League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one friend played HoN, and said that the levelling makes no sense, he can't figure out how to buy items, and was generally confused the whole time. He also said that the matchmaking system could put you up against the best players in the game when you're just starting.

I've never played HoN, so I am biased towards LoL. Also, HoN, form what I heard, is a lot harder than LoL. Not sure if HoN has patch updates and character changes that make no sense (RIP Evelynn).

Well, of course stuff is confusing if you don't know what it is.. MOBAs have high learning curves...

It depends on your tastes, really. If you're looking for something with more features and more polished, I'd say HoN, LoL has a larger competitive community afaik.

The play styles are a bit different too, it's up to each person, really.

Evelyn's nerf was to postpone for rework, as according to Riot, her toolkit was against her design philosophy.

Anyway, as HoN became F2P I might try it and give you my thoughts after a sufficient amount of time. Your friend probably just started and should read up before passing judgment so quickly. Learning curves and all.

So, Nunu's become my favourite champion right now, but I was curious, are his lane match-ups dependent on his partner? If he lanes with an AD Carry, he provides a massive slow and a buff that can be used to get off those last few attacks as well as close the gap. If he's with an AP Carry though, it becomes very hard for him to be of use besides a slow stopping them from escaping.

In other words, should I lane with an AD Carry as much as possible?

So, Nunu's become my favourite champion right now, but I was curious, are his lane match-ups dependent on his partner? If he lanes with an AD Carry, he provides a massive slow and a buff that can be used to get off those last few attacks as well as close the gap. If he's with an AP Carry though, it becomes very hard for him to be of use besides a slow stopping them from escaping.

In other words, should I lane with an AD Carry as much as possible?

Nunu should go in jungle. Traditional supports are much better with AD carries given that AS is only useful for sustained damage, which isn't happening in lane. Nunu is also a really invasive jungler due to consume so laning also gives that up. Him in jungling will give all the positives of lane Nunu and more as his buff isn't really useful in lane outside of MS, which is less useful than a traditional support's toolkit, and his ganks give that slow to knock down enemies.

Fair enough. Let's see who's free...Taric would probably be a fun choice, seeing as I like playing support characters, for some reason.

EDIT: Dear internet, stop screwing up and double-posting.

Edited by Soren37

anivia #1 support, always wall to keep team safe, team never die, always win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

brb stacking mana on anivia.

So what do you dudes think of this dominion business?

For those who haven't heard.

Ehh, it's one of those things I have to try for myself before giving an opinion.

So after playing Taric, I really want to get more into the Support role for LoL, as it feels that I can do it very well.

However, I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to properly support, besides warding and taking as many of Gold/10 items.

Supports I like to play are: Zilean, Taric, Soraka, and Sona if I ever get enough IP for her.

Don't last hit minions taking away gold from ur teammate :awesome:

Thank you, but I do remember that one.

Things I know and actively try to do:

-Save teammates (either through shielding, healing, or stunning)

-Avoid last-hitting

-Buy support items, such as Shuryela's and CDR Boots

-Don't jungle (I rarely do unless I really want more gold)

-Try to build tanky instead of focusing on AP (most support champs need it)

Things I know but don't do as often:

-Ward

-Hang back

-Not do stupid things (initiate, positioning, losing myself in a teamfight, etc.)

Other than that, I'm not sure what else I should try and do. Any suggestions, or build comments?

So, let's use Janna as an example. I'd probably grab: Philo Stone, Kage's, HoG, CDR Boots, and Aegis. Those I guess would be core. After that, I'd probably grab a Shuryela's, Randuin's, sell the Kage's and buy an AP item of some sort, most likely an Abyssal Scepter, with the open slot for wards. So, final build is Shuryela's, Randuin's, CDR Boots, Aegis, and Abyssal Scepter, with a slot for wards and potions.

EDIT: Masteries would probably be 9/0/21 across the board.

EDIT EDIT: Does Magic Pen work on people that you're healing as well? Or does magic pen only penetrate enemy MR?

Edited by Soren37

So, let's use Janna as an example. I'd probably grab: Philo Stone, Kage's, HoG, CDR Boots, and Aegis. Those I guess would be core. After that, I'd probably grab a Shuryela's, Randuin's, sell the Kage's and buy an AP item of some sort, most likely an Abyssal Scepter, with the open slot for wards. So, final build is Shuryela's, Randuin's, CDR Boots, Aegis, and Abyssal Scepter, with a slot for wards and potions.

EDIT: Masteries would probably be 9/0/21 across the board.

EDIT EDIT: Does Magic Pen work on people that you're healing as well? Or does magic pen only penetrate enemy MR?

Healing isn't affected by MR.

Also, Taric isn't restrained to support. AP Taric completely destroys Jax in lane.