QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly Paper Mario/Pokémon, though....

Does Mario himself count as a class? As for Pokémon, I find Water types to be the most useful (I'm pretty sure that none of those two are considered archetypes, though).

i guess it's compulsive

Nope.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I pure in MMOs, but the class depends on the game. I definitely favour mage classes.

In tabletop, I choose hybrids because I can't afford to be useless in any circumstance. I pick rogues for tabletop.

Oh god pures in MMOs. Reminds me of Runescape ;)

Fire Emblem 1 (NES)

Did you read the question..?

Mostly Paper Mario/Pokémon, though....

Does Mario himself count as a class? As for Pokémon, I find Water types to be the most useful (I'm pretty sure that none of those two are considered archetypes, though).

I consider him something of a "jack of all trades" because of the badge mechanic and his general character progression model. Now if you were to build him a certain way (i.e. use defense badges and focused on increasing health) then there could be something to make of that. Also it's worth noting there are some well-known Mario "builds" out there such as Danger Mario.

Edited by Interest

Mage types-- Offensive spell casting ones. I used to really like Archers when I started MMOs (Well, more like when I was playing RO) but then after deviating from RO, I ended up liking magicians the most. I do occasionally play as support types too though. Like healers and what have you, but they get kind of boring when you're not in a party.

Edited by pinkbubblegum

New question!

Have you ever preordered anything? I think this question kind of speaks for itself. While this question largely pertains to video games, I think there have been other products that have had precedence in terms of preordering (such as books).

I have only preordered once to my memory. It was the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword for the extra music CD - I like VGM, so it was worth it.

Only Atlus games. HELLO CATHERINE.

Oh, and some X-Seed games too, I guess. YS

Edited by Refa

What RPG class/archetype do you typically play or is one you're most likely to play?

Paladin, generally. I'm not really an 'evil' player anyway. So in Skyrim I'll suit my character up in steel plate mail, take a mace (or Dawnbringer) and a glass bow for dealing with those pesky dragons, and keep a good few elemental spells handy (as well as candlelight for those Draugr Barrows).

...And then vampires come along and massacre me. Typical. Worst part of Dawnguard, considering how often they're popping up as random encounters in the overworld. Dragons are less hassle!

Have you ever preordered anything?

Personally I don't usually even consider preordering. It's the game I want, not all the miscellaneous incentives they try to offer just to draw you towards that £20 extra price tag. The thing is, most of them are either 'extra skins/maps for multiplayer!', which I can't do anyway (lack of sufficient online capability), or 'special weapon for campaign!' which either removes all difficulty or can be obtained anyway, just with more work. And such incentives can also often be picked up later as regular DLC.

That said, art books are sometimes a little tempting. Soundtrack CD's less so, because OST's usually turn up on Youtube...

As for books; if even Harry Potter failed to sell out in my local bookshops on release, why do I need to preorder? Discounts are usually pitiful to non-existent anyway.

So, no. Preorder is not for me.

Precisely two things: Steam games that I know I won't be able to wait for a discount on (XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, Civ 5, some others) and FE13.

Pokemon Soul Silver, White, White 2 & Y, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword & Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem Awakening, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Super Mario 25th anniversary set, the list goes on and on, and that's just the Video Games! So yeah, I tend to Pre-Order most things.

I used to pre-order games for the rubbish ore-order bonuses (getting Ocarina of Time for the GCN with Wind Waker was pretty baller though). This generation prices have generally tumbled very shortly after games release, and I think the only game I bothered to pre-order in the past five years was Dark Souls (which is funny because I still refuse to play it until I finish Demon's Souls, which I am a terrible person for not having completed). Actually, that's not true, I pre-ordered Fire Emblem 11 to get the, um, homely... art print that I didn't get because stores seem to consistently run out of the pre-order gimmicks they/publishers promise. Anyways, I used to really enjoy getting games as soon as they came out, but nowadays I don't mind waiting a few months to take off half the price.

As for books, I stopped pre-ordering them when I decided I didn't want hardcover books anymore. That was very recently actually, earlier this year sometime.

I don't care about most pre-order bonuses (I'm not sure if boni is correct. At least in German it isn't as there is no noun "bonus" in the Latin language. That's the reason why you use the plural form of the adopting language, in that case German), but I preorder stuff, if I want it at the first day. For example FF XIV Realm Reborn or the Wind Waker Wii U bundle.

There are no books to preorder though, most stuff I (have to) read is quite old (Philosophy).

Anomaly 2: Discount on pre-order, sequel to a game with a very unique formula that I enjoyed

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle: It's an import so I very much doubt the price would've dropped any time soon. Plus the character DLC that came with it was an alright bonus I guess.

There's been a few others but I forget what they were. Usually I only shoot for a pre-order when I'm absolutely certain I'll enjoy the game, haven't regretted a single one.