CHROM AND OLIVIA IS CANON

Meteor

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes so much sense. No wonder I find it so easy to have Chrom marry Olivia.

But wait. If Chrom married Sumia in the original timeline, wouldn't Cynthia have his hair color and Inigo have a different hair color? In fact, Inigo might not have even existed in the original timeline because of that.

Your disagreement is noted, but the overwhelming evidence > your opinion

The Avatar is an illusion, Chrom's invisible friend. You can't marry your invisible friend, bro.

Clearly you weren't on /feg/ the other night.

*...shudder*

This makes so much sense. No wonder I find it so easy to have Chrom marry Olivia.

But wait. If Chrom married Sumia in the original timeline, wouldn't Cynthia have his hair color and Inigo have a different hair color? In fact, Inigo might not have even existed in the original timeline because of that.

Virion married Olivia in the original timeline. Nobody uses him in the game, which is the altered timeline. It's funny cause I use Virion.

Or Henry. That could be another reason to why the future collapsed. Then Henry married Sumia.

The answer to this paradox is that The Timeline keeps looping until Lucina comes back after ensuring her father marries Olivia. With the correct heritage (Olivia) she can now join her strength to her father's, who has married the right woman (Olivia). Edited by Meteor

* Sumia in the opening scene -- might seem like a nod to the pairing, but actually is the reason the future collapses. Lucina comes back from the future to make sure her father marries another woman. This is why the game is not completable if Chrom marries Sumia.

How can you not complete the game if Chrom marries Sumia? How can you not beat Grima and see the credits/map records of that playthrough if they marry? That's the only issue I have with this.

wait but if in the doomed time line sumia is lucina's mother, then wouldn't making chrom marry olivia erase future lucina's existence so she wouldn't actually be able to come back and make chrom not marry sumia if she succeeded in making chrom marry olivia? so the time line would reset itself to where chrom marries sumia regardless of what happens.

besides, chrom's canon wife is village maiden, it's obvious that they love each other and the game basically shoves it in your face with the village maiden appearing in the prologue!

i mean, why else do you think chrom would run off to save that village? cause he knew village maiden was there, and how did he know that? that village was their secret rendevouz place! duh!

wait but if in the doomed time line sumia is lucina's mother, then wouldn't making chrom marry olivia erase future lucina's existence so she wouldn't actually be able to come back and make chrom not marry sumia if she succeeded in making chrom marry olivia? so the time line would reset itself to where chrom marries sumia regardless of what happens.

Talk about a grandfather paradox...

As much as I do love the pairing,

Olivia does not need to have any support conversations with Chrom to marry him. Thanks IS for forcing this pairing down my throat!

I don't see how making Olivia the hardest woman to marry is forcing it down your throat.

How can you not complete the game if Chrom marries Sumia? How can you not beat Grima and see the credits/map records of that playthrough if they marry? That's the only issue I have with this.

Well, you can still get the shitty ending.

First, you're making an assumption on how time travel works, by saying Lucina will disappear. Second, there is nothing preventing the newly born Lucina, born to Olivia, from coming back in time to chapter 13 instead of all the way back to chapter 1.

I'd like to point out that out of all of Lucina's possible siblings, Inigo is the ONLY one who has the Brand of The Exalt. There's a point for ya

Is this true? I haven't played in a while and the forgettable story has been forgotten. Do any of them get the brand, or do they all get the brand?

Is this true? I haven't played in a while and the forgettable story has been forgotten. Do any of them get the brand, or do they all get the brand?

Only Inigo does (or rather, he's the only one that actually says he does). It's in his right eye and he says it in his paralogue when recruited by Chrom

Edited by Hero-King

You probably thought you could beat the game if Chrom and Sumia got married, too. Don't worry, we all make mistakes.

...I know this is supposed to be a joke, but seriously? That's a little rude, isn't it? (Or maybe I'm sensitive)

I think he's talking about a particular edit to Inigo's official artwork. Courtesy of yours truly, of course.

Ah, I see. Wow... that's a good coloring job.

As much as I do love the pairing,

I don't see how making Olivia the hardest woman to marry is forcing it down your throat.

Neither do I, which makes me consider it a rather weak point in the (admittedly impressive if jumpy) argument. (Of course, I'm of the opinion that IS has their canon and every player has their own, kinda like how there's a "Bioware" canon and a "player" canon for Dragon Age.)

...I know this is supposed to be a joke, but seriously? That's a little rude, isn't it? (Or maybe I'm sensitive)

My reply may have come across a little douchier than I intended, and for that I am sorry.

My reply may have come across a little douchier than I intended, and for that I am sorry.

It's fine. Just decided to go ahead and point it out, though. ^^; Communication through text only can cause big misunderstandings.

Thank god Chrom/Olivia is canon. This means Frederick/Sumia is now the actual canon. And everybody knows My Unit is a woman named Maeve who marries Ricken. THAT is real canon.

Same here. Though I have seen that when someone is trying to argue "canonicity", he or she somehow/conveniently forgets that the pair in question is really hard to build.

Ah, I see. Wow... that's a good coloring job.

Thanks.

I wonder how many people are actually taking this seriously.

Olivia is now the prostitute if the army.

a1ihrWl.png

Right to left.

Mariabel: *Sigh*... I cannot believe I committed such an outrageous act yesterday!

N-not to mention I got Olivia involved. I must find her and apologize immediately...

Olivia: Ah! Mariabeeel!

Olivia: Ever since then, I haven't been embarrassed at all in front of people anymore!

It's all thanks to you, Mariabel!

Mariabel: Huh...?

Mariabel: Heh...heheheheh... I guess... you seem pretty happy about it...

Narration:

And from then on, Olivia became known in the army as "The Virgin Killer, the devourer of men"...

Edited by shadowofchaos