Are Great Knights actually useful?

It's especially ridiculous when you have femu greatknight finish off Grima

I mean I like butts and all but great knight should not be a class for butts

but fuck I like the stats/axes so I use it anyway

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yeah well they are REALLY versatile thanks to full weapon-triangle, and indeed almost no physical weapons will hurt great knights.(beast things are rare so not really a problem)

But THAT RES...Even maxed isn't enough to survive powerful sages/sorcerers, and bad speed won't help...

And late-game is really full of magic-users.

Keep them as partners. Dual guard + and high def almost screams 'Hey I wanna be a shield-partner' ,but again, against physiscal units.

In the end, great knights are just mediocre. There's too much powerful magic-users out there :/:

... Then my skirmishes must be rigged against me, because I find so many forged Beast Killers it's not funny. :\

Ikr They messed my whole mentality up. Especially skirmishes at Chapter 12 :sob:

Ikr They messed my whole mentality up. Especially skirmishes at Chapter 12 :sob:

A good 90% of my skirmishes are in Valm/lower Plegia, so I get most of the mid-to-endgame chapters. If I get Paladins/Generals/Great Knights, I'm bound to see nothing but forged Silvers and Beast Killers. :\

Thank GOD Maribelle knows how to dodge.

The armor is hideous. D8; Same with Hero, I get the skill I want, then as soon as I reach Level 10 I am outta there. (Unless I'm aiming for DG+ or Axebreaker).

No offense, but how do heroes suck? I use like five on my team (Inigo, Severa, Kjelle, Donnel, Priam).

If you guys think Great Knights have bad speed and res, Generals have worse. I almost never used those in FE. Gatrie is the only one I ever seriously used (because he was damn good for one).

No offense, but how do heroes suck? I use like five on my team (Inigo, Severa, Kjelle, Donnel, Priam).

She is saying she doesn't like how they look.

If you guys think Great Knights have bad speed and res, Generals have worse. I almost never used those in FE. Gatrie is the only one I ever seriously used (because he was damn good for one).

All the more reason to go back to FE10 Generals and Great Knights, or even FE8.

Great Knights tie with 5 other classes for worst Resistance cap in the game, and ONLY beat Generals speed cap wise.

All the more reason to go back to FE10 Generals and Great Knights, or even FE8.

Spoken like someone who doesn't get that it's going to take more than WTC to make Generals viable.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Great Knights tie with 5 other classes for worst Resistance cap in the game, and ONLY beat Generals speed cap wise.

Spoken like someone who doesn't get that it's going to take more than WTC to make Generals viable.

Yeah, Generals need a serious overall to be worth more than they are now.

And GKs tie with five others for worst resistance? Huh. Do you know which five?

Yeah, Generals need a serious overall to be worth more than they are now.

And GKs tie with five others for worst resistance? Huh. Do you know which five?

Bow Knights, Wyvern Lords, Griffon Riders, Assassins and Berserkers share the Great Knight's resistance cap of 30.

Bow Knights, Wyvern Lords, Griffon Riders, Assassins and Berserkers share the Great Knight's resistance cap of 30.

Good to know! Thank you.

That kind of sucks. Chrom, Kellam, Cherche and Vaike are just absolutely resistance-screwed then...

Well, I don't care that much about their Res Cap, because no Physical units will reastically max Res anyway.

That Speed is pretty bad.

But one thing that wasn't say yet... Luna is Great, but GK are the worst user of Luna. Their Skill is absolutely Horrendous. Even Worse than Berserker's (By 1 point).

So, they have a great Def, Great Attack, Full WTC, great skills.

However every other skill except Strength and Def is the worst or 2nd worse (Speed).

Well, I don't care that much about their Res Cap, because no Physical units will reastically max Res anyway.

That Speed is pretty bad.

But one thing that wasn't say yet... Luna is Great, but GK are the worst user of Luna. Their Skill is absolutely Horrendous. Even Worse than Berserker's (By 1 point).

So, they have a great Def, Great Attack, Full WTC, great skills.

However every other skill except Strength and Def is the worst or 2nd worse (Speed).

Their skill isn't that bad? It's higher than Berserkers, actually, not lower (6 base instead of 5), although yeah their growth is bad. They use it better than say, War Clerics and most magic users (because RES tends to be lower), but really a few points of skill isn't a big issue.

Good to know! Thank you.

That kind of sucks. Chrom, Kellam, Cherche and Vaike are just absolutely resistance-screwed then...

Chechen has Troub line though, for res+2 and Res caps, and the guys have Dread Fighter for +10 Res

• 7 months later...

I don't normally like them, the armor is ugly and I love speedy units like Peggy Knights and Myrmidons. I recently married Walhart though and Morgan is a little angel of destruction on the enemy. He's a great knight with Conquest so I can send him out into the fray and not worry about effective weapons. He also has Res +10 to patch up his low Res.