League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have missed the point. He meant Annie as ADC.

And yes, top and mid are much, much more counter dependent.

Eh, even as ADC, I think it can still work. Maybe not optimal but potentially good. I think trying stuff is important.

needs more AP garen mid

That is NOT how to spell mana regen Garen!

I played Malzahar exactly once. He's hilarious, even if I think he's not the most viable AP (because he can't get things off of him short of killing them).

Tried using Karma.

Fuck her, man. Just, fuck her.

But Karthus was quite fun. Love spamming that Q. No pentakill though.

Zyra is pretty neat, too.

Random select vs Intermediate AI is quite useful for learning champs inside-out.

Edited by Raven

Tried using Karma.

Fuck her, man. Just, fuck her.

But Karthus was quite fun. Love spamming that Q. No pentakill though.

Zyra is pretty neat, too.

Random select vs Intermediate AI is quite useful for learning champs inside-out.

THANK YOU

i still cry about new karma

yeah I've had zyra for a while but haven't been using her lately

bought her skin before it increased in price and played several games with her in the last few days and loved her again

that reminds me I should play more thresh

It's more like 10-15%

and mathematically the difference between a 1200 and a 1500 player should be roughly the same as the difference between 1500 and 1800 elo although that's probably not quite the case with whatever modified Elo algorithm Riot uses.

Edited by Silvercrow

Whatever the case, by Gold you're definitely playing against some of the best players in the game. It's so common to complain that people in silver, gold, and even diamond are somehow noobs to the game and are still learning the basics: They aren't. This is like listening to Michael Jordan complain incessantly about how most NBA players don't know how to play basketball. It's absurd, and I don't know why people keep doing this.

I was just teasing.

Gold is top 8%, there's a chart that someone posted about this a while ago that depicts how bad the current system that riot uses is.

92% of the player base is in silver/bronze. There is 600k people in those 2 divisions and only 100k in the other 3 combined. Which is really bad. there needs to be at least one more league somewhere below bronze or in between bronze and silver. If not two more leagues.

Silver 3 is top 20% of all players.

Someone posted a post on reddit that I wish I could fine but it explained how the game really is.

A diamond 2 player (I think) posted about how he thinks the thing is. A diamond 2 player can easily carry low rated games and get up to diamond and that is because of mechanics for the most part.

Fuck I don't remember time to find the post:

HERE

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/18zpr7/league_distribution_22113/c8jqvq3

Read that post.

I have 4 rune pages (EUW). I'm just saving my IP to build the following pages - not yet finished:

AD Bruiser - 9x flat AD reds, 9x flat Armour yellows, 9x scaling Mag Res blues, 3x Movement Speed quints

AP Carry - 9x Mag Pen reds, 9x scaling health yellows, 9x scaling AP blues, 3x flat AP quints

AD Carry - 9x Armour Pen reds, 9x flat Armour yellows, 9x scaling Mag Res blues, 3x Lifesteal quints

Support - 9x flat Armour reds, 9x gp10 yellows, 9x flat Mag Res blues, 3x gp10 quints

Because fuck jungling. How do they look? I want to eventually learn to support properly so I can carry the fuck out of low-levelled games.

After I sort out decent rune pages, I'm going to play and learn at least two specific champions for each role aside jungle. I'm thinking:

Bruisers: Garen, Vi, Riven

APCs: Lux, Katarina

ADCs: Graves, Tristana, Vayne

Support: Blitzcrank, Soraka, Sona

Bruiser: Meh. I wouldn't know what a good one was if it hit me in the face.

APC: You can get away with the armor yellows, and work on the scaling health later (if ever).

ADC: My page is 9x flat AD reds, 9x flat armor yellows, 9x flat MR blues (but if you have scaling, then you can hold off on the flat MR blues; get this before the scaling health), 9x flat AD quints.

Support: I go 9x flat armor reds/yellows, 9x scaling MR blues (dunno if I should turn this into flat MR), 9x gp10. This probably isn't ideal.

Jungle: I run 9x armor pen reds, 9x armor yellows, 9x scaling MR blues, 3x MS quints (though I'm pretty sure there's better options out there, like flat AD). Then again, I'm a pretty bad jungler.

Bruiser champs: Can't tell the difference between my ass and a hole in the ground.

APC: See what I said about bruisers.

ADC: I'd go Graves/Caitlyn (Graves for burst and Cait for poke). MF is good if you want to take advantage of your opponent's bad positioning/be a jackass in lane (signed, Vayne). If you want to learn global awareness, get Ashe; she's cheaper than Ezreal, and her ult makes a much better initiate. If you want to draw the wrath of your team, get Ezreal. :P:

Support: Grab one of each side of the trinity (burst/poke/sustain). Ideally, it would be Leona/Lulu/Soraka or Sona, but Leona/Lulu are really expensive. Lux can function as support, as well.

Jungle: You. Have. Vi. 'nuff said.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Sona/Taric can function as sustain and burst, depending on how they're built. Taric is the auramaster, and stun/shatter/radiance combos hurt.

My start in botlane was Vayne/Blitzcrank; I wouldn't recommend either (Vayne is kind of SOL if her team refuses to cooperate with her, and Blitzcrank is usually banned).

Edited by eclipse

I have 4 rune pages (EUW). I'm just saving my IP to build the following pages - not yet finished:

AD Bruiser - 9x flat AD reds, 9x flat Armour yellows, 9x scaling Mag Res blues, 3x Movement Speed quints

I'd just take the AD quints if I were you. They're marvelous at securing that early game kill on most champs.

AP Carry - 9x Mag Pen reds, 9x scaling health yellows, 9x scaling AP blues, 3x flat AP quints

This looks pretty good. I'm stupid so I just funnel everything into AP, scaling or flat. But then I never play mid except as AP Yi so it's all I can do, really.

AD Carry - 9x Armour Pen reds, 9x flat Armour yellows, 9x scaling Mag Res blues, 3x Lifesteal quints

I'm plain but I'd go with either AD or ArPen quints there. I guess the Lifesteal would give you better sustain, but the AD seems like it'd make your life easier with presence in the lane overall and last hitting, while ArPen is just nice the whole game.

Support - 9x flat Armour reds, 9x gp10 yellows, 9x flat Mag Res blues, 3x gp10 quints

I actually have yet to make a support page, of all things, but that looks pretty cool. Although I'd switch out the reds for AP for better heals and such. And probably the blues too, because who needs defense

After I sort out decent rune pages, I'm going to play and learn at least two specific champions for each role aside jungle. I'm thinking:

Bruisers: Garen, Vi, Riven

APCs: Lux, Katarina

ADCs: Graves, Tristana, Vayne

Support: Blitzcrank, Soraka, Sona

You should definitely learn jungle well. Maybe a bit later on, but it's a really important role and it can be a lot of fun when you do really well.

For tops, those look pretty good. Try to look out for ones that have a lot of nice utility in team fights like Wukong and Yorick. I'm all big into burst so I choose bad ones like Fiora, but I'm currently trying to switch over to Riven and I think she's a real consistently good top champ.

Kat and Lux are both good mids. I'd also recommend Akali and Morganna.

For ADCs, while I do see some Tristanas, the safest picks seem to be Vayne, Cait, Ez, and Graves.

For supports, those are pretty much the order of the day for ninety percent of games. You're not like to get Blitz very often at all though.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Your bruiser page is passable. Not what I would pick, but not going to massively screw up (and then Rumble top gg.)

Your APC page needs flat armour yellows. These are NON-NEGOTIABLE until you're 1) playing draft pick 2) already have a page with armour yellows.

ADC page is fine, at least that's what I'm told passes for "fine" in S3.

Support page is okay, but seriously you're going to spend that much on nine gp10 yellows, as a (relatively) new player with limited IP, for 2.25gp10? Contrast gold quints, which are 510IP each and total 3gp10? Yeah, I'm gonna go with not worth it.

Also, your pages have a huge variety of runes. That's okay, it's not inherently bad. But by the same token, nothing wrong with re-using your MS quints for mid lane. As for champions, play what you like and enjoy it, but yes I'd recommend learning to jungle eventually. The important part is to have fun, because champion-generic skills will get you very, very far in this game.

Guys, if you take one thing away from this, ARMOUR YELLOWS ARE THE FIRST RUNES YOU BUY. EVER. This is not and has never been up for discussion. Okay?

@Shinori it's a normal distribution bro, it's working as intended. And 1600s really ARE really bad. I'm sorry, but they are. Most 1600s don't realise this is an RTS game as much as it is a mechanics one.

I know that Kiriane but still. There needs to be something else either in between bronze and silver or below bronze. It would help out with a lot of the current issues.

As for runes My smurf is level 30, gold 1 and has two rune pages. I didn't want to farm shit tons of runes so I bought the runes I needed for two rune pages and I juts use those two runepages for like literally anything.

Ad red, armor yellow, flat mr blue, move speed quints.

mag pen reds, same everything else.

Something that a lot of people don't know when they pick ap carries is take armor yellows, which is actually not a good idea. If you take hp/lvl or mana regen it's always personal preference but any good mid will just auto attack you because you have no armor. Also if a jungler sees you with no armor you are gonna have a bad time.

Guys, if you take one thing away from this, ARMOUR YELLOWS ARE THE FIRST RUNES YOU BUY. EVER. This is not and has never been up for discussion. Okay?

This was yelled at me for several months before I listened. I should have listened earlier. ;__;

@Shinori it's a normal distribution bro, it's working as intended. And 1600s really ARE really bad. I'm sorry, but they are. Most 1600s don't realise this is an RTS game as much as it is a mechanics one.

If it's a normal distribution then 1600 isn't really bad. 1600 was, what, over two standard deviations out? They're some of the best if the distribution is actually working as intended.

What's that? Someone talking about support? HMMMMMM

There are 34 people I consider viable for support, but I don't like Support TF/Elise/Zac because those last two are stupid. also ihave 18 support rune pages planned so i have a problem, but generic Magic Pen/Armor reds, Armor yellows, MR blue, and Gold quints work. I actually have very few gold quint pages because I like being agressive and getting assists.

the three most important ones I'd say to get are thresh/lulu/taric, but zyra and leona are good too, maybe sona

Thresh

Pretty OP at the moment, wants to build tanky with a items like Reverie or Twin Shadows because he's the king of CC and getting people where he wants them.

Q>W>=E I like the lantern up for the shield, but the E's slow is nice too. Depends on what you are doing but once they move his poking passive to E it'll probably be E>W>Q.

Take Q level 1, W level 2, Q level 3, E level 4 for now. Take E at 3 once he gets changed/2 if you don't need the shield for your carry as much.

I recommend AD reds, Gold yellows due to his scaling soul passive, MR blues, flat HP quints.

Lulu

Also great. The queen of poking. She wants to build some AP, but also maybe a Kage's or an Aegis. Mainly stuff to keep people off of her carry.

Q>W>=E This is for poking more, but she can also be a defensive laner if you max E and then W. The Q just lets you zone forever, but you might want some pots for the mana costs.

Take Q level 1 for early lane control, W for defensive. W 2, Q3, E4

Magic Pen reds, Gold yellows/Armor if you are less confident, AP Quints (I use mana regen blues, but MR are good too. MR on all supports really)

Leona

She's a kill lane and awesome at it. She builds a Sightstone and full tank, and I like an early Randuin's to keep on people.

W>E>Q Max E second if you are missing it a lot like me, Q if you trust your skillshot abilities more.

Q level 1, E level 2, all points in W after

Armor reds and yellows, MR blue, HP quints

Taric

The less tanky version of Leona, he's an aura bot and more supporty and utility. Pretty FOTM though and probably common, like the other three. Stuff like Frozen Heart, Aegis, anything with armor is good on him.

W>Q>E This is my preference, but it depends on if you have to be defense and want heal first or if you want to be more aggressive and E second. I like this for balance.

E level 1, W level 2, W level 3, Q level 4

Armor reds and yellows, MR blue, Gold quints

Zyra

Great at poking, but also at disengaging. If ahead, wants to build more AP. Morello's is good as with her W she reaches 40% without even needing the mastery points.

E>W>Q E is better for damage and the root increasing, Q is just to hit them once they are. A second W early is good for the CD and more seeds.

Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blue, Gold Quints

Blitzcrank

The fist. That's really all he's got and then you knock people up. You want cooldown and some flat mana for it. AKA Frozen Heart, but after that building Aegis and anything else isn't bad. He can kind of forgo boots for awhile thanks to W.

Q>E>W You want your CC up more often. Learn to hit those fists.

Q level 1, E level 2, Q level 3, W level 4.

Armor reds and yellows, MR blue, I like Move Speed quints

Sona

Squishy and good at poking. Wants all the auras she can get. If you are doing well, a Lich Bane or something isn't bad since them Q's.

Her skills depend on poking or sustain, but E is usually always last.

Q level 1, W level 2, Q level 3, E level 4.

A more offensive rune set would be using Zyra's, more defensive would be armor reds and maybe HP quints because she's so squishy but it's up to you.

Nami

She depends entirely on hitting Q's as otherwise you are that great with just you heal. Wants a Mikeal's and works well with Varus. W>E>Q Because I like having more slow on my E, but if you're missing Q take that second for CD

Q level 1, W level 2, W level 3, E level 4

Zyra's page

Alistar

He's great at protecting the carry, or if you want to go offensive just aim your headbutts into walls. Wants a Chalice to spam heal. He's free so just grab him and practice.

Depends on what you want, but I like W>E>Q

W level 1 for defensive Q for offensive, then the other, then E, then I like a second E point at 4

Taric's page

Soraka

She's all about sustain, but I'd suggest having your ADC go 19/0/11 and Doran's start and then they'll never force you out. Aegis works well with her passive.

I like E before W because if I use heal too often I run out of mana. Q is last no matter what though.

E level 1, W level 2, W level 2, Q level 4

Zyra's page

Janna

She's great at disengage but if she can build AP, do it. Great ratios. Want's a Morello definately.

E>W>Q That shield is a free BF Sword okay? Use it on the ADC late game mainly for the damage. Capping W soon let's her put boots off for a while.

Q level 1, E level 2, W level 3, W level 4

Magic Pen reds, Gold yellows, MR blues, Move Speed quints if you want to #yolo and never build boots ever

Fiddlesticks

HAHAH I like him and he's got good CC. If he gets money, wants a Zhonya's. Abyssal synergizes with his passive.

I like E>Q>W but Q>E>W works too. Depends on if you want to poke more or not. Take a minion to heal now and then, or use it on the cannon one to get it low for your carry.

E level 1, Q level 2, E level 3, W level 4

Magic Pen reds, Gold yellows, MR blue, AP quints

Morgana

I like her mid more but still viable. Great against Blitz to stop his grab, but I wouldn't use her with Sivir. Not much to say on her since I don't use her like at all, but a WoTA would be good if you want to be selfish and help your passive.

E>Q>W

Q level 1, E level 2, Q level 3, W level 4

Fiddle's page

Zilean

He's a better mid but I don't think he's a bad support. I like Shureylia's and maybe something like Liandry's or a Void Staff as you just want bombs. Maybe a Chalice for Rewind spam. Have a carry like Graves who can go in because you'll want to take advan

Q>E>=W You want heavy bomb poke and depends on whether you want more speed boost or more bombs.

Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blue, troll with EXP quints

Kayle

Eh I like her better in a damage role but not bad thanks to her ult and heal.

W>Q>E I don't actually know how to level her as I haven't played her support but this seems good for poking with.

Q level 1, W level 2, E level 3, W level 4

Zilean's page because why not

Nasus

dat wither and zone with spirit flame. Better elsewhere though, pretty obviously

W>E>Q If you get a chance to farm by yourself try and get Q but your main job is spam Wither. Take Exhaust if you want to shut down the bot lane when you engage or something with more utility like CV or Heal.

W level 1, E level 2, E level 2, Q level 4 (I'd say leave Q for like level 9 or something since it's pretty bad)

I like him with Zyra's page

Orianna

Apparently she can but I just feel like my poke falls off. Try and get a tear with her or a Chalice and an Aegis for her shield. Maybe Shuryelia's too. Maybe Lich Bane for autos if ahead.

E>W>Q but wants a second Q point early so it's not useless in lane

Q level 1, E level 2, W level 3, Q level 4

Armor reds, Gold yellow, MR blue, Move Speed quints because she's so slow

Nautilus

Leona with more CC but less reliability. Basically just Leona that has to actually aim his initiation.

W>E>Q,

Armor red, Armor yellow, MR blue, Move Speed quints because my god

You've heard me cry over her but still okay. Get Locket and Shuryelia's because laughing at mantra shields is fun. Needs 40% CD.

E>Q>W

Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blue, AP quints, so an APC rune page works with her

Lux

I like her better mid but still okay. Mejai's isn't a bad idea if you are getting a lot of assists/stealing kills. Wants Morello.

W>E>Q

Q level 1, E level 2, W level 3, W level 4

Lulu's page

Nunu

Mainly wanted for his speed buff but I have a hard time knowing what to do outside that because I feel like his E is weak. Good with Trist, Cait, Vayne.

W>E>Q

Lulu's page

Cho'Gath

I like him with Trist because hilarious model sizes and you literally can't attack her because of him. Good CC too and can tank and wants a Frozen Heart or something. Just take a caster every now and then to get ult stacks but try and save it for engages if you can.

W>Q>E

W level 1, Q level 2, E level 3, Q level 4 due to W's mana costs

Armor reds, Gold yellows, MR blue, HP quints

Galio

I like him but haven't figured out where/how to use him yet. Good against a carry with magic damage obviously. Wants to build relatively tanky but with stuff like Mercury Treads, Abysall Scepter, Athene's or Aegis. Maybe a Frozen Heart too or a Thornmail if you can.

You can pretty much do his skills in anyway you want depending on poke or just supporting, but I like W first.

Armor reds, Gold yellows, MR blues, and I like Move Speed quints, so pretty much Ori's page

Maokai

Good at zoning and sort of like a more team oriented Leona/Naut. Wanted against lots of AoE. Needs mana to spam saplings so a Frozen Heart isn't bad.

E>Q>W

E level 1, W level 2, Q level 3, Q level 4

Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues, Gold quints

Anivia

Slows everywhere and wall denials. Not that bad but absolutely has to grab a Chalice as like a first item. Egg helps her be slightly more agressive.

W>E>Q, but spams her R when enemies are there for the slow

Janna's page because I feel like she's really slow

Sejuani

Good CC but this is all from paper as I haven't tried her yet. Wants to build HP things and tanky. I'd imagine she'd like Rylai's.

I'm not quite sure about her current kit since she's getting reworked so I will refrain from commenting.

Magic Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blue, HP quints

Jarvan

AHAH slightly trolly and something I haven't tried but want to. Works well with MF obviously, but also Urgot thanks to his armor reduction, also maybe Corki or Kog. Sort of like a psuedo Naut/Leona but could transition to bruiser if he gets fed. Wants to try and get a Cleaver to work with his Q's as my plan for him is tanky that just slays armor. Maybe a Last Whisper, but he can actually make use of an Avarice Blade into a Youmuu's.

Really I can see any skills in any order because the armor reduction, shield and attack speed for carry are all good. His W+Q allows him to sort of initiate like Leona, thanks to getting 2 charges on his shield pretty much all the time.

Armor Pen reds, Armor yellows, MR blues, Gold quints or maybe HP

Ashe

Okay hear me out I love ashe support. You can ward Blue buff from the bot lane around level 7-8 and have a global ult. Wants an Avarice Blade into Executioner's Calling for her Gp10 and wants to be selfish and get a Zeke's Herald. Sword of the Occult is good too. Sets up some mindgames when the other team sees two ADCs in bot.

E>Q>W

W level 1, Q level 2, E level 3, Q level 4

AD reds, Armor yellows, MR blues, Crit Chance quints

Gangplank

gosh I love him he's also basically like ashe but great poke, a heal to poke more and a buff for his carry plus a global ult. He's actually the only support I'd actively use the pickpocket mastery on as his Parrrley is ranged but grants melee hit gold so it's amazing. Can actually use all three Gp10. Build him AP if you want better ults but I like AD for better Parrrley.

E>Q>W

Q level 1, W level 2, E level 3, E level 4

Ashe's page

LeBlanc

Her goal as a mid is bursting down people super fast but then she falls off. So let's just cut to the chase and fall off for her. Still, her burst combo is insane and people will kind of be confused by two mids, especially if you send someone like Lux or less unexpected like Soraka. She obviously wants as much AP as she can get her hands on, but I find a Grail helps too as you won't get many blues and you want to be spamming spells to do damage to someone.

E>Q>W, but E>W>Q works too. You just want your E first for your CC, as the silence doesn't increase with rank.

E level 1, W level 2, Q level 3, E level 4

Karma/APC page

Nidalee

She can support but I prefer awful javelins in mid. These still are, but slightly less. Cat form is basically useless though, except split pushing late game or W to get away. Get a Mejai's, a tear if you can, and other helpful items like Kage's. You basically have to be kind of selfish, but two AP's late game when one is Nid is great.

Q>E>W for poke, but you only want like three points in Q and then max Heal because otherwise you steal too many kills.

Q level 1, W level 2, Q level 3, E level 4

Karma/ADC page

Trundle

Another theory one, but my plan is just lowering the enemy ADC's attack with Q and using his pillar like Anivia.

Q>E>W

Jarvan page

And those are my supports. I'm thinking about maybe trying Annie as one thanks to constant stuns, and potentially having more range than the enemy carry to abuse pickpocket with might be fun.

i played support darius like a month ago

it was hilarious, although i had a tendency to killsteal with a) my ult and b) my passive

(it ended up more like support ashe and "adc" bruiser dar)

I know that Kiriane but still. There needs to be something else either in between bronze and silver or below bronze. It would help out with a lot of the current issues.

As for runes My smurf is level 30, gold 1 and has two rune pages. I didn't want to farm shit tons of runes so I bought the runes I needed for two rune pages and I juts use those two runepages for like literally anything.

Ad red, armor yellow, flat mr blue, move speed quints.

mag pen reds, same everything else.

Something that a lot of people don't know when they pick ap carries is take armor yellows, which is actually not a good idea. If you take hp/lvl or mana regen it's always personal preference but any good mid will just auto attack you because you have no armor. Also if a jungler sees you with no armor you are gonna have a bad time.

Dodge yellows are better.

I see an appalling lack of support Shen/Singed/Malphite (I've done the third one, and it is hilarious).

Now, for Lulu. . .there's several things that need to be taken into account:

1. The amount of harass you plan on doing with Q determines whether or not E or W is leveled second (E extends the range of Q when done right).

2. Lulu is squishy, so armor in her rune page is non-negotiable. She can pick up Kage's Lucky Pick into Twin Shadows/Shard of True Ice, so I run a ton of armor, some MR, and gold quints.

3. She's an auto-lock if someone on my team picks Hecarim - between her W and R, things die.

4. I have a special hatred for Sona/Soraka on the enemy team. :P:

I see an appalling lack of support Shen/Singed/Malphite (I've done the third one, and it is hilarious).

That would be because two of those are standard bans. They're all good tops (although Shen seems to work better as a jungler), but aside from Singed I rarely see them around.

Also Singed is a dick and I hate him almost as much as I hate Teemo.