Has a game ever made you cry?

Slinky

91 members have voted

1. 1. Have you cried over a videogame?

When I was little, I actually cried at the end of Final Fantasy Adventure, aka Seiken Densetsu.

[spoiler=Ending]After beating the final boss, the girl that you've been traveling with on and off has to become the Mana Tree. This made me cry like a little bitch. WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOREVER NOOOOOO.

It didn't help that I named her after a 5th grade crush.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really cried cuz of a video game but but I came really close.

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series- DAMN they know how to make a good story with pokemon don't they?

- Final Fantasy 6- So many heart-wrenching moments in this game but the worst would be:

The time span between the destruction of World of Balance and obtaining the Falcon.

I didn't cry, but I felt really sad when I was done with the last chapter of Generation 1 in FE4.

I almost cried when Isara was killed in Valkyria Chronicles. Her dying words didn't help either.

I've never actually cried because of a video game. I never played FF7, so I can't say Aerith's death made me cry. I've heard that's one of the saddest moments.

Hm... I guess the most emotional I've ever gotten was during Emma's death in MGS2.

Still... I never knew crying over moments in a video game was normal for most people. I guess i should loosen up a bit during these sad moments s:

Hm... I guess the most emotional I've ever gotten was during Emma's death in MGS2.

Still... I never knew crying over moments in a video game was normal for most people. I guess i should loosen up a bit during these sad moments s:

It would help if we knew what you played!

It would help if we knew what you played!

2/10 eclipse

I don't really give too much fuck when I saw the ending sadly

Mostly because the boss is like.... loljoke

lolol Yu Yevon is a joke

Edited by shadykid

I have never cried over a video game because I'm a cold, soulless bastard. I've been sad or touched but I have never cried.

The one time I cried over a videogame, is one time I was playing with my brother in mario party, and I got a chance time that took all his stars and gave them to me. Then he threw the controller at me. Good times.

I have never cried over a video game because I'm a cold, soulless bastard. I've been sad or touched but I have never cried.

The one time I cried over a videogame, is one time I was playing with my brother in mario party, and I got a chance time that took all his stars and gave them to me. Then he threw the controller at me. Good times.

Mario Party: ruining friendships since 1998

I generally can't feel very emotional with a game unless it's fully voice acted and the characters aren't sprites or chibi. I think Dragon Quest 5 was the only game I ever felt sad while playing that didn't fit that criteria, and even then it didn't make me cry. That said:

Metal Gear Solid 3/4 and Xenosaga 3 (ending for MGS3/X3, not even going to list moments that made me sad for MGS4 :( ) are the only games that have managed to make me cry. It usually takes a multiple-episode series to get me that sad, since I've had a lot of time to get attached to the cast at that point.

Edited by Tangerine

2/10 eclipse

Implying that it's the only video game he's played in his life. Then again, I'm such a sap that I can see myself crying during some Call of Duty single-player games.

Implying that it's the only video game he's played in his life. Then again, I'm such a sap that I can see myself crying during some Call of Duty single-player games.

:lol

I only mentioned it because it was in his post

Sounds like the two of you haven't played the single-player version of it. There IS a story behind it. . .and it does get sad at points.

Point 1: CoD really does have a story mode that gets depressing at points.

Point 2: Sounds like you guys haven't played it, which brings me to. . .

Point 3: If you have no idea WTF I'm talking about, and are posting for the sake of spam, please cut it out (you'll be doing my nerves a huge favor).

I have cried in Mother 3. Repeatedly. Every playthrough.

The scene in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days where

Xion dies

really made me tear up, even with Roxas' somewhat awkward line

Chapters 9 and 10 in FE:A make me cry pretty hard, and it was awkward when I got there during a road trip :/

358/2 days made me sad, KH II made me depressed. I quit the game once Roxas's part was over. Screw you, Sora.

I never played the first KH though so that may be part of the reason. XD

I've never cried but games have touched me for sure. Shadow of the Colossus was crushing. Surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Besides that....huh, not really much.

Point 3: If you have no idea WTF I'm talking about, and are posting for the sake of spam, please cut it out (you'll be doing my nerves a huge favor).

Cod4 "shocking" moment: nooo *insert US soldiers names here* died in the nuclear bombing, how sad

Cod6 "shocking" moment: nooo all the civilians are being brutally murdered in an airport, how sad

Cod8 "shocking" moment: nooo the little kid died in a bombing, how sad

Cod10 "shocking" moment: nooo my trusty dog has died in a cynical manner at an attempt to pull at my heartstrings, this is getting super old

I'm not even going to name off the million countless protagonist deaths that go along with it.

Every attempt at shocking or heartfelt moments after Cod4's bombing (with exception of Black Ops' twist) comes off as extremely cynical. I hope when you're referencing CoD, you're not talking about anything other than Cod4 or black ops.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Only CoD4 has something remotely depressing.