours to read at least.

As for Wombat, I don't like it when people constantly pick at me but that was an emotional response. Gamewise I don't feel as bad about Wombat anymore, especially in light of his claim. I don't remember who said it (I think it was BBM) but it's true that I was turned off by his playstyle, I think.

I have a nice little Venn diagram in front of me. One side is labeled "Voting Psych". The other side is labeled "People eclipse found scummy". One person sits in the middle of both.

Now explain to me why I shouldn't revive my first love and chew on Snike.

Shin, I see you in here. Do you have LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE to say?

Also BBM you have a point about Excellen, he's posted a lot more than a chunk of the playerlist but I don't remember his opinions much and he's really stuck on the whole rhetoric thing. I don't think it's likely we'll lynch him today but I'll make a note to read his ISO again when I'm catching up.