QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How To Come up With Decent and Interesting Questions for this Thread".

If you want something "decent and interesting", make some suggestions or I'll keep asking "crappy, boring" ones ;P

Anyways: What is your shoe size? Since shoe sizes are differentiated in many ways, feel free to post it any way you wish.

Currently using 11.5 (Wide, I think?) Men's US. It's probably a little bigger than I need, but even wide shoes aren't enough for my feet (my father's side has wide feet and somehow wide shoes aren't sufficient...yeah...).

I've got nothing.

I agree that's probably my favourite title~

My shoe size is like... women's 6.5 or 7 or something (US). Maybe it depends on the shoe because sometimes I've worn size 6... and other times 6 is too small.

I don't even remember. IIRC, like 10 or 11 or something.

Also update the thread title.

Fuck. I forgot to do that before falling asleep. I don't check here often enough gg.

Anywaysssss: What are your thoughts on cloning? Would you want a clone of yourself?

I would say we'd need to be careful on how we approach the concept of cloning, especially once we reach human cloning. If there should be any (whole) human cloning at all, I would say the willingness of the participant should be tantamount, though since chances are all a nefarious person would need is some genetic material, meaning it could be very easy for cloning at that level to go wrong.

Despite this, I would like a clone of myself. Hell, he can be the one who enjoys doing stuff while I do the hard crap because then at least one of us is doing something fun. Also I would have a like-minded person with me at all times. I might even go for four or nine clones for various reasons (four because League of Legends team, nine because 10-man raid, blah blah blah).

Edited by Interest

I think human cloning is unnecessarily tight-nit, and I would love to see medical technology of its use advance.

The world have enough people

We don't need to unnaturally create more of them

Who cares whether something is unnatural? The computer you're typing on is unnatural, as is the internet that allows you to access libraries of information that scholars centuries ago would have given a literal arm and leg to access.

Cloning can be used for any number of medical uses. It could be used to create organs for donors who otherwise would need to shop around. Hell, it could even be used to allow sterile parents to have genuine children.

I would not want true clones because individuality is very important to me, but people with the same potential would be very useful. Genetic modification is something I look forward to.

I'd be fine with cloning my own internal organs (but not my brain, for obvious reasons)/tissue/blood. Hell, if there was a way to create more of my blood, I'd donate it!

I'd rather not have another me running around - the world has its hands full already~! :P:

Cloning what? I don't see any problem with experimenting with cloning animals, assuming that ethical codes are upheld, However, I'd rather not see human cloning any time soon. There are way too many complications (scientific and ethical) for me to feel adequately comfortable with it. Just because we can doesn't me we should, right? I can't think of even a single instance where cloning could be considered both widely useful and reasonably humane (if anyone does think of one please do share).

And would I want a clone of myself? Only if I could make a huge army of clones and take over the world... Nah, I think one of me is definitely enough.

Cloning internal organs other than the brain seems a bit more practical anyway. And as far as I'm aware they don't have dreams, hopes and aspirations, don't feel pain, souls for those who believe in them, etc...

Edited by Village King

It's more like

people naturally create more babies already

why add to the process more when you can just not

as if the earth isn't overpopulated already

For the sake of this, what counts as overpopulated? It's easy to cite humans as currently overpopulated but in reality we're very comfortably situated in terms of space. I mean, shouldn't it be said that overpopulation is simply a question of supply? And that can be increased in the future just as it has in the past. A century ago we couldn't have possibly supported as many humans as we do now, and a century from now I am sure the same will be true.

And who cares whether people naturally create more babies? Many, can't. What about those that just plain wouldn't want to? It's not like they're causing any dangers to nature by cloning instead of reproducing naturally.

I would not want true clones because individuality is very important to me, but people with the same potential would be very useful. Genetic modification is something I look forward to.

Well, for all intents and purposes that already happens with identical twins, yet most of them are quite clearly separate people on account of different experiences while growing.

Well, for all intents and purposes that already happens with identical twins, yet most of them are quite clearly separate people on account of different experiences while growing.

Yes, but suppose you could create them and put them in different environments. The possibilities are fascinating.

p.s.: Sorry for not replying if you posted. I got tired of the discussion as I believe it will be reduced to a pissing contest unless we take it to PM, where frank discussion without show takes priority. In other words, I'd prefer a discussion to an argument.

That and I was too tired/lazy when I first saw it.

Edited by Makaze