Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

Wales vs Iceland would be perfect.

But, may I remind you, Iceland has to overcome France and then either Germany or Italy.

Though, man.

Not even the Drangonborn can help'em there

Edited by Riptor

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could beat France, but Germany or Italy will be very hard, even for Odin's Eleven.

But you gotta root for the underdogs. Though I'm not really opposed to seeing France, Italy or Germany doing well.

In the end, i see germany winning it, even tho i want iceland to win it actually, since it gave so many nice emotions while it was beating england up. Definitely will be rooting for iceland, but my honest prediction for the final two will be Portugal-Germany

Aside from the other 4 nations that are still in the Euro (Por/Ger/Fra/Ita), I think everyone in the world wants Iceland/Wales for the finals.

But I think both Italy and Germany are too good assuming that Iceland squeaks past a French squad at home.

Wales/Italy for me. Italy's squad is quite sucky on the talent side of the game, but by god they are the best squad when it comes to applying tactics.

Yeah, reckon Wales will smash Portugal, much like how I thought Croatia and Poland would smash Portugal but, like, they actually will this time. I think it's pretty open on the other side of the draw - Germany strongest on paper, Italy wonderfully tacticked, France have the narrative, Iceland have, well, magic.

Now that the Euros have gotten to the knockouts it's actually been (mostly) pretty great.

It's been 58 fucking years since Wales have even touched an international tournament (World Cup 1958, KO'd in QF), now they've come outta nowhere and made it to the top 4 in this Euro tourney. We were pleased enough to make it out of groups, but this is beyond our expectations.

Football is a simple game. 22 men kick a ball around for 90 minutes (or 120 minutes in this case), and in the end the Germans win.

Poland 2-0 ronaldo

Wales 2-2 Belgium (3-2 aet)

Italy 2-0 Germany

France 3-1 the peoples' champions, iceland

two correct results, no scorelines on point tho

wales 4-0 nani fc, the portugallic adventure is over, big ashley williams will jump up and down on them until their ribs crack and ronaldo instagrams himself hurling his child into the seine

Germany 2-2 France (2-3 aet) but this is a really hard one to call - whoever loses will come third, whoever wins will be champions, both fairly comfortably.

besides wales annihilated belgium 3-1 who annihilated hungary 4-0 who drew with (beta, weak, fail) portugal so mathematically the result should be the glorious 7-1 this tournament has needed

Edited by Parrhesia

also feel free to suggest new chat titles every once in a while, i for one feel as though 'fuck portugal' will get its time in the limelight once their efforts in this tournament are concluded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG5u1uurPik

the final with one minute of official highlights

even though it was LOL ONE MINUTE, it was beautiful. greece's victory is maybe one of the most remarkable ones ever in the history of football.

after euro's done i would suggest the thread title to be changed to "euro 2016 was just a waste of time"

i have woken up at 4.30 fucking am to watch every fucking portugal knockout match, fucking kill me, fuck portugal