Casual VS. Classic - Which is faster to complete?

Tanner

Which one?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Casual or Classic?

• Casual
    • Classic
    • Both appear similar in completing.

Currently, I'm attempting Lunatic-Classic along with Hard-Classic. Compared to the casual-plays I did when I started FE:A for the first time, It appears like it takes longer. Either because:

1. I'm overreacting because I worry too much about my units.

2. I'm only (was, now I started a new game) on Chapter 5.

Normal-Classic appeared too easy, then it was Hard-Classic. It could be me, but the keeping-the-units-alive difficulty just jumped from low to a good decent highness of difficulty.

Personally, which one do you think you can blow through faster? Classic or Casual?

Definitely Casual. I don't like the though of losing any characters unless I can live without him, or it can't be helped (In my classic run, Libra decided to charge at the enemy before I could recruit him and ended up dying. Not my fault there, sorry you had to waste your life).Furthermore, I'm still stuck at CH 11 due to having to protect Olivia

Definitely Casual. I don't like the though of losing any characters unless I can live without him, or it can't be helped (In my classic run, Libra decided to charge at the enemy before I could recruit him and ended up dying. Not my fault there, sorry you had to waste your life).Furthermore, I'm still stuck at CH 11 due to having to protect Olivia

Partner Olivia up with Chrom and allow Chrom to protect her.

No. Classic is for normal people, Casual is for wussies and/or begginers.

Or for people with stressful lives that want to not chuck their expensive 3ds across the room.

Or for people with stressful lives that want to not chuck their expensive 3ds across the room.

That means me.

I love playing on classic, but I hate when my units go..

And when, they do, I get extremely mad. xP

I guess if you were ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TACTICIAN PRIME you could vote "they're about the same" just to look like a smug douche?

(fun fact: the only time i played classic fe13 was for a draft once)

If you're just exploiting dirty tricks to blow thru the game at maximum speed Classic or Casual doesn't matter. (This entails mostly MU solo. Which means game over if your unit dies)

If you're on Normal, aren't doing Apo or fighting streetpasses, Classic or Casual doesn't matter (unless you're... pretty damn bad, TBQH). (Normal is too easy. If you're having units die, well, something's wrong)

Otherwise, Casual is faster, if only slightly.

Edited by Airship Canon

Casual is slower if you use battle saves but never make a mistake.

By all accounts, they really should be the same speed unless you lose enough good units to make a Classic run take longer, or if you reset.

Casual is slower if you use battle saves but never make a mistake.

By all accounts, they really should be the same speed unless you lose enough good units to make a Classic run take longer, or if you reset.

I'd figure the person playing slowly and using battle saves to avoid making any mistakes would, if forced to play Classic, ...also play slowly and probably reset for the mistakes he prevented by playing Casual. On the other hand, the person who blazed Classic and just #YOLOd it up would probably ...also blaze Casual and #YOLO it up.

In other words, a wash sometimes and weighted in favor of the casual in others.

Yeah, I guess I could see how "about the same" could be a fair choice.

Depends on how you play. If you don't want to lose units but is reckless in your playstyle, casual is definitely faster. If you're anal like me and will reset upon unit loss because if I lose anyone then the strategy is awful (this is a non-LTC context), or plays planned and carefully, then it honestly doesn't matter at all.

Casual is obviously faster, but i always play on classic because well... It doesn't feel right at all playing casual for me, not having to carefully think out stuff. Lots of people i know play Casual just so they can save, i guess they're at less mercy of the RNG.

:rolleyes:

Or for people who enjoy a more relaxed playstyle and like to have fun. I dont like resetting. Especially after getting an amazing level up on someone like Libra and then someone gets owned with that 24% hit rate from an enemy. (or a Counter unit has Miracle...)

Theres also this. :): I like my 3DS.

As for the topic at hand, yeah, Casual is faster due to less worries.

I have never played casual and can tell you that its faster to play than Classic. My brother played FE Awakening on casual and would tell me every time Sumia had died. Then he would say, "its ok, she comes back next chapter, then she will hit the pavement again". I am a perfectionist, and I play classic. If anyone of my units die, I always reset.

Edited by PrinceLeaf

I wonder if OP is serious with their question.

:rolleyes:

Or for people who enjoy a more relaxed playstyle and like to have fun. I dont like resetting. Especially after getting an amazing level up on someone like Libra and then someone gets owned with that 24% hit rate from an enemy. (or a Counter unit has Miracle...)

This. God forbid people have fun with their games. :/ I'm a long-time FE fan, and I jumped to Casual right away. I'd never have touched the stupid nightmare that was Lunatic if it weren't for Casual mode. You get a fun challenge without the frustration. That's a big bonus in my eyes.

I wonder if OP is serious with their question.

This. God forbid people have fun with their games. :/ I'm a long-time FE fan, and I jumped to Casual right away. I'd never have touched the stupid nightmare that was Lunatic if it weren't for Casual mode. You get a fun challenge without the frustration. That's a big bonus in my eyes.

Mmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Same with me. I thought Casual Mode was great, since I could throw anyone I wanted to into the battle.

And besides, I don't have ALL DAY to waste my time twiddling my thumbs on some 3DS! I need to waste time with my friends and be elsewhere!

But yeah, I think Casual is more calm, and easier/faster to complete.