• Astra
    • Luna
    • Sol
    • Aether
    • Vengeance
    • Lethality
    • Ignis
    • Don't use (explain why)

What I refer as an attacking skill is a skill that activates when your character is attacking an enemy unit. This does not include when your character is being attacked, which is why counter is not a decision. When it comes down to building a character, its generally not a good idea to put two of these skills together because one activates over the other.

I know its impossible to get these skills on every unit in the game, but I want to know which one you prefer to use. Example: Your avatar unit can learn all of these skills. When it comes to picking your final set of skills for streetpass, which one would you have on your unit?

I prefer to have Ignis on my character because it has a good chance to activate and does a fairly decent amount of extra damage.

Edited by PrinceLeaf

For me, it's situational. If the unit's going to be tanking damage, I prefer Sol for the sustain; if the unit needs to deal damage, I'll drop Sol for either Luna (if the enemy has decent def/res) or Ignis (if they don't)

For me, it's situational. If the unit's going to be tanking damage, I prefer Sol for the sustain; if the unit needs to deal damage, I'll drop Sol for either Luna (if the enemy has decent def/res) or Ignis (if they don't)

I can't agree more with you on this. They have their advantages over each other and activate more often than the rest. Well except for Vengeance, but I don't prefer that because you have to take damage to deal more damage.

Edited by PrinceLeaf

Streetpass:

Lethality > All. Doesn't matter anything else.

Non Apo:

Lethality > Astra = Aether > Ignis > Luna > Vengeance > Sol

Apo:

Aether > Luna > Ignis > Astra > Not Using Sol or Lethality at all (Sol is in a bad place priority wise. If it were below Ignis, I'd use it, as if all else fails, heal my ass. Unfortunately, it's above LUNA. Which is extremely problematic, as it doesn't increase damage, and my damage output is actually -hurt- by using it.)

Vengeance is in a special place. If my unit has Vantage, and is going to be Leading, or is specifically going to be attacking Anna or the Counter Archers, it's tied with Luna.

Grinding:

Lethality > Aether > Sol > Astra > Ignis > Luna > Vengeance.

And FYI: A proc stack isn't half bad, provided they don't have negative synergy, like Sol and anything else.

Aether + Luna + Ignis is a solid combo as an example. Sure Ignis will activate a measly 13.38% of the time with 71 SKL, but Aether and Luna both do more damage than Ignis, and 35% + 46.15% + 13.38% means increased damage 94.53% of the time.

Everything Said, my favorite Proc is Aether- it synergizes real well with the rest of my set up.

Edited by Airship Canon

Sol followed by Luna

Sometimes I'll have Luna for some extra damage here and there if I know I'm not gonna die

Other times like Priam's paralogue I throw my Sol!MU in there and watch me not die

I tend to do Merc->Hero->GK for my MU even in nogrind so she'll have both if I need it since if I do use Luna it'll be lategame anyway

Sol and Vengeance go nice together, but yeah you can't do any damage if you're dead, so Sol is my favorite :P

The amount of Negative Synergy with that is insanity. Sol has higher priority than Vengeance, and actively reduces the power of Vengeance.

The only Proc Stack that Sol has Positive Synergy with is Aether/Sol.

If you're gonna work with multiple procs, Synergy is a huge thing. You want your effects to be similar. Sol is dissimilar to Vengeance.

If you're gonna work with multiple procs, Synergy is a huge thing. You want your effects to be similar. Sol is dissimilar to Vengeance.

Is that really so? I enjoy using both abilities on my Morgan M with waste and i cleared Apotheosis using him mostly. I'm not trying to say that automatically makes it effective but i don't see how it causes negative synergy, i kinda want both benefits :s For me they both fairly activate evenly, i don't see Sol or Vengeance really activating more then each other.

Sol has higher priority than Vengeance

I didn't know Sol had priority over Vengeance... does it have priority over all the over abilities?

Is that really so? I enjoy using both abilities on my Morgan M with waste and i cleared Apotheosis using him mostly. I'm not trying to say that automatically makes it effective but i don't see how it causes negative synergy, i kinda want both benefits :s For me they both fairly activate evenly, i don't see Sol or Vengeance really activating more then each other.

I didn't know Sol had priority over Vengeance... does it have priority over all the over abilities?

Negative Synergy is where you've got two skills that -do not- work well with each other.

Vengeance works by taking how much damage you've received and adding half of that to your attack.

Sol heals you, which reduces the damage you've received, and there for, reduces the power of Vengeance. I.E. using them in conjunction is bad.

Sol works well with Aether, as Aether contains Sol. So, effectively, an Aether Proc IS a Sol Proc. This boosts Sol's activation rate significantly by giving you two rolls for it (one at half SKL (that also happens to boost damage), and the other at SKL%). This is positive synergy, using the two skills in conjunction is good.

Another example of positive proc synergy is the combo I posted- Aether contains Luna, so I get two rolls for Luna (One that hits twice and happens to heal for half skill) and failing to get a Luna I get a roll at another method of boosting my damage: Ignis.

Proc Priority:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance.

Vengeance can reliably hit 100% activation, and unless you're running Luna/Vengeance (which even then, is iffy, due to lower HP Vengeance being more powerful than Luna), it shouldn't be comboed with anything, as it doesn't synergize too well with other procs, although works wonders with Vantage.

Luna for me, if only because Aether and Ignis have a very limited amount of users, with Aether having a maximum of four (Chrom, Lucina, Chrom!Kjelle/Cynthia, Lucina!Morgan) and Ignis having a maximum of three. I can put Luna on a ton more people, which gives me extra damage, especially when dealing with those very pesky generals.

If usable without much drawbacks(read: tome and bow users) I like Astra the most, and since Sol has lower priority they make a good couple.

Besides using Sol with something with higher priority I dont use it much, I prefer Renewal and Lifetaker.

So overall it goes:

Aether>Ignis>Astra>Luna=Lethality>Sol=Vengeance

Sol followed by Luna

Sometimes I'll have Luna for some extra damage here and there if I know I'm not gonna die

Other times like Priam's paralogue I throw my Sol!MU in there and watch me not die

I tend to do Merc->Hero->GK for my MU even in nogrind so she'll have both if I need it since if I do use Luna it'll be lategame anyway

I do this but tactician->myrmidon->Merc->hero->GK->Grandmaster

華炎 for Ignis.

Sakura petals all the way.

...seriously Sairi/Say'ri should have had it as her personal skill. She's so freaking Japanese. Hell that A support... ha ha ha ha.

I can attest to this, my Male Avatar married her.

But it's alright, because her kawaii black-haired Swordmaster daughter has it, so it's all good.

The amount of Negative Synergy with that is insanity. Sol has higher priority than Vengeance, and actively reduces the power of Vengeance.

The only Proc Stack that Sol has Positive Synergy with is Aether/Sol.

Not if you're using it to boost Nosferatu.

Luna is never useless and generously distributed.

Ignis is devastating with Limit Breaker.

I like Vengeance builds.

During Maingame only Vaike (maybe Gaius) makes good use of Sol. Everyone else who gets it needs an Arms Scroll.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Negative Synergy is where you've got two skills that -do not- work well with each other.

Vengeance works by taking how much damage you've received and adding half of that to your attack.

Sol heals you, which reduces the damage you've received, and there for, reduces the power of Vengeance. I.E. using them in conjunction is bad.

Sol works well with Aether, as Aether contains Sol. So, effectively, an Aether Proc IS a Sol Proc. This boosts Sol's activation rate significantly by giving you two rolls for it (one at half SKL (that also happens to boost damage), and the other at SKL%). This is positive synergy, using the two skills in conjunction is good.

Another example of positive proc synergy is the combo I posted- Aether contains Luna, so I get two rolls for Luna (One that hits twice and happens to heal for half skill) and failing to get a Luna I get a roll at another method of boosting my damage: Ignis.

Proc Priority:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance.

Vengeance can reliably hit 100% activation, and unless you're running Luna/Vengeance (which even then, is iffy, due to lower HP Vengeance being more powerful than Luna), it shouldn't be comboed with anything, as it doesn't synergize too well with other procs, although works wonders with Vantage.

So wait... besides Aether/Luna and Aether/Sol, what other skill combinations have a decent amount of synergy together?

Why anyone wouldn't have Sol on every unit on their team is ridiculous. Luna does extra damage ok, but Sol (and Aether) can literally let you live for a hella long time and score extra hits which total out to more damage over time with less cool down (read, Heal time). Nosferasol tanking is even better.

Unless you're just grinding against low level scrubs. Then it's Luna->Aether->Ignis->Astra->Vengeance

Because vengeance sucks if you dodge everything

You don't really dodge in Apotheosis, and Counter Suicide allows you to fuel Vengeance

As for Sol, I don't really need Sol for Survival, while I miss some KO on some enemies, which make Luna pretty damn useful

Also you don't need dodge when Enemy Phase can be removed with "Remov Enemy phaSe from my CUtie facE" Staff

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Why anyone wouldn't have Sol on every unit on their team is ridiculous. Luna does extra damage ok, but Sol (and Aether) can literally let you live for a hella long time and score extra hits which total out to more damage over time with less cool down (read, Heal time). Nosferasol tanking is even better.

Unless you're just grinding against low level scrubs. Then it's Luna->Aether->Ignis->Astra->Vengeance

Because vengeance sucks if you dodge everything

Why not both? I can't think of a single first-gen, non-Avatar, non-Chrom unit that can't learn both Sol AND Luna. So it's not difficult to match up some Luna/Sol bearing mothers with their counterparts and psuedo-Aether the hell out of everything.