FE13 possible LTC thread

Junkhead

Since the introduction of FE13 has brought a huge wave of new fans over to SF, with "pairing/skill optimization" threads and such, I think I LTC deserves it's place here as well. I think it's a very fun idea to play around with, and it doesn't revolve around very limited setups as some people would think.

I also have a fair amount of respect towards more casual players, but I myself prefer to play like this.

Like I said before, LTC can also be played around with different setups and not the same old, fun-killing ones, like the very common Avatar/Chrom!Morgan and Lucina and Galeforce trivializations as long as one keeps the principle of aiming towards low turncounts (preferably one that's doable with their current resources, without relying on ridiculous luck).

[spoiler=LTC playthroughs]Marciaxrolf'sPKL LTC playthrough (On hold?)

Olwen's LTC playthrough (49 turns)

Soul's LTC playthrough (On hold, in progress - Paralogues and Xenologues included)

Edited by Enkidu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obligatory i was here first

obligatory I was here 4th

on a serious note though, LTC>>>>>>>min-max, one is useful while the other is basically a circlejerk

who's gonna speedrun this game first

damn it 6th, got DOUBLE sniped

Edited by shadykid

I also appreciate long-term care.

8(

As long as it's not Lunatic+ mode, yeah sure I can appreciate it too.

Lunatic LTC is gross...probably not even possible until Avatar gets really going (and that'll take many turns in the first few chapters)

on a serious note though, LTC>>>>>>>min-max, one is useful while the other is basically a circlejerk

I don't think usefulness takes place here, just...fun. LTC, for me anyway, is fun. It's a challenge to yourself and against others sometimes (see: drafts).

I don't like playing in the rules of grinding towards optimization because it's too much time-consuming, and don't think it's much of a challenge.

I don't think usefulness takes place here, just...fun. LTC, for me anyway, is fun. It's a challenge to yourself and against others sometimes (see: drafts).

I don't like playing in the rules of grinding towards optimization because it's too much time-consuming, and don't think it's much of a challenge.

speedruns are hype though

*Awakening speedrun starts*

*screws up by not turning off animations*

RESET HYPE :Kappa:

Edited by shadykid

*Awakening speedrun starts*

*screws up by not turning off animations*

RESET HYPE :Kappa:

lolwut

I only like LTC when drafting because I suck at calculating how to kill as much enemies as possible game and doing resource allocation'

Sue me

You think I actually calculate things? I just go with it until I come off with a good plan. And my resource allocation is horrid. See my run. It's that bad.

I also share the love for LTC. But I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know already!

You're missing a that.

The record stands at 33 minutes normal mode.

Overall LTC is most enjoyable in draft context. Thought it is pretty fun under other circumstances.

While we're at it- Do any of you know what LTC Mapping is? Because I don't...

Isn't that just planning out the whole thing and counting the squares.