Association Football 2016-17: Força Chapecoense.

Parrhesia

And yet, Atletico Madrid came out of it with the league...

I hope they manage to do it again, too. That would be amazing, though unlikely.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mourinho period was a flop, tho. One domestic league and a domestic cup in like 3 years, with a OP squad? Shit.

To be fair, Barca were also in their prime at that point with ridiculous superpowers.

But lost both the UCL and the Copa del Rey to their rich cousins. It's difficult to say the 13/14 season was a failure for Real Madrid.

To be fair, Barca were also in their prime at that point with ridiculous superpowers.

I wouldn't say Barça were in their prime, because the team wasn't nearly as star-powered. Picking both starting 11 at that 2005/2006 El Clasico is a bit weird. On paper one could say Real was superior.

I hope they manage to do it again, too. That would be amazing, though unlikely.

and got to the ucl final. they were not a shite side.

also they brought in some pretty good players. losing costa and courtois will hurt them, yes, but el cholo will make it

UNLESS HE FUCKING BUYS TORRES

Edited by fuccboi

They lost Courtois, Filipe Luiz, Diego Costa, Sosa, Villa, Diego Ribas AND Adrián.

Mandzukic is a nice replacement, in fact he might be even better than the Spanish squad's CF, but l doubt they could get a GK of the same caliber as Courtois. It would be a very fortunate buy.

They will probably lose Miranda or Godin too (Market experts say that Mou wants Miranda at Chelsea).

Practically they've already lost most of their best player, a real shame, they were the Dortmund of Spain.

My point is that buying yet another class attacking midfielder won't suddenly guarantee the treble.

I plan to watch significantly more football this season lads and I'm looking forward to it, also to Sydney FC not being shit

Last season had Roma leading for like 8 games, but then it was all Juventus. It was nice to see Napoli and Roma at the top positions, tho. On the other hand, Milan and Internazionale were SHITE.

I hope shit season things get more balanced. And I hope Torino stays at the first division.

If I wanted to watch matches get fixed I'd head down to Melbourne.

pre-season friendlies update

Newcastle United has annihilated Sydney FC 4-0. Having seen highlights I now know why Ivan Necevski does not start in goal for us.

(he is bad, you see)

Meanwhile, Wellington Phoenix beat West Ham 2-1. ... I'm just going to let that stand for a second tbh.

Meanwhile, Bojan Krkic has moved to Stoke City from AS Roma. Its sad to see that he went from Barcelona to Stoke within 2 seasons seeing as he did have some genuine potential. However, Pedro sorta made sure that Bojan wouldnt get much playing time (at barca of course)

Meanwhile, Bojan Krkic has moved to Stoke City from AS Roma. Its sad to see that he went from Barcelona to Stoke within 2 seasons seeing as he did have some genuine potential. However, Pedro sorta made sure that Bojan wouldnt get much playing time (at barca of course)

Bojan made sure Bojan wouldn't get much playing time. He's a bottling coward IMO and will not stand up to a cold Tuesday night at the Britannia, but it will be really fucking funny.

Will he score more goals than Jozy Altidore, is the question?

EDIT: I mean people are like 'lol Stoke City' which... is fair enough, but it's a midtable club in the Premiership, one of the three roughly even best leagues in the world, and it doesn't even revert to type these days after Pulis left. If Ajax didn't want him then I can't see how he'll make his breakthrough at this standard.

edit two HOLY FUCKING SHIT HAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Parrhesia

Newcastle United has annihilated Sydney FC 4-0. Having seen highlights I now know why Ivan Necevski does not start in goal for us.

It was nice to see even Sunderland fans remembering the two Newcastle fans who died trying to get to the match on the Malaysian flight. I think they raised around £30000 for the families.

EDIT: I mean people are like 'lol Stoke City' which... is fair enough, but it's a midtable club in the Premiership, one of the three roughly even best leagues in the world, and it doesn't even revert to type these days after Pulis left. If Ajax didn't want him then I can't see how he'll make his breakthrough at this standard.

While they do decent, it's kind of the boot it up style they play that people criticize, mostly. Edited by Tryhard

Stoke is a step down from ajax mate

In terms of prestige and 'reaching European football', sure. Head to head... I don't watch enough Dutch football to say. But the Premiership is a higher standard than the Eredivisie, that's assured. One will note that wasteman Josmer Volmy 'Jozy' Altidore scores 2 goals in 58 matches in the Premiership and 39 goals in 67 in Holland.

It'd be pretty cool if Krkic's career did somehow revive itself though. I just don't imagine it'll happen.

Also Sunderland have sold Ignacio Scocco. We bought him for 3.2m in January and he played eight matches without scoring. One day, one fucking day, we'll buy a good striker who isn't crocked. (He went to Newell's Old Boys. Who I think we bought him from in the first place.)

Edited by Parrhesia

Scocco is a decent striker, as his 2013 season on Newell's showed. He made a quite nice Libertadores and a good Apertura/Clausura. He just wasn't used at all at Inter de Porto Alegre, and Sunderland did the same. Unlucky guy.

But seriously, fellas, Stoke City can't even compare to Ajax on any way. They were quite unlucky on the previous two UCLs (getting on the same group as BVB/Real in12-13 and in the same group as Milan/Barcelona in 13-14), but they are a way stronger side than Stoke.

Scocco is a decent striker, as his 2013 season on Newell's showed. He made a quite nice Libertadores and a good Apertura/Clausura. He just wasn't used at all at Inter de Porto Alegre, and Sunderland did the same. Unlucky guy.

But seriously, fellas, Stoke City can't even compare to Ajax on any way. They were quite unlucky on the previous two UCLs (getting on the same group as BVB/Real in12-13 and in the same group as Milan/Barcelona in 13-14), but they are a way stronger side than Stoke.

i think parrhesia's making a point that the premier league in general is of a higher quality than the eredivisie and therefore harder to score in

Parr whats with you and Jozy Altodore bruh

He plays for my club team and is A) amazingly shit and useless and lazy and fat and B) very overhyped in certain circles.

He was used eight times and didn't score or even really impress at all, so...

I doubt 'way stronger' is accurate, but I did just admit I can't compare them head-to-head because I don't know enough about Ajax. Stoke City, who came... I think 10th last season? And never looked in danger of relegation, and have started to actually play decent attacking football under new management, aren't really something to just scorn.

i think parrhesia's making a point that the premier league in general is of a higher quality than the eredivisie and therefore harder to score in

Yes.

The EPL has 5 or 6 great teams and the rest is just as good as the midtable teams in other leagues... Those midtable teams in the EPL never go very far in European competition when they happen to qualify to the Europa League (which is the best they can manage). Ajax would give a good fight to Tottenham IMO, no way they'd struggle with Stoke.