Awakening WTF Moments

Anacybele

I had made a similar thread a long time ago, but it's long dead now, so here's a new one. :P Had any WTF moments in Awakening? I sure have, and this one is the most notable for me.

*does her usual FrederickxAvatar pair-up*

Frederick: None shall harm you!

Kelli: *gets hit*

Me: ...Whaaat! Frederick! Dang it! I love you, but what was THAT? xP

Also, there was the time I promoted Morgan to Great Knight. He looks SO much like his father. But he goes and says "Do I look like my mother in this?" All I could imagine then was Frederick hunching over in disappointment and saying "Oh come on!" and Kelli facepalming and saying "What did my future self do to this child?" I really ought to make a comic of this someday lol.

Lastly, Stahl doesn't seem to want to dual strike/guard often at all. And he and Cordelia are MARRIED. Just...what. xP

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I saw this posted was my Awakening-related WTF moment:

tumblr_mqv5a9PEN51spaynzo1_400.gif

DAT CLIFF

Also the 0% crits in the Walhart fight, but that's not nearly as WTF.

Edited by Valhalt

Lastly, Stahl doesn't seem to want to dual strike/guard often at all. And he and Cordelia are MARRIED. Just...what. xP

Odd, for me it's the opposite. On my first Lunatic+ run, Chrom kept dual guarding Frederick in Chapter 1. So I checked the rate, which was only 5%. The dual guards were the only reason I cleared the chapter on my first try :B):

While grinding out supports, I stopped to read the Morgan recruitment conversation with Avatar x Lucina.

"Did you come from the future with Lucina?" Oh, really Avatar? Did she come from the future with her mother, who would be at the same age as her? Please explain to me how you rationalise saying that.

I have my most memorable one in my playlog but I will state it here anyways.

After 200 turns in Nah's paralogue in Lunatic+, Lucina gets killed by the boss due to Vantage+ and a 1% crit chance. The boss would have died in one attack.

I have my most memorable one in my playlog but I will state it here anyways.

After 200 turns in Nah's paralogue in Lunatic+, Lucina gets killed by the boss due to Vantage+ and a 1% crit chance. The boss would have died in one attack.

I'd probably break my 3DS after that. :P

Support Conversation between Owain and Henry:

Henry: "Wait a second. Why does OUR blood rage and boil at the drop of a hat? Lissa and I really don't seem the type to have such unruly fluids.."

I can understand Lissa... but YOU, Henry, are a different matter entirely...

My friend and I played double duel once. We went against a team that neither of us had been prepared to go up against -- Tiki's team, I think. We didn't even get past the first guy, the assassin.

What makes this funny is that if I recall correctly, my avatar, Robin, delayed the death of my friend's Ricken several times by blocking Lethality (and Astra, I think, does that assassin have Astra?) even though the battle was a lost cause.

Chapter 9, Libra appears and is fighting off Plegians on his own. I go in and saved his life, with Chrom landing two spaces away from him, and what does he do? Heads straight into the Plegians' danger zone and tries to kill a soldier and dies before I can recruit him.

This was on Hard/Classic and normally, I'd restart if someone died but Libra, you done fucked up. Sorry, but not sorry

Oh, here's one I remember: playing the Demo, Hard version.

I had Lissa paired up with Frederick and she Dual Guarded him THREE times. At 2%, mind you. The irony of seeing fragile little Lissa jump in front of Frederick to try and protect him is not lost on me.

This one, you won't believe. Paralogue 23, A hard battle but I managed to get Priam by himself. I know he has all those breaker skills, so facing him what quite a long duel, but as it dragged on, he somehow took out 2/3's of my whole team BY HIMSELF! My reaction: WTF, THIS GUY IS LITERALLY A ONE MAN ARMY!!!

Luckily, this was a casual run and I didn't lose anyone but HOT DAM!!

The most horrible WTF moment for me was when one of my unit's health is low and then he or she gets killed by a low percentage hit. And I sometimes get hit by those low hits because of the damn RNG.

Lissa Dual Guarding for Frederick.

This actually occuring:

During a streetpass:

My Severa had a 100% hit chance against an enemy Lucina.

Paired up with Gerome with a 79% Dual Strike chance.

Had a 24% chance of Astra.

If either Astra or a Dual Strike occurs, the fight's a done deal, the enemy Lucina is dead.

Had some 20% Dual Guard chance too.

Enemy Lucina was a Hero with exactly 40 SKL.

... Had a 1% Hit Chance, 1% Crit Chance.
...Had Lethality and no RFK.

I attack.

Hit. No Astra. No Dual Strike.

Enemy Lucina:

Lethality.

Critical.

Dead Severa.

Doing the math of everything: That had a 0.000218064% chance of occurrence.

Frederick Dual Guarding another mount from Astra. It's truly a sight to behold.

Everything else is from teh story, starting with chapter 7:

Robin, let me introduce you to totally trustworthy priest guy.
*10 seconds later*
OMG, we have been betrayed by totally trustwothy priest guy.

Teleporting Risen archers.

Comedy or a genuine attempt at drama? I still can't tell.

Flames on the Blue.
Did I know what would happen? Yes. Was I completly unprepared for everyone cheerfully padding themselves on the back for the biggest massacre in Fire Emblem history? Fuck, no!
For the record: The so called "Great Purge" from the Loptu Empire killed 100.000 people.
Wallhnarts army was stated to have a million troops. So an invasion force of that army would consist easily of several hundredth thousands. Micaiah's pathetic kill count of 5000 doesn't even compare
And then again when they indirectly confirmed that we were taking no prisoners here and everyone diet pathetically in the burning sea by stating that the fleet was now just the right size for the whole army.

I just couldn't believe how that whole scene went down.

Lucina figuring that matrecide is a better solution then simply asking Robin to stay home.
Even better, that I hadn't even come up with the obvisious. Robin said to Chrom that she shouldn't come along right before that scene. The sheer bluntness with which the script acknowledged how cheap it's attempts at drama is, truly astounded me.

The completely unexplained appearance of the Crusader's weapons in ch 22.

Vallidar just kinda standing there after being supposedly killed in chapter 23, with no explanation given to what happened to him in the cutscene. Since he kinda got killed and used this big desperation move and all.

Mercenary Robin shooting lightning.

Robin's completly nonsensical plan. Afterwards, I immediately restarted and set the language to Engish. This HAD to be a translation error. Turns out, it makes just as much sense in English.

Grima pulling a Barlowe and reviving himself without the MacGuffin. Again: No explanation given on how this makes any sense.

Edited by BrightBow

I have to admit that Chrom or Lissa dual guarding Frederick is quite a funky moment lol. Cause the opposite is really what's supposed to happen. XD

Edited by Anacybele