League of Legends

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I just realized that the patches really don't affect my gameplay. Seeing as I play Soraka and Taric as babysitters, the heal cooldowns really don't affect me. It just means I may need some CDR glyphs. Other than that, the AP ratio nerfs really don't bother me. It's just the CDR.

Soraka could still be usable. Her E's cooldown got shortened, which means that she can harass a bit more or give mana back more often. It's kind of nice. Her heal's still kind of meh though. I need to play her again and see what happens.

Actually looking at the Soraka changes again, yeah she's not nerfed as hard as people perceive her to be. They buffed the armor boost on her heal by A LOT. The changes still really hurt her and makes her much less viable but at least she's not Eve-tier.

True. Sure, losing half of your AP ratio hurts, but the fact that she can pump out more DPS (Starcall) and throw out mana and silences more while still offering an excellent armour buff, especially considering the current meta, she's still pretty good.

Taric's ruined, though. One second for minions, three for champions. Good luck getting your heal up without capped CDR. Even then, it's a 12.8 cooldown at max level with capped CDR. So, you better be smacking some things, otherwise you'll never get your heal up. Maybe a Nashor's Tooth is going to be more viable on him now?

Sona didn't get hit too hard. Sure, it sucks that she lost a lot of base heal, but meh. She was never really intended to go into combat or deal damage ever.

Nidalee actually didn't get hit too hard. Sure, she lost 0.55 AP ratio, but she now has the strongest heal in the game because her late-game heal is now incredible. Swipe was buffed, and so was Pounce and Javelin Toss.

Any thoughts on Talon guys? From what I've seen of him, he looks like a great character. His rake is very good and his other abilities are pretty cool too. It's a shame he costs 6300 IP, as that's just too much for me right now. (Although I want to buy Kog'Maw instead anyway).

Nothing beats gangplank though. :B):

Not sure, sorry. Haven't played Talon yet to look at the numbers. However, I have heard people saying that solo mid AP Soraka is the way to go, but they still find it awkward. Starcall's range puts you pretty close to them, which leaves you open, as you have no escape mechanism unless you call your silence an escape.

If you do play Soraka as an AP carry you're going to need to build her rather unconventionally. Meaning you don't go for an early deathcap but rather items such as Doran's stacking, Rylai's, Abyssal Scepter, perhaps Glacial Shroud/FH for CDR, etc.

I've been playing AP Soraka a bit. It seems really viable, especially with her passive, Q, and E. The 16 MR in the mid lane would annoy any AP Carry, as they have to deal with a greater resistance, and if they move up at all, they eat a Q and a silence.

Note to self, Singed =/= Brand.

Anywho, Singed is a really good character. I think if you can master his Fling, then you're pretty much set.

Zilean with an Archangel's Staff, why does no one recommend or use it?

Finally, I realize now that I should have done this a while ago. Summoner name is Soren37.

Archangels is a trash item IMO. Only good on heroes like Karth and Cass and even then it is still a questionable item.

Really? If you grab Tear Of The Goddess early, and get Archangel's later (like, lategame), you can get some decent AP off it. 45 + 3% Max Mana (which when fully boosted (with only the passive effect), should give you about another 60, and you can spam abilities for longer. Only really for AP Carry/Nuke, but that's what it's for. That's the way I see it.

Still, that's your opinion, and if that's what it is, then who am I to argue?

WRT to Archangels Zilean: Because Zilean is a support, and needs the item slots for other, more useful stuff (Deathcap, CDR, Armor/MR items, other AP items that help the above).

Edited by Mist