QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or he could play a song by the same guitarist that uses pretty much exactly the same notes in a very similar melody:

rainbow's very own man on the silver mountain.

goddamn ritchie blackmore and ronny james dio is a dangerous combination.

edit: which leads me to a question for you esau. i remember several years ago i made a topic about andy mckee...can you play rylynn yet, or does the a-string still break on ya? it really does look like a bitch to play. i don't have a handy-dandy banjo capo yet, but once i do, oh man.

Nah. I still have the tabs but never began learning it because the tuning was too whacky. Andy McKee probably has like a billion strings to fuck around with but I suck at re-stringing and places around here charge out the ass to do it for you. Add to the fact that I only have a nylon-string, and that means that breaking strings or radical re-tunings will require quite some time in between tuning it and playing. Although Googling it returns some tabs that don't require crazy tuning so maybe I was lazy or something?

I did learn a bit of For My Father, though.

eh im more interested in piano anyway, i'm actually trying to pick that up right now

Eyyyy, piano bros. I'm currently trying to get down "To Zanarkand" from FFX. I can only do some of the beginnings though since I suck at sight reading.

Nah. I still have the tabs but never began learning it because the tuning was too whacky. Andy McKee probably has like a billion strings to fuck around with but I suck at re-stringing and places around here charge out the ass to do it for you. Add to the fact that I only have a nylon-string, and that means that breaking strings or radical re-tunings will require quite some time in between tuning it and playing. Although Googling it returns some tabs that don't require crazy tuning so maybe I was lazy or something?

I did learn a bit of For My Father, though.

No, the tuning is extremely weird. Didn't know you only had a nylon. Restringing a nylon is a terrible process.

I should get to learning For My Father, actually. Ever heard of "All Laid Back and Stuff"? The tuning is pretty weird, but I think manageable, and the tune itself is one of McKee's simplest pieces, making it a lot of fun to learn and play.

how about no

that was me being literal if you didn't notice lol

No, the tuning is extremely weird. Didn't know you only had a nylon. Restringing a nylon is a terrible process.

oh gods...restringing anything is a terrible process, and the strings like to randomly get off tune in the first 5 days.

Well, I mean, I HAVE an old Fender Squier Dreadnought, but it was my first guitar and I was a shithead and didn't take great care of it so it's been banged up and I'm a classical guitar player anyways so I like the sound of nylon more.

I should get to learning For My Father, actually. Ever heard of "All Laid Back and Stuff"? The tuning is pretty weird, but I think manageable, and the tune itself is one of McKee's simplest pieces, making it a lot of fun to learn and play.

Nope, I'm just listening to it right now for the first time. Sounds pretty good, a nice laid-back tune to learn.

One of my friends hates this guy, says all of his music is unimaginative. Stop not liking what I don't not like. ;___;

Well, I mean, I HAVE an old Fender Squier Dreadnought, but it was my first guitar and I was a shithead and didn't take great care of it so it's been banged up and I'm a classical guitar player anyways so I like the sound of nylon more.

One of my friends hates this guy, says all of his music is unimaginative. Stop not liking what I don't not like. ;___;

My Ibanez is falling apart and it actually is becoming emotionally upsetting. We've been through some times, that guitar and I.

Never Grow Old is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. It always puts me in a good mood and I never get tired of listening to it. It's a masterpiece. Tell your friend he's/she's wrong. :smug:

Fingerstyle artists are some of my favorite musicians on the planet haha.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

New day = new question!

What kind of people do you really like? Feel free to list as many kinds of people as you like. I'm largely referring to personality traits here, but if you want to look shallow, feel free to describe physical traits too.

I look for people who seem to exhibit a strong sense of intellect. However, these standards can sound rather demanding, so the better way to say it is I like being in the company of people who can reason well, who know how the use their common sense, and can tackle an issue objectively as opposed to subjectively. Being generally all-around kind and tolerant of others is a bonus.

Someone who's mind is open, but not so open that their brain falls out. . .someone who finds joy in helping others, not at the expense of others. . .someone who's willing to work for what they want. . .I could go on and on. . .

seems like a cool thread

This isn't so much something I like about a person so much as something that easily gets my attention- a unique or nice sounding voice. It strikes me more than almost anything else about a person. It's this big fixation I have on them, and I never forget a voice. Some people call it obsessive. Conversely an annoying voice is a huge problem for me no matter how nice someone is.

This is the only consistent thing I can think of. Being nice is not even necessarily a requirement- while it's obviously preferable, I can sometimes be really amused by someone who is plain rude or whatever. I can't really think of some sort of systematic "do i like this person" method or anything.

I always like funny fun people~! Just somebody who's not afraid of using their sense of humour, I love stupid jokes/puns~ That's why Jedi's cool because he doesn't care how much his stupid puns annoy everybody else ^~^ And Integrity always makes dumb jokes, whether perverted or not, and it's adorable~

Anybody else who is just bright and happy and cheerful and acts like a goof! =3

I don't have any complicated preferences like everybody else seems to have x3 I just enjoy joyfulness~ People who love bringing smiles or laughs to others, people who are polite and considerate, people who are carefree... Because those people just lift my spirits!!

Edited by Freohr Datia

I honestly don't really like people all that much. I find them scary and difficult to deal with.

I much prefer to let my partner handle social situations (like talking to cashiers or people or anything) and just hide behind him or cling to his side until it's over.

I suppose I could handle quiet people, because they wouldn't overwhelm me.

Shy people are good too because they can understand how I feel.

Edited by Sumia

My Ibanez is falling apart and it actually is becoming emotionally upsetting. We've been through some times, that guitar and I.

Never Grow Old is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. It always puts me in a good mood and I never get tired of listening to it. It's a masterpiece. Tell your friend he's/she's wrong. :smug:

Fingerstyle artists are some of my favorite musicians on the planet haha.

Haha, I would, but he would be able to explain to me in the most minute detail why McKee is terrible. He's all over music theory, I was always jealous of him when we were kids because of all the things about music he knew. Back then it was mostly about all the music he'd heard, but now it's about all the basics and intricate details of it.

New day = new question!

What kind of people do you really like? Feel free to list as many kinds of people as you like. I'm largely referring to personality traits here, but if you want to look shallow, feel free to describe physical traits too.

I look for people who seem to exhibit a strong sense of intellect. However, these standards can sound rather demanding, so the better way to say it is I like being in the company of people who can reason well, who know how the use their common sense, and can tackle an issue objectively as opposed to subjectively. Being generally all-around kind and tolerant of others is a bonus.

There are numerous traits that I like in people, but chiefest among them is a sense of optimism and naivete. I'm a horrible socializer but I am an excellent observer, hence my entire skill in creative activities such as art, music, and linguistics. I've always been great at copying techniques by watching people. Unless someone is a very smooth liar I can usually tell what they're thinking or at least how they are feeling, and it can really ruin a day when you talk with someone that is being nice who you can tell really, really hates you. So I guess when I say I appreciate optimism and naivete, I mean of a more simple nature. Not stupid, though I wouldn't necessarily mind, but someone who is either so horrible at manipulating that they simply don't bother or someone who really likes being direct I guess.

Also I highly value multilingual people, although that is not a personality trait. I am so jealous of people that know more languages than me. :(

I honestly don't really like people all that much. I find them scary and difficult to deal with.

I much prefer to let my partner handle social situations (like talking to cashiers or people or anything) and just hide behind him or cling to his side until it's over.

二kawaii四me

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I have some trouble putting the specifics of what I like into words so

People do not piss me off with their words or actions regularly (by regularly I mean in terms of ratio over contact rate because if I interact with someone not all that often but every time they piss me off I'm gonna hate them anyway) is good though

If interacting with you don't make me want to punch you in the face you're probably off to a good start

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Haha, I would, but he would be able to explain to me in the most minute detail why McKee is terrible. He's all over music theory, I was always jealous of him when we were kids because of all the things about music he knew. Back then it was mostly about all the music he'd heard, but now it's about all the basics and intricate details of it.

I'm curious about what he's said, now.

I've been waiting for this question...for the...two days I've known about this topic!

Anyway, I like people. People from all walks of life. I like talking and learning things about people. That said, my favorite kinds of people, ones I usually become good friends with, are those that I find to be genuinely good, kind people. Have a good sense of humor, and are optimists. I'm friends with pessimists, but rarely do I enjoy my time with them because they put me in a bad mood. When it comes to girls, I also enjoy it when they have bubbly personalities.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Um... what a tough question.

Instant brownie points are given for making me laugh, definitely, even though it doesn't take much of an effort. And... hmm. This is actually really hard, because for one thing, my shyness is pretty crippling and for another, my friends consist of a strange conglomerate.

[/pondering]

I'm curious about what he's said, now.

I can't remember precisely what he said. Everyone was talking about less-known guitarists they were a fan of and I mentioned his name. He gave an "are you serious" chuckle and then said something about him being unimaginative and his music being heterogeneous. But that was several years ago when I'd first listened to most of the guys from candyrat.

Which reminds me. Don Ross.

There's 2 kind of people in this world.

I hate both of them.

.... jk jk

But there's too much traits to list. So Imma pick one: Someone that knows their limit.

You're wrong, there are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who don't.

Edited by Interest