While Gaius!Noire is probably the best one in a vacuum, she doesn't really bring anything unique to the table. Donnel!Noire isn't particularly good, but Donnel makes anyone lackluster. As I said before Noire missing out on GF isn't a huge deal. I would rather have two units with good stats and one with Galeforce than two units with Galeforce and one with good stats that aren't used particularly well.

Eh.... Like I said before I think even if I gave Gaius to Kjelle I'd still give Donnel to Noire - I'd rather have a "second rate gf lead" than a female hard support because the lack of aggressor makes it much less impressive.

Edited by ckc22

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... This looks great guys. Thank you!

Chrom!Cynthia (Dark Flier) X Virion!Brady (Sage)

Sumia!Lucina (Sniper) X Vaike!Gerome (Berzerker)

Henry!Nah (Valkyrie) X Ricken!Owain (Dread Fighter)

Gaius!Kjelle (Paladin) X Libra!Inigo (Berzerker)

Donnel!Noire Back-Up(Sniper) X Stahl!Yarne (Assassin)

Lon'Qu!Severa (Wyvern Lord AS+2) X Avatar (Paladin)

Severa!Morgan (Sage) X Gregor!Laurent (Sage)

Edited by Epsilon

Eh.... Like I said before I think even if I gave Gaius to Kjelle I'd still give Donnel to Noire - I'd rather have a "second rate gf lead" than a female hard support because the lack of aggressor makes it much less impressive.

What if it's a choice between two second-rate leads and one first-rate lead and an extra Staffbot?

What if it's a choice between two second-rate leads and one first-rate lead and an extra Staffbot?

Not sure I understand? Donnel!Noire can be a second rate lead or a staffbot. I was saying in Noire's case I'd prefer donnel over other fathers even if I gave Kjelle gaius.

Hmmm... This looks great guys. Thank you!

Chrom!Cynthia (Dark Flier) X Virion!Brady (Sage)

Sumia!Lucina (Sniper) X Vaike!Gerome (Berzerker)

Henry!Nah (Valkyrie) X Ricken!Owain (Dread Fighter)

Gaius!Kjelle (Paladin) X Libra!Inigo (Berzerker)

Donnel!Noire Back-Up(Sniper) X Stahl!Yarne (Assassin)

Lon'Qu!Severa (Wyvern Lord AS+2) X Avatar (Paladin)

Severa!Morgan (Sage) X Gregor!Laurent (Sage)

Are all your parent pairings COMPLETELY locked in? (Just want to make sure) If not, you should try swapping Vaike and Henry. Henry!Gerome and Vaike!Nah sounds a lot better than Vaike!Gerome and Henry!Nah to me.

I would recommend pairing Gerome to Noire, Inigo to Lucina, and Yarne to Kjelle. I think you'll get a lot more mileage out of Stahl!Yarne x Gaius!Kjelle than other alternatives, giving Libra!Inigo to Lucina gives you the option of having Sage x DF (Gerome can go sage, I guess, but it's not really that great of an idea.), and Noire x Gerome honestly sacrifices nothing compared to the other children, Stahl!Yarne is just way too good to be wasted on Donnel!Noire. You can make Noire a Sniper and have Gerome as a 'Zerker, Gerome will probably suffer some hitrate issues but at least he'll hit hard and Noire will get some extra SPD and a lot of STR.

Edited by Diabeasty

No, you could bench Noire and use her space for a Staffbot. Deployment spaces are in high demand in Apo.

I realize that. I like making kids the best I can regardless of whether or not they'll be deployed in Apo...

Are all your parent pairings COMPLETELY locked in? (Just want to make sure) If not, you should try swapping Vaike and Henry. Henry!Gerome and Vaike!Nah sounds a lot better than Vaike!Gerome and Henry!Nah to me.

I would recommend pairing Gerome to Noire, Inigo to Lucina, and Yarne to Kjelle. I think you'll get a lot more mileage out of Stahl!Yarne x Gaius!Kjelle than other alternatives, giving Libra!Inigo to Lucina gives you the option of having Sage x DF (Gerome can go sage, I guess, but it's not really that great of an idea.), and Noire x Gerome honestly sacrifices nothing compared to the other children, Stahl!Yarne is just way too good to be wasted on Donnel!Noire. You can make Noire a Sniper and have Gerome as a 'Zerker, Gerome will probably suffer some hitrate issues but at least he'll hit hard and Noire will get some extra SPD and a lot of STR.

Thanks. I just want to try out Henry (Magical) Nah. I'll keep your advice in mind.

Hmmm.. It would probably be good idea to change the pairings now that I think about it. Plus Inigo would give me VV, though I'm really unsure about that.

So just started up my lunatic run again having started multiple but I never like my pairings and end up restarting. So I guess my question is what are some of your guy's favorite pairings?

Chrom x Sully

Lon'qu!Laurent is always good.

Henry!Gerome is nice (only AF Gerome with access to a decent +Hit skill)

And as aforementioned, Chrom x Sumia is top drawer.

Lunatic gets easier the fewer pairs you use. You won't be able to run a full team there, so no need to go all out- two or three will be plenty. Gregor x Miriel is pretty great though for both ingame and postgame, though.

hmmm I've read around 30 pages and so far I'm seeing a lot of anti chrom x (f)mu based on the fact that morgan will lose some overall stats....but with chrim being that S pairing couldn't that make up for the overall stat loss?

idk just thinking out loud... feel free to tear me a new one if you disagree

Lunatic gets easier the fewer pairs you use. You won't be able to run a full team there, so no need to go all out- two or three will be plenty. Gregor x Miriel is pretty great though for both ingame and postgame, though.

Wait really? I thought you HAD to pair up to beat appo on lunatic.

How good is a +MagAvatar!Brady? Passing down Veteran to Brady seems intriguing along with passing down DualSupport+ to Morgan (and Brady as well).

What options does that open up for the both of them having Ds+?

Just how bad are Walhart and Priam compared to Lonqu!Yarne as far as getting an optimized Morgan?

hmmm I've read around 30 pages and so far I'm seeing a lot of anti chrom x (f)mu based on the fact that morgan will lose some overall stats....but with chrim being that S pairing couldn't that make up for the overall stat loss?

30 pages near the start of the topic or near the end? The start is really old and irrelevant.

Going for Chrom x Avatar over Chrom x Sumia is basically a trade between making Chrom and Lucina a little better and making Cynthia and Morgan a lot better. on the one hand, you can give Lucina a sizable boost to her otherwise quite low Str/Mag stats and upgrade Chrom's wife from merely very good to best in class... On the other, you can make Cynthia exceptional and prevent Henry from being locked to her (which in turn greatly restricts the rest of your team, since he's such an important father), while also giving Morgan a bigger stat boost than Lucina would be getting anyway. Lucina loses a bit of offense but doesn't care anyway because she's already so good, and Chrom's wife goes down one tier.

Wait really? I thought you HAD to pair up to beat appo on lunatic.

Lunatic ingame. Apo isn't affected by difficulty, and even then pairing up isn't mandatory- people have beaten it with no RNG without pairup and a ton of other restrictions on top of that many times before.

But I said Lunatic is easier using fewer pairs, not by not pairing up, so I'm not sure where you even got that.

How good is a +MagAvatar!Brady? Passing down Veteran to Brady seems intriguing along with passing down DualSupport+ to Morgan (and Brady as well).

What options does that open up for the both of them having Ds+?

Just how bad are Walhart and Priam compared to Lonqu!Yarne as far as getting an optimized Morgan?

Ingame, utterly useless thanks to coming with no useful weapon ranks or base class skills, and since Morgan gets the same treatment she's ruined by proxy as well. Postgame they're OK, but...

DSp+ is a thing for drop-in hard supports who want to make someone good immediately and then be permanently put on the backburner like Owain, not future powerhouses with Veteran. Particularly, passing it over GF will hurt Brady's long-term prospects, specifically for postgame. Don't confuse DSp+ with Lucina's DSt+, which really is the best thing ever.

Walhart is pretty good for +Str/Skl, Priam is OK for +Spd. However Walhart has a significant lack of faires and good supporting classes to back Avatar up with, so while Morgan may turn out fine his parents won't do so well.

Kay. Gotcha.

So dual support+ is a no go. Hrmmm.

What skills (and class) should a female Avatar have (Other than GF and LB) if I want to use her as a lead?

It kinda sucks MAvatar is stuck as a hard support,which leads me into my next question.

Is it possible to turn some of the parents (including Avatar) and/or children into staffbots? Or is it best to just get some spotpass units for that?

Avatar-F usually runs LB/GF/Ignis/Luna/Faire in any common lead class (DF, Sniper etc).

Being a hard support isn't bad at all, they're way more potent supports than Galeboys and Avatar-M is among the best. I'd take an exceptional hard support over an average Galeboy.

You can make parents staffbots but there's really no point outside of aesthetics. Then again, it's not like a few points off their range will cost you the game, so pretty much any female can be one. Males are bad at staff duty however due to not having any 8 Mov staff classes, so don't bother with them.

Chrom/Sumia.

To put it in simple terms, you get 3 Aether units (Cynthia/Lucina/Chrom).

With Chrom/Olivia Inigo inherits Rightful King which is...significantly worse than Aether.

And Inigo is still....meh. While if Chrom is on Cynthia she goes from meh to Holy Smokes Aether so good.

Edited by DukeC