*snip*

Inigo; give him luna, aggessor, LG, GF, and AT. Class should be hero.

noted on Inigo, but if I go Henry!Brady, what do I do for Cynthia? Although I suppose making Brady magic based is probably best since I seem to be lacking in magic supports, and matching attributes for pairup bonuses is probably a good idea.

As tempting as all of the dragons is for Morgan, doesn't that kinda screw the pairing of the children? I mean, There are 7 girls and 6 guys, so if MaMU doesn't go 2nd gen, someone gets screwed out of a pairing, although I'll admit 2 good kids appeals to me more than 1 great kid. Even if it DOES have to be Nah (I will never forgive you for that damn chapter. Even if the problem WAS bringing underleveled people to grow them.) On that note, for pairing everyone up...

I just realized that Severa's my only physical lead. Well, that makes things a bit more challenging. Am I overestimating the importance of matching them by mutual attack stat, or should I mix up the lead/support dynamic a bit?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh. Forgot about her. Yeah, you want Henry!Cynthia. Virion/Maribelle is surprisingly good, so you'll want that. Children pairings don't really matter, so if one is out, nobody really cares. How is Severa your only physical lead? Gerome, Kjelle, Inigo, Yarne, Morgan, and Nah should all be physical, and at least Inigo, Nah, Morgan, and Kjelle should be leading.

Doh. Forgot about her. Yeah, you want Henry!Cynthia. Virion/Maribelle is surprisingly good, so you'll want that. Children pairings don't really matter, so if one is out, nobody really cares. How is Severa your only physical lead? Gerome, Kjelle, Inigo, Yarne, Morgan, and Nah should all be physical, and at least Inigo, Nah, Morgan, and Kjelle should be leading.

Well, the way I determined if someone was going to lead or not was whether or not they could get VV, since I imagined I'd want my leads to be the ones who'd have the best chance of taking people out, and VV minimizes the chance of getting killed (since I doubt anything's going to do more than 80 damage in one round) and then they have guaranteed Vengence with the x2 skill activation. And I also figured that I'd want 1-2 braves on all my leaders to maximize their ability to counter and kill before they get shot at. So beyond Severa, who someone talked me down into making her a hero with Helswath, none of my leads were physical. That said, things get much easier if I just stick to Vantage, as well as if Nah/Morgan are leads. It still means that I have no MALE physical leads though. Although if I replace Kellam with Stahl, then Yarne gets Vantage Luna, which is...somewhat reliable for staying safe while leading...I think?

Don't do Henry!Brady, simply because Henry!Cynthia is so much better than the other options.

I just realized that Severa's my only physical lead. Well, that makes things a bit more challenging. Am I overestimating the importance of matching them by mutual attack stat, or should I mix up the lead/support dynamic a bit?

What do you mean by mutual attack stats?

And honestly you'll be getting like a 90% Dual Strike rate with married pairs, so if the support is physical you should be getting enough attacks from them. I would argue that you're significantly better off having the lead wielding a Tome, for reasons I'll explain below. And if units don't have Brave weapons, you're doing it wrong.

I disagree.

Magic >> Physical, for multiple reasons - especially for leads.

1) No WTA to worry about

2a) Can always attack at 1-2 range - this and the nest one are the things that are extra-important for leads.

2b) Only weapon type that has a 1-2 range Brave weapon.

3) Enemies have awful Res way more than they have bad Def.

And then of those, Gerome was specified to be a support, as was Yarne. Nah should be leading, except that Manaketes are kinda bad because they have no Brave weapons, so I'm not even sure if I'd even use her. I see no reason that Kjelle has to be physical, since her Mag modifier is only 2 less than her Str, enemies have awful Res anyways, and she gets DF.

Morgan is an even better candidate, since she gets all normal female classes, and magic is so much better than physical weapons. She should be running around with a Celica's Gale murdering everything that comes near her.

Doh. Forgot about her. Yeah, you want Henry!Cynthia. Virion/Maribelle is surprisingly good, so you'll want that.

Just because someone is surprising good doesn't mean they're the best choice. In this case it doesn't make all that important, though, since it's Brady and he's already good.

EDIT:

Well, the way I determined if someone was going to lead or not was whether or not they could get VV, since I imagined I'd want my leads to be the ones who'd have the best chance of taking people out, and VV minimizes the chance of getting killed (since I doubt anything's going to do more than 80 damage in one round) and then they have guaranteed Vengence with the x2 skill activation. And I also figured that I'd want 1-2 braves on all my leaders to maximize their ability to counter and kill before they get shot at. So beyond Severa, who someone talked me down into making her a hero with Helswath, none of my leads were physical. That said, things get much easier if I just stick to Vantage, as well as if Nah/Morgan are leads. It still means that I have no MALE physical leads though. Although if I replace Kellam with Stahl, then Yarne gets Vantage Luna, which is...somewhat reliable for staying safe while leading...I think?

Vantage-Vengeance is good, but it's not the end-all-be-all. Just Luna + GF is very good for taking out threats and getting to safety.

I'd say Nah is a lead only because she's even worse as a support, from what I know (although I basically never use Nah, so I don't know much about how to use a Manakete like her optimally).

I don't see why the gender of the lead matters.

Edited by Euklyd

Don't do Henry!Brady, simply because Henry!Cynthia is so much better than the other options.

What do you mean by mutual attack stats?

And honestly you'll be getting like a 90% Dual Strike rate with married pairs, so if the support is physical you should be getting enough attacks from them. I would argue that you're significantly better off having the lead wielding a Tome, for reasons I'll explain below. And if units don't have Brave weapons, you're doing it wrong.

I disagree.

Magic >> Physical, for multiple reasons - especially for leads.

1) No WTA to worry about

2a) Can always attack at 1-2 range - this and the nest one are the things that are extra-important for leads.

2b) Only weapon type that has a 1-2 range Brave weapon.

3) Enemies have awful Res way more than they have bad Def.

And then of those, Gerome was specified to be a support, as was Yarne. Nah should be leading, except that Manaketes are kinda bad because they have no Brave weapons, so I'm not even sure if I'd even use her. I see no reason that Kjelle has to be physical, since her Mag modifier is only 2 less than her Str, enemies have awful Res anyways, and she gets DF.

Morgan is an even better candidate, since she gets all normal female classes, and magic is so much better than physical weapons. She should be running around with a Celica's Gale murdering everything that comes near her.

Just because someone is surprising good doesn't mean they're the best choice. In this case it doesn't make all that important, though, since it's Brady and he's already good.

EDIT:

Vantage-Vengeance is good, but it's not the end-all-be-all. Just Luna + GF is very good for taking out threats and getting to safety.

I'd say Nah is a lead only because she's even worse as a support, from what I know (although I basically never use Nah, so I don't know much about how to use a Manakete like her optimally).

I don't see why the gender of the lead matters.

Gender of the lead is important because then I can pair them with the opposite gender support so they can marry for maximum support bonus'. On that note, mutual attack stat is my way of referring to str and mag. is it worth it to go out of my way to ensure a phsical lead has a physical support so that the support bonus to the str stat is the highest it can possibly be? and stuff like that.

That said, I'm aware that magic is end all superior to physical, but I don't want to make everyone a mage, simply because it feels boring to make everyone the same class. I suppose I could make do with Vantage/Luna when I can't go full on VV< but I'd rather as many leads as possible wielding Vantage for when I inevitably screw up my positioning. That said, who would you suggest I promote to lead/demote to support? Lucina's the only one I think is stuck as support due to Dual Strike+

I would have suggested Lon'qu or Gregor, but IIRC they were both taken.

Yeah, but Ricken wasn't, IIRC, and Brady may as well take some extra Mag.

Well, I guess it's +2 Mag vs. +2 Skl, +2 Spd, and Wyvern Tree.

Virion is probably a bit better, yeah.

Gender of the lead is important because then I can pair them with the opposite gender support so they can marry for maximum support bonus'. On that note, mutual attack stat is my way of referring to str and mag. is it worth it to go out of my way to ensure a phsical lead has a physical support so that the support bonus to the str stat is the highest it can possibly be? and stuff like that.

That said, I'm aware that magic is end all superior to physical, but I don't want to make everyone a mage, simply because it feels boring to make everyone the same class. I suppose I could make do with Vantage/Luna when I can't go full on VV< but I'd rather as many leads as possible wielding Vantage for when I inevitably screw up my positioning. That said, who would you suggest I promote to lead/demote to support? Lucina's the only one I think is stuck as support due to Dual Strike+

Well, if all males were support and all females were leads, then things would work out.
As it is you are rather lead-heavy, so what I'd suggest would be pairing up some of the people who just have Galeforce and Luna (the hit-and-runners) so that the pair can kill two enemies before fleeing (kill an enemy, move to next enemy, swap positions, kill, run away).
And then regarding maximizing attack stats, I'm not really sure myself whether it's preferable to have the attacking stat as high as possible, or if it's better to have the partner attack with the complimentary type (like, the lead attacks with Tomes and the support with Bows or something), so I dunno.
Edited by Euklyd

hm... How about

Lucina!MaMU(I guess...?)

Brady!Noire

Kjelle!Owain

Gerome!Severa

Cynthia!Inigo

Morgan!Laurent

Yarne!Nah in the holy matromony of terrible, because I'm under the impression that I'm sticking to 12 units for postgame, and that means these two are replaced by Rallybot and someone else...damned if I know whom, though. Maybe Olivia for dancer utility.\

These pairs were made with no thought to optimization or interesting supports. I just threw them together based on keeping the Vantages separate...Wait holy crap that actually DOES work like that. I was just throwing people together at random. Sweet. Well, I have a floater Vantage I guess, so I have a bit of room to fluff things about if anyone has some ideas for supports that are enjoyable. Floater is likely MaMU who will be with anyone not named Nah, because I remain biased for petty reasons.

Edited by Lumek

I honestly don't put much - if any - thought into pairing the kids, so I'm a bad person to ask.

I sometimes don't even have the kids S-support because I'm indecisive and the benefits aren't clear-cut like the 1st-gen pairing benefits are.

Rant time: On my thread, "The most optimal pairings" I said Kellam!Yarne and Fred!Cherche. I would like to switch this. I think (assuming Yarne as Zerk) that Yarne would make better use of Fred than Cherche would. Gerome is going to be mainly a support unit, so tomefaire from Kellam can help him more than Yarne, since he could be used as a dread fighter. Yarne needs Fred's higher STR, and Gerome can make better use of Kellam's DEF. Fred also gives Yarne luna for easier sweeping as a berserker. This can let Yarne frontline and then be rescued out of danger without fear of the EP. The only thing Gerome misses from Fred is aegis, and if he is to be a support, it isn't necessary. Thoughts on this?

Rant time: On my thread, "The most optimal pairings" I said Kellam!Yarne and Fred!Cherche. I would like to switch this. I think (assuming Yarne as Zerk) that Yarne would make better use of Fred than Cherche would. Gerome is going to be mainly a support unit, so tomefaire from Kellam can help him more than Yarne, since he could be used as a dread fighter. Yarne needs Fred's higher STR, and Gerome can make better use of Kellam's DEF. Fred also gives Yarne luna for easier sweeping as a berserker. This can let Yarne frontline and then be rescued out of danger without fear of the EP. The only thing Gerome misses from Fred is aegis, and if he is to be a support, it isn't necessary. Thoughts on this?

That seems fruitful...if you want Gerome as a support. He won't REALLY miss Aegis if you get him the Resistance+10 until it levels on its own. And my Frederick!Yarne always becomes a tank. Might want to have Pass on him for those dirty situations.

Edit: God may there be a day when I'll no longer ask pairing questions.

StahlxCherche or GregorxCherche or HenryxCherche

StahlxPanne or GregorxPanne

Edited by Sorin

^ I prefer Stahl!Yarne and Gregor!Gerome (Axefaire and red hair yay!)

Rant time: On my thread, "The most optimal pairings" I said Kellam!Yarne and Fred!Cherche. I would like to switch this. I think (assuming Yarne as Zerk) that Yarne would make better use of Fred than Cherche would.

Both of them want Frederick; Kellam is basically just there to pass GK. Both stand to gain a lot from Frederick, so I think it's a pairing situation where the outcome has to be determined by the playstyle of the individual. At any rate, let's examine the pros and cons of each father/son combo.

> Gerome is going to be mainly a support unit, so tomefaire from Kellam can help him more than Yarne, since he could be used as a dread fighter.

Gerome already gets Tomefaire from Cherche. Another thing to keep in mind is that Aggressor is better than the -faire skills, but you can stack them if you are so inclined. So the presence of other DLC may drive the pairing decision.

> Yarne needs Fred's higher STR, and Gerome can make better use of Kellam's DEF.

The difference in Str/Def is 1 point. Class selection is much more important (IMO).

> Fred also gives Yarne luna for easier sweeping as a berserker. This can let Yarne frontline and then be rescued out of danger without fear of the EP.

Yarne gets Luna either way. The main difference is that with Frederick he can have -breaker skills and Deliverer at the same time.

> The only thing Gerome misses from Fred is aegis, and if he is to be a support, it isn't necessary. Thoughts on this?

Gerome also misses the Paladin class, which is irrelevant as a pair up bot because Kellam's Assassin is better, but +2 mov is certainly desirable if he's going to be in the lead, or just ferrying a Galeforcer around. As for Aegis itself, it would be nice for anyone who likes the children to end in their default classes, covering both wind and bow weaknesses. The Future Past DLC will also enforce the restriction on the NPC versions of the kids. If your team will be strong enough to keep them untouched I suppose the point is moot.

Ultimately I think that if both children are going pure support, then the pairings don't actually matter. Both of them get DG+, and neither one can use a single other thing from their fathers. The only conceivable differences are that Berserker Frederick!Yarne can have Swordbreaker and also take Deliverer to move two extra spaces on turn 1, and Gerome could be an Assassin instead of Hero for +2 Str and +1 Spd. If you are absolutely sure you're okay with having the two boys

However, if the children are going to be in the lead more than 0% of the time, I like the synergy of Frederick!Gerome's Aegis+Pavise+Sol more than whatever F!Yarne would be doing with it (Deliverer Paladin perhaps, but it would make much more sense on a Galeforce unit like Virion!Brady or Any!Kjelle).

Conclusion/TLDR: if they will be locked into support, go with Kellam!Gerome and Frederick!Yarne. If you want to keep your children in their canonical classes, do the reverse. If neither of those cases applies, then there is no simple answer, as it depends on what roles you want them to fulfill.

Not doing canonical classes because... taguel sucks. Actually, I'm not sure if I said this before, but this is so Yarne can be a frontliner. The one I'm currently using has Gregor!Yarne with LB, AT, Aggressor, Axefaire, and deliverer. Gregor supports him with Lb, Aggressor, Axefaire, AT, and AS+2.

Oh, yeah, I forgot Gerome gets sage from Cherche. Doh, I missed.

Anyway...

Stahl!Yarne and Gregor!Yarne- Stahl gives Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Luna, and DG+. Gregs gives Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, AT, and Sol.

I'm gonna say Stahl!Yarne will be mainly a support unit while Gregor!Yarne will be a frontliner. Either will work amazingly, since he gets myrmidon and another amazing class from each. So it comes down to...

Stahl!Gerome and Gregor!Gerome- Gerome should be used mainly as a support unit either way, but will function better with Axefaire and AT. It seems to me like both children want Gregor, yet only one will get him. Since Stahl gives more offensive skills and Yanre can be a better frontliner, even with Stahl as the father, you should do Stahl!Yarne and Gregor!Gerome. Pretend my above post does not exist.

> Not doing canonical classes because... taguel sucks.

Yes it does.

> Actually, I'm not sure if I said this before, but this is so Yarne can be a frontliner. The one I'm currently using has Gregor!Yarne with LB, AT, Aggressor, Axefaire, and deliverer. Gregor supports him with Lb, Aggressor, Axefaire, AT, and AS+2.

> Anyway...
Stahl!Yarne and Gregor!Yarne- Stahl gives Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Luna, and DG+. Gregs gives Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, AT, and Sol.
I'm gonna say Stahl!Yarne will be mainly a support unit while Gregor!Yarne will be a frontliner. Either will work amazingly, since he gets myrmidon and another amazing class from each. So it comes down to...

I'm a little confused on what your definition of a frontliner is. Because I remember you talking about using Rescue so you can use Yarne basically as a tactical strike. Yet wouldn't that strategy work better as a Paladin for more movement and Luna for damage? Or were you meaning a different thing?

With Stahl!Yarne the main thing you're missing out on is the extra Str from having a Gregor support, but Stahl is going to dish out some pretty excellent damage himself with aggressor, or with bows+Bowfaire to get around the weapon triangle on EP. Stahl is also the much better parent IMO if your strategy is to get a kill and then Vantage tank, thanks to DG+ along with paladin pairup bonuses or the aforementioned bow setup for himself, and with Luna on Yarne to dish out heavy damage on his lead strikes. And this is all assuming you use a father for a pairup partner, even though the males are typically more contested thanks to Avatar (M) producing a 7th female child.

> Stahl!Gerome and Gregor!Gerome- Gerome should be used mainly as a support unit either way, but will function better with Axefaire and AT. It seems to me like both children want Gregor, yet only one will get him.

I would argue that both children want Stahl (ignoring the convenience of Armsthrift) because he gives Luna for offense and Bowfaire/DG+ for support, versus Gregor himself for offense and his Berserker/Axefaire (Gerome only) and mods for support.

So that said, I think Gerome makes better use of the inferior father (Gregor), thanks to the non-redundant Berserker class and Armsthrift which is excellent in a pure support role. His innate Wyvern access also means he gets breakers for mono-weapon classes without having to sacrifice Deliverer. Meanwhile, Yarne makes better use of Stahl thanks to his superior mods that allow him to be more effective in the lead position while taking advantage of Luna.

Edited by Meteor

I think you're making more sense than I am. Sorry, I'm still a bit fuzzy because of a doctor's appointment this morning.

Anyway, it's a bit late for this, but how are my current pairings? Kinda weird to be asking this, but oh well. Class/skill suggestions? Maybe pairing suggestions?

EDIT: Redoing pairings, because I'm going to try something new (Like magic Inigo, yeah I rant about my hatred for Libra!Inigo and magic Inigo in general, but I'd like to try it once).

Chrom x Maribelle

Henry x Lissa

Libra x Olivia

Donnel x Sully

MU x Sumia

Vaike x Cordelia

Gregor x Cherche

Frederick x Panne

Ricken x Miriel

Lon'qu x Tharja

Gaius x Nowi

Inigo x Lucina

Kjelle x Gerome

Owain x Morgan

Yarne x Severa

Cynthia x Laurent

Nah x Brady

Edited by Duck

Edit: dammit you changed everything lol

Incoming wall of text...

I think you're making more sense than I am. Sorry, I'm still a bit fuzzy because of a doctor's appointment this morning.

It's all good. :) I apologize if I'm coming off a bit stern; in reality I just like debating these things! I would hate to discourage anyone.

> Anyway, it's a bit late for this, but how are my current pairings? Kinda weird to be asking this, but oh well. Class/skill suggestions? Maybe pairing suggestions?

Pretty solid overall. I would have done things a little differently but there is a lot to work with here. I am an Armsthrift fanboy so AvatarxOlivia in particular isn't my favorite. Anyway, here is what I would do if you are gunning for Apotheosis:

Gaius x Nowi (Mana!Nah)

Since Nah actually gets Galeforce *and* some speed with this pairing, she'll really want to take advantage of it. Females typically want to be Dark Fliers, and Nowi even provides Tomefaire so it's a pretty solid choice. Manakete is pretty poor for GF abusing.

DF!Nah - LB, GF, Tomefaire, 2 of (Astra/Deliverer/Vantage)

Chrom x Sumia (GL!Lucina, Paladin!Cynthia)

I like to proc stack with these girls, but it's up to you. Both of them can hit 45+ speed in almost any class which is something to take advantage of. Bow Knight/Assassin both allow you to hit around Aegis/Pavise, and Lucina can equip her Falchion.

BK!Lucina - LB, GF, RK, Aether, Luna

DF!Cynthia - LB, GF, Tomefaire, Aether, Luna

Ricken x Lissa (Sage!Owain)

Note: Owain needs All Stats+2 to hit 45 speed.

Sage!Owain - LB, GF, Aggressor, Luna, AS+2

Avatar x Olivia (Sage!Morgan, Hero!Inigo)

Class choice kinda on your Avatar's mods, but I assume you didn't pick something too physically crippling. For now I assume +0 mods. Inigo needs to be an assassin to ensure he hits the 45 speed threshold. Morgan will be a generic Dark Flier.

Assassin!Inigo - LB, GF, AT, Luna, Aggressor

DF!Morgan - LB, GF, AT, Luna, Tomefaire

Henry x Maribelle (War Monk!Brady)

War Monk is pretty awful... He's much better as a clone of Owain.

Sage!Brady - LB, GF, Aggressor, Luna, AS+2

Vaike x Sully (General, later hero!Kjelle)

I really like Bow Knight for Kjelle, actually. She'll be spending a little more time in the back thanks to no Galeforce, so the +1 Mov bonus is nice. She's still quite capable in the lead, though, so her offensive skills shouldn't be ignored.

BK!Kjelle - LB, AT, Luna, AS+2, Deliverer

Stahl x Cordelia (Hero!Severa)

It's almost too bad Severa isn't male, because Aggressor is the only thing this girl doesn't have. Due to that, the VV combo actually can make some sense to use. Also I'm in love with her red outfit so I'm not making her an Assassin. Try to hit with swords when possible, or swap out Swordfaire for AS+2.

Hero!Severa - LB, GF, AT, Luna, Swordfaire

Alternate: LB, GF, AT, Vantage, Vengeance

Fred x Cherche (Wyvern!Gerome)

Make him a Paladin and call it a day. He'll be sitting in the back a lot due to his terrible speed. You can give him Luna if you want him to see some action occasionally.

Paladin!Gerome - LB, DG+, Aggressor, AS+2, Quick Burn/DS+/Luna/Deliverer

Gregor x Panne (Zerker!Yarne)

Basic Berserker setup.

BZ!Yarne - LB, AT, Aggressor, Axefaire, Astra

Lon'qu x Miriel (Sage!Laurent)

Since he won't need to take any speed boosting skills, might as well make him hit as hard as possible.

Sage!Laurent - LB, Aggressor, Tomefaire, Astra, Deliverer

Donnel x Tharja (Dark Flier!Noire)

Noire really likes having Galeforce, and she'll need mobility to abuse it. Bow Knight works for that, and also for Aegis/Pavise circumvention. Sadly, even with AS+2 she only hits 45 speed, so she'll need an Assassin husband.

BK!Noire - LB, GF, AT, Luna, AS+2

------------------------------------

Now to pair the kids. I'll split them into magical/physical groups first:

Sage!Owain *

Sage!Brady *

Sage!Laurent

DF!Nah *

DF!Cynthia *

DF!Morgan *

Assassin!Inigo *

Paladin!Gerome

BZ!Yarne

Hero!Severa *

BK!Kjelle

BK!Lucina *

BK!Noire *

* = has Galeforce. I like to put one GF user in each pair so they can make getaways and such.

Magical: pair anyone in this category. Each boy should have 45 speed, so there are no special cases where any of the girls won't get them to the 75 Spd threshold.

Physical: someone has to go unpaired, sadly. Since Kjelle doesn't have Galeforce, I'm choosing her, but feel free to deviate from my recommendation. That leaves:

InigoxNoire - remember she needs his +4 speed pair up rather than the standard +3.

GeromexLucina - apparently people think this is boring, but her extra speed means his +2 Spd bonus is still OK. Make him a Hero if you wanna switch it up.

YarnexSevera - leftovers, but still really good.

Edited by Meteor

You're not coming off stern at all, I'm just a bit loopy. Avatar is +SKL, -DEF. 2nd gens are already paired. Inigo x Lucy, Owain x Morgan, Brady x Cynthia, Kjelle x Gerome, Laurent x Noire, Severa.

Nah- I'll consider the DF option, but she's already with Yarne, and he needs the STR boost, but I suppose he'll mainly be with Gregor.

Lucina- Bow knight? Never thought of that. I'll probably try it.

Cynthia- I'll probably switch to Dark Flier.

Owain- Yeah, he doesn't double ANYTHING.

Inigo- I'm loving hero!Inigo, but I might change to assassin.

Morgan- I'm using the infamous VV combo on her, and she can currently solo most non-rogues 3 levels, so I think she's fine.

Brady- Sage is good. What about Dread Fighter to use Henry's STR mod?

Kjelle- No GF is definitely a problem, but when I redo them, it won't be. Not to sound like a jackass, but what does BK have that hero doesn't? She'll also lose her incredibly nice axefaire to BK.

Severa- She's rocking VV.

Gerome- Paladin? All right.

Yarne- Why Astra over deliverer?

Laurent- Also VV.

Noire- Yet again, at the risk of sounding like a jackass, I still don't see the downside of Dark Flier.

So, I took another look at Libra/Olivia, and basically said, "Wait, magic Inigo? Libra x Olivia? This loopiness is worse than I thought." I'll probably use some Chrom!Inigo, because I'm not Inigo's father this time (Goes and cries). Yeah. Stuff. Also, where do you get the time to write out all these explanations?

> Inigo- I'm loving hero!Inigo, but I might change to assassin.

Hero can work, don't get me wrong. But he will probably want to pair with a female who can hit 45 speed so they can double 70 Spd enemies.

> Brady- Sage is good. What about Dread Fighter to use Henry's STR mod?

DF can't hit 45 speed, which I don't like. But it's not like it won't work at all.

> Kjelle- No GF is definitely a problem, but when I redo them, it won't be. Not to sound like a jackass, but what does BK have that hero doesn't? She'll also lose her incredibly nice axefaire to BK.

Bow Knight can avoid Aegis with swords, or Pavise with bows. Also +1 Mov is better than +2 Def. That's about it. And if you do get her Galeforce, she'll miss out on Axefaire, so in that situation it definitely makes sense.

> Yarne- Why Astra over deliverer?

Either one works... Actually you should take Swordbreaker over both of them. I forgot about that.

> Noire- Yet again, at the risk of sounding like a jackass, I still don't see the downside of Dark Flier.

Not enough Sage males, and no Tomefaire. You could have her and Nah switch roles if you want.

I recently deleted my min/max save file because I didn't love a couple of the pairings I made, and today got me thinking about what pairs I want to use once I restart. Here is what I'm considering:

Avatar (+Str -Lck) x Lissa - pretty committed to this pair.

Chrom x Olivia

Frederick x Panne

Stahl x Cherche

Vaike x Cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Gaius x Tharja

Gregor x Miriel

Henry x Sumia

(null) x Nowi - I won't be using Nah. Might use Kellam for Future Past purposes I guess.

I have been a big fan of Vaike!Nah in the past, but she won't have Galeforce or a husband, and it frees up Vaike and therefore Stahl, meaning the males without GF can shuffle around a little. This is what I'm thinking makes the most sense. Anyone have any opinions on the matter?

Virion x Nowi because blue hair

Seriously though, STR-based Owain? I always wanted to try a SM!Owain for canon purposes, but he's just so much better as a mage. Other than that, I'd say it looks good. You could switch Vaike and Stahl for ULTIMATE SUPPORT UNIT ZERKER GEROME and perfect Severa, but either way will work. And if I were to happen to do a canon/original class tree run, how's this?

Chrom x Sumia

Frederick x Lissa

Virion x Olivia (Will not change this, it's my OTP)

Gregor x Mari

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Cordelia

Stahl x Panne

Ricken x Miriel

Lon'qu x Tharja

Gaius x Nowi

Edited for Avatar x Cherche and Gregor x Mari.

Edited by Duck

Severa is easier to make perfect (while Stahl makes her perfect-perfect, Vaike!Severa is still amazing), so go with Cherche x Avatar. Gerome is a lot harder to make perfect.

or just marry 3rd-gen

Regarding the rest though, I really have no idea what you mean by "canon", so I can't help.

actually that's another reason to marry 3rd-gen: canon :P: