"A is not Adequate".

That's the most basic way to look at it.

Simply put: 90% fails quite frequently. [1:10 failure]

80% fails twice as much as 90%. [1:5]

It's simply... inadequate to use anything but S supports.

Edited by Airship Canon

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Virion!Yarne already been discussed?

I calculated the 100% Dual Strike threshold for Sniper(Assassin)/Virion!Yarne@Sniper.

Virion!Yarne's wife should have Skl+3 or higher if she just equipped LB. Skl+1 if she had All+2.

The formula:

(100-60)*4 = [48(Sniper)+5(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(All+2)+2(Skl+2)+2(Tonic)] +8(Sniper's duel bonus) + [48(Sniper/Assassin)+X(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(Tonic)]

160 = 79 + 8 + (70+X) = 157+X

X = 3

Available common wives' X:

Stahl!Severa: 4

Lon'qu!Severa: 6

Ricken!Severa: 3

Chrom!Cynthia: 4

Donnel!Kjelle: 2

Gaius!Kjelle: 5

Donnel!Noire: -1

Gaius!Noire: 2

Lucina!Morgan: 3~4 (supposed MaMU is +Mag -Def)

Lon'qu!Severa!Morgan: 8 (supposed MaMU is +Spd -Def)

FeMU(+Str/+Spd): 2

FeMU(+Skl): 4

Actually we have many girls available to pair up with this Yarne for pratical 100% DS.

Then let me try calculating Virion!Nah:

(100-60)*4 = [48(Sniper)+2(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(All+2)+2(Skl+2)+2(Tonic)] +8(Sniper's duel bonus) + [48(Sniper/Assassin)+Y(mods)+10(LB)+10(rallies)+2(Tonic)]

160 = 76 + 8 + (70+Y) = 154+Y

Y = 6

Available common husbands' Y:

Owain: 0~1

Inigo: 2~4

Brady: 3~5

Vaike!Gerome!Morgan: 3

Chrom!Inigo!Morgan: 3~7

MaMU(+Str/+Spd): 2

MaMU(+Skl): 4

That means it's very difficult to find a common boy to pair up with this Nah for pratical 100% DS.

Edited by MelonGx

Arright, here's my pairing list so far for a Classic Lunatic run:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Sully x Libra

Olivia x Virion

Nowi x Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu

And the undecided ones:

Cherche x (either Gregor or Stahl)

Cordelia x (Stahl, Frederick, or Kellam)

Panne x (either Frederick or Stahl)

F!Robin x ???

Robin's asset is Speed and her flaw is Luck. Any suggestions?

Airship canon will recommend you marry second gen, though as for who, I couldn't guess myself. Pairing with a non-Galeforce dude might be good, but don't quote me on that.

I hear most people advise pairing Panne with Frederick, since Yarne doesn't really care about getting passed much, he mostly has a good amount of stuff work with from Panne, apparently; then it's probably Cordelia x Stahl and Cherche x Gregor.

People will probably recommend that you change a few of your pairings, like Nowi x Donnel, but I'll leave that to someone else.

Virion should never be first pick for almost any pairing setup. Stahl is a much better parent for Inigo; Donnel and Sully as a rule of thumb should always be paired. (Libra is a good parent for Inigo as well). Also, Cordelia should marry either Stahl or Lon'qu, borderline Ricken. Panne and Cherche are good with Gregor, Frederick or Kellam. Miriel should just marry anyone without a -MAG mod if Henry, Ricken and Libra are all used up. (So Kellam or Virion in this case) F!Robin should marry a second gen given that you are going ChromxSumia.

Virion should never be first pick for almost any pairing setup. Stahl is a much better parent for Inigo; Donnel and Sully as a rule of thumb should always be paired. (Libra is a good parent for Inigo as well). Also, Cordelia should marry either Stahl or Lon'qu, borderline Ricken. Panne and Cherche are good with Gregor, Frederick or Kellam. Miriel should just marry anyone without a -MAG mod if Henry, Ricken and Libra are all used up. (So Kellam or Virion in this case) F!Robin should marry a second gen given that you are going ChromxSumia.

Virion has solid use for Nah.[The Yarne point isn't that big since, Yarne is a guy. Nah has to be with a Galeboy to be useful, since she doesn't do well with Gale [and it's not efficient/it's suboptimal to put her in a position where she could].]

Miriel should marry a guy with Myrmidon and that's basically it.

And yes, F!Robin should be with a second gen.

Lucina doesn't use MU inheritance at all. [Well, she does grab Galeforce, but she has three other mothers who give her that.]

Chrom!Morgan is literally the worst M!Morgan, and you don't get 7 2nd Gen Marriages. So it's a solid trade down.

As for who, well, +SPD/-LCK can be used for a speed stack, but it's a global usage one. Most of the second gen guys work well with it, and unlike M!Robin having Lucina as a priority choice, F!Robin's Morgan doesn't have any special skills [well, son-of-Chrom could offer RFK, but RFK is a trash-tier skill outside of Streetpass really], it's all up to mods- and with a +SPD/-LCK set, well... that's basically anyone. As far as it goes, Gale/No Gale on F!Robin's partner, doesn't matter: She gets the skill. [M!Robin doesn't, so to make use of him, he needs a wife with it.]

So how about this, then? (Bold means I changed it.)

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Henry

Tharja x Gaius

Sully x Donnel

Olivia x Stahl

Nowi x Kellam

Miriel x Lon'qu

Which makes the others

Cherche x Gregor

Cordelia x Vaike

Panne x Frederick

F!Robin x Virion

This way, Severa becomes a powerhouse. I'm thinking Nah would make for a fantastic tank or supporting unit with Kellam's stat modifiers. And Morgan gets to run circles around everyone. EDIT: I forgot to consider Gen 2 matches for Robin. I'll probably change my mind later.

Edited by TheBattyOne

Cordelia x Vaike: It's OK for Severa's basic usage, but no more extension.

For Severa's extending usage, she need either of the following things:

(1) Vantage to be VV tank for non-Apotheosis use

(2) Tomefaire to make Severa's Dark Flier useful since magical output > physical output in average on Apotheosis

(3) Lancebreaker & Spd+5 to be able to perform a non-DLC-skill challenge on Apotheosis, and much more convenient for common play that she could battle with the Apo enemies without rally.

FeMU x not only Virion but also all the other 1st Gen, is much more awful than marrying Chrom.

Since at least Chrom provides an Armsthrifted Lucina, and one more 100% Dual Strike single Galeforce pair, but other 1-gens give absolutely no benefits.

Cordelia x Vaike: It's OK for Severa's basic usage, but no more extension.

For Severa's extending usage, she need either of the following things:

(1) Vantage to be VV tank for non-Apotheosis use

(2) Tomefaire to make Severa's Dark Flier useful since magical output > physical output in average on Apotheosis

(3) Lancebreaker & Spd+5 to be able to perform a non-DLC-skill challenge on Apotheosis, and much more convenient for common play that she could battle with the Apo enemies without rally.

FeMU x not only Virion but also all the other 1st Gen, is much more awful than marrying Chrom.

Since at least Chrom provides an Armsthrifted Lucina, and one more 100% Dual Strike single Galeforce pair, but other 1-gens give absolutely no benefits.

Chrom can hit 100% Dual Strike with any of his wives.

Lucina doesn't really benefit from AT [since it's AT.]

Morgan still get shafted hard from Chrom/FeMU.

Gen 1s are pretty much strictly worse than Gen 2s, but Morgan gets bland mods [2nd only to Donnel for worst in that regard], doesn't get anything beneficial [RFK sucks], and is locked out of marrying Lucina.

Chrom!Morgan is the worst male Morgan, hands down.

So if someone playing with a FeMU wants to marry first gen, who do you recommend they go for? Chrom!Morgan might not be the greatest, but Robin!Lucina should be getting some pretty good mods out of the deal.

I'd recommend a Spotpass Six member amongst Gen 1s.

Walhart and his +4 Mods, Priam, or Yen'fay.

Olivia x Chrom

Nowi x Gaidus

Tharja x Don

Lissa x Ricken

Sully x Vaike

Cordelia x Stahl

Miriel x Lonqu

Cherche x Fred

Panne x Gregor

Sumia x Henry

Maribelle x Libra

MMU x ??? (Can't think of anyone for my avatar)

Thats my current pairings. I am not sure how optimal it will be... but it would be great to hear some feedback from the community.

Also what skills should I pass down? Other then galeforce...

Edited by babo

Inigo can use Vengeance as well thanks to his natural Galeforce/Vantage, but Virion doesn't offer either of those... You get Sage, Bowfaire to go on Assassin and can be an Axefaire Wyvern Lord if bulky fliers float your boat, but with Astra as your best proc you'll be overshadowed by most of your other units. It still works (you still get Galeforce/Agg) just not nearly as well.

Olivia x Chrom OK.
Nowi x Gaidus Gaius goes better with Tharja since Nah doesn't have a proc to make use of Galeforce with.
Tharja x Don Noire won't get Vantage to go with her Vengeance and will have negative Skl for Luna/
Lissa x Ricken OK.
Sully x Vaike Vaike doesn't give Kjelle anything useful except a +3 Str mod.
Cordelia x Stahl OK, but without Tomefaire Severa will be outperformed by Sumia.
Miriel x Lonqu OK, depends on who Laurent marries.
Cherche x Fred No Berserker on Gerome is bad, use Vaike/Henry/Gregor instead.
Panne x Gregor Yarne only needs Str mods and has no use for much of Gregor's assets, good if Gregor has nothing better to do.
Sumia x Henry OK.
Maribelle x Libra OK.

MMU x ??? (Can't think of any wife for my avatar. Maybe I will make 3rd gen Morgan or something.)

Thats my current pairings. Can anyone tell me if I should change anything?

Also what skills should I pass down? Other then galeforce...

3rd Gen Morgan is, in almost all minmax cases, superior to 2nd gen because you get an extra 2nd gen Galepair out of the deal. Skills to pass down down: Females always pass Galeforce to males when possible, otherwise DS+/doesn't matter. Males should pass Females Counter for Streetpass, Axefaire if you have any plans of putting them in an Axe class (usually Hero), Sol/Axebreaker from Gaius, and Despoil if you know you have no use for any of the other skills. Panne should pass down Swordbreaker or Str+2 unless she marries Fred in which case it doesn't matter. All same-gender relationships or ones where the classes are the same don't matter, but passing Veteran from Avatar if you didn't marry Lucina can speed up grinding a little bit.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Fiddled around a bit. I can't think of anyone for last 3 characters. Good lord this is tougher than I remember 6 months ago.

Olivia x Chrom

Lissa x Ricken

Sumia x Henry

Maribelle x Libra

Cherche x Vaike

Sully x Donnel

Cordelia x Lon'Qu

Tharja x Gaius

Panne x

Miriel x

Nowi x

I just want to throw out Stahl x Miriel as an alternative option for Laurent, since otherwise you won't be using Stahl as a parent (and apparently he's desirable for that from what I hear). I'm sketchy on the reasons, but it's something else to consider. I think that makes him a good Supporter (something he's suited for anyway due to no Galeforce).

I just want to throw out Stahl x Miriel as an alternative option for Laurent, since otherwise you won't be using Stahl as a parent (and apparently he's desirable for that from what I hear). I'm sketchy on the reasons, but it's something else to consider. I think that makes him a good Supporter (something he's suited for anyway due to no Galeforce).

1) If he wants Armsthrift on Laurent, Gregor is the only choice.

2) Vantage + Vengeance can be forward.

For Miriel,

Stahl: Just provides a Vantage.

Lon'qu: Vantage and Mag+4 Spd+5. Throw a Dark Flier and rally the pair, Lon'qu!Laurent will have a native 75 Spd to double anything.

Gregor: Vantage and Armsthrift.

Edited by MelonGx

So, what skill should Donnel pass down to Nah? I'm thinking of passing either Aptitude, Underdog or Counter. I'm going to keep her as a Manakete for her final class, btw.

Same for Gaius!Noire, should I pass her Wrath or Counter or something else?

Also, is marrying Priam to my +Str,-Lck f!Robin a good idea?

Edited by Azura

May as well pass aptitude to speed up training, none of them are critical though. For Gaius!Noire, you could pass counter if you are determined to pass something unique, but there is nothing you will be using in a final skillset anyway.

You could get more value (for Morgan) out of marrying a 2nd gen marriage (Priam gives +4 str +2 skill +1 speed, Vaike!Gerome gives 7 str +1 skill/speed, Vaike!Yarne gives 6/4/5 for example) as well as balance out 2nd gen marriages (Femu x Priam means you have 7 male kids and 6 female). Priam is fine though.

Stahl!Severa is completely fine. There are much better V/V'ers than Severa (MaMu, Laurent, Owain, Inigo etc.), you don't need to dodgetank, even Ricken/Virion are better for Dark Flier Severa and Severa is one of your best bets to run physical (which at least 2, normally 3 females should be doing anyway).

Edited by CoolCoolCool

The best class for Stahl!Severa is either Assassin or Sniper.

Throw a Berserker and a Spd+2/All+2/Tonic to Sniper!Stahl!Severa, rally the pair, she'll have 75 Spd to double attack and ORKO Anna with Longbow.

But Virion!Severa does it better since she'll have a native 75 Spd.

Lon'qu!Severa doesn't achieve the Sniper usage. But by throwing her a Berserker, she has a high enough Spd to double non-boss enemies without either rally or Limit Breaker.

Edited by MelonGx