QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

If someone says lol, meh, tl;dr or anything of the sort, I feels the urge to punch the closest thing.
It's not against you. these terms are non-words.

Words were created to allows us to express our opinions and describe the more accurately how we feels and see the world, for us, and for others.

This.. This have the absolutely opposite effects. This is against the very idea of comunications between persons.
They may have their uses to describe how we feels with simple words, but now... They just means : "I don't care about you".

These simple words makes that absolutely nothing is important anymore.

Love : lol. Life : lol. Death : lol. Genocide : lol.

You may think I'm thinking too much about details, and you're probably right.

But, please... The next time you'll use it, just think twice about it to see if it's really necessary.

Thank you very much.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds familiar... did we ever talk about this before?

But that really depends on how long it's been, if it was recent then I feel you, if it was a long time ago... then it's clinging, and that's not good for your health

But, this was an odd turn of events, I didn't mean to pry

no, i never talked to you about this, but you've probably seen me mention it already...but yeah, it's pretty much just hopeless. it's not healthy, but every attempt i've made to recover just backfire on me. i feel like a living dead person.

no, i never talked to you about this, but you've probably seen me mention it already...but yeah, it's pretty much just hopeless. it's not healthy, but every attempt i've made to recover just backfire on me. i feel like a living dead person.

Have you talked with anyone about this, what all have you tried to overcome this?... and were you rejected or discarded?

Forgive my prodding, but still... I...

Have you talked with anyone about this, what all have you tried to overcome this?... and were you rejected or discarded?

Forgive my prodding, but still... I...

no you're fine...i've talked to friends about it, yeah. they make me feel a little better because they care, but it's not enough to help me very much. i've tried moving on by forgetting her entirely, but it never helps at all so i just express how i feel about her instead of bottling it. it's a little less tense. and honestly...i don't know what happened. we liked each other, but one day she just stopped coming to skype without saying anything. i'm afraid everyone i get close to will just disappear on me like she did. she devastated me, and is a huge source of my despair. i hate relationships and i hate life <_<

Ahh, I have a question that might seem strange, can you confirm her existence, is she still alive? When's the last time you tried to contact her?

I can relate to the fear of getting close to someone only to have them disappear, I know full well that pain, but think for a second, if they leave you like that, were they your friend to begin with? This isn't a case of something you can forget, you've got to come to terms with this with or without her, if it's okay I'd like to try to keep helping you, but ultimately, it'll come down to you...

So the poem in your sig is related to this...?

Things that make me cringe? Double standards, hentai, extreme political leanings, nihilism, bad fanfic, shipping wars, Hummers (the vehicle), emo hairdos, the idea of not having fingernails, and spicy food. (i cant eat spicy food anymore. :(: )

If someone says lol, meh, tl;dr or anything of the sort, I feels the urge to punch the closest thing.

It's not against you. these terms are non-words.

Words were created to allows us to express our opinions and describe the more accurately how we feels and see the world, for us, and for others.

This.. This have the absolutely opposite effects. This is against the very idea of comunications between persons.

They may have their uses to describe how we feels with simple words, but now... They just means : "I don't care about you".

These simple words makes that absolutely nothing is important anymore.

Love : lol. Life : lol. Death : lol. Genocide : lol.

You may think I'm thinking too much about details, and you're probably right.

But, please... The next time you'll use it, just think twice about it to see if it's really necessary.

Thank you very much.

I felt the urge to quote this post and just write "lol"

but I won't do that

Sadly, it's the new dance style. So you'll hear it a lot.

It's been around for ages in some form. Pretty sure it's just a derivative of grinding anyways.

Honestly, this didn't make me cringe - it only made me facepalm a lot.

Edited by Interest

New question!

Imagine you are given absolute power over the Internet. You see all that is happening, but are given the ability to do one thing and one thing only - remove web sites from the Internet entirely. With that said, which web sites would you want to remove? You don't even have to hate them, though it would help to give explanations no matter what. No need to be specific either.

I'm personally up for removing sites in general that try to abuse search system tags and various sites designed purely for advertising (particularly in an invasive manner). I would also potentially want to remove sites like Linkbucks, because although they're not incredibly bad, they are stupidly annoying. Oh also, shock sites probably should go too. No reason to explain there.

Edited by Interest

BEHOLD, A MESSAGE FROM THE POPE! IN NOMINE PATRIS, FILII, ET SPIRITUS RIDLI, AMEN!

REPENT, SINNERS, FOR THE DAY OF RUIN IS UPON THIS FOREST! THE WRATH OF GOD SHALL BE AS A RAGING FIRESTORM, CLEANSING THE FILTH FROM THE LAND!

IN ITS PLACE, A SAPLING OF HOPE WILL BLOSSOM, FRESH WITH THE DEW OF JUSTICE!

That is all. God bless you.

Gonna have to go with Serenes Forest. I mean look at our members, the last four posters are indicative of what our community is like. I don't know if there's anyone out there who wouldn't be ashamed of being a part of a community that acts like this.

BEHOLD, A MESSAGE FROM THE POPE! IN NOMINE PATRIS, FILII, ET SPIRITUS RIDLI, AMEN!

REPENT, SINNERS, FOR THE DAY OF RUIN IS UPON THIS FOREST! THE WRATH OF GOD SHALL BE AS A RAGING FIRESTORM, CLEANSING THE FILTH FROM THE LAND!

IN ITS PLACE, A SAPLING OF HOPE WILL BLOSSOM, FRESH WITH THE DEW OF JUSTICE!

That is all. God bless you.

exactly the sort of trying-too-hard rubbish the internet could do without. Let us wipe SerenesForest from existance.