QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

Personal level: Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards, eating out, my personal rigs (I am on my second one, and it's going to have beefier hardware than my first one)

Larger level: Military spending, highway construction/maintenance

Edited by BLS

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal rigs (I am on my second one, and it's going to have beefier hardware than my first one)

This for me

My common sense screams that I shouldn't spend a cent more on them

But every now and then I simply give in

It's like Lego, just taking up less space the space issue is why I don't spend money on Lego nowadays, incidentally

For me: Lego, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Video Games

Wow, you sound just like me five years ago. Nice choices :):

Now it'd just be LEGO and Video Games...

I dunno about "biggest", but I have a special place in my heart for buying bottles of water.

And not a good place either.

I dunno about "biggest", but I have a special place in my heart for buying bottles of water.

And not a good place either.

We usually have many, many water bottles at our house, but they're dirt cheap (like a couple bucks for a large bunch of them). Probably still more cost-efficient to filter tap water, but *shrug*

New question!

What is/are your favored method(s) of learning? Do you prefer it if a professor (or teacher) lectures you and you take notes to study later or do you like to debate and discuss the topic in the class? Maybe you like doing hands-on activities and enjoy your chemistry labs.

Considering I usually did my own thing during lectures and the joy of doing hands-on activities rapidly wore off, I like talking with my peers and professor about the topic at hand, but only in smaller groups. Otherwise, as long as I can copy notes off Powerpoint slides I don't care. I guess I can safely say I like learning by myself as well, though not through traditional studying, but instead through trial and error (i.e. take mock exams or equivalent).

A mix of reading then doing it myself, more of the latter though

I like to dissect math problems to bits so I can get the problem in the most detailed way possible, but I will reference back to the textbook.

And I do a lot better on practical programming than concept-related things because fuck memorisation but I can program decently enough

I hate studying. Therefore, I go to class and pay attention to the lectures, and that usually does the trick. Doing things myself is the best way for me to learn things, but sometimes I can't really be fucked.

This past semester has taught me that I need lectures~ Otherwise reading/learning by myself is not quite enough for me.

Also I do not enjoy debating!! ^o^

Edited by Freohr Datia

In groups. I find studying alone for myself to be extremely ineffective, and I learn nothing at all and get distracted a ton. However I find that when I work/study in groups I learn a lot more and get to know the subject matter.

If you're asking for an auditory/visual/kinetic learning, I'm more on the kinetic side of learning.

Independent study. I love learning with others, but it doesn't have the same oomph as that moment when you figure something out on your own. Can't beat it.

So this next question was going to be about more academic crap, but instead I've opted to choose a generic question since it is that time of year.

What are you doing for the holidays?

Personally I'm not doing much of anything until after 2014 begins. I will then be taking a trip to the desolate hell frozen over known as "New England."