Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

I still prefer the data transfer option. Then we wouldn't have to care about any canon shit and everyone can be happy. :P

Honestly speaking though, I highly doubt we will be getting any sequel of any sort, and if we do, it probably won't involve any of the pairings at all.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd so buy it!

Right, but don't forget there's ten other children with twelve possible fathers EACH.

They get their default hair colors to not reveal any parentage

And they could have two options:

1) Since they don't appear in any cutscenes, they just need the moms to be shown. Or they don't even need to show the parents.

2) They can use the transfer thing for the rest of the pairings, and randomly pair up the other ones that don't fit (ones with Chrom, Sumia, or Avatar based pairing). They can still use the base stats.

They get their default hair colors to not reveal any parentage

And they could have two options:

1) Since they don't appear in any cutscenes, they just need the moms to be shown. Or they don't even need to show the parents.

2) They can use the transfer thing for the rest of the pairings, and randomly pair up the other ones that don't fit (ones with Chrom, Sumia, or Avatar based pairing). They can still use the base stats.

Oh, good point. Option two would be awesome, but if a sequel is ever made, I know to expect option one.

I heard that fans had big problems with FE4 having confirmed pairings. That's all.

Shipping problems exist everywhere. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. The devs made the game. They decide what's canon and what isn't.

Who cares anyway?

Oh, good point. Option two would be awesome, but if a sequel is ever made, I know to expect option one.

Yeah, not showing anyone would work, but I think people might want to see older versions of some of the characters.

IS is not really a reactionary company. Nintendo really does what it wants most of the time. Different shipping won't make anyone not buy the game in large mass which is Nintendo's main concern.

I still prefer the data transfer option. Then we wouldn't have to care about any canon shit and everyone can be happy. :P

Honestly speaking though, I highly doubt we will be getting any sequel of any sort, and if we do, it probably won't involve any of the pairings at all.

Best selling and highest grossing game in the franchise gives it a good chance for a sequel. And FE games usually come in twos aside from Gaiden and FE8. Even if they though it was the last game in the series, I'm sure they had some ideas for a sequel.

I meant that I thought other people thought the support was dumb, not myself. Though I actually think it is too.

So how did "other people" turn into "everyone"?

So this is why I'm basically neutral on it.

"Neutral" would mean you wouldn't care.

Your enthusiastic posts every few hours yesterday would say otherwise... at least until said "neutral" pairing was in the lead.

Also, where have I been "forcing my preferences on others?"

This deary, is what we call "context clues and implications" of what you say. You don't have to out right state it. You've been implying it in every post you've made.

もう、いい。 好きにすればいい。

Edited by shadowofchaos

FE games usually come in twos aside from Gaiden and FE8. Even if they though it was the last game in the series, I'm sure they had some ideas for a sequel.

maybe it'll be a prequel about why chrom's dad is batshit insane.

maybe it'll be a prequel about why chrom's dad is batshit insane.

That would be pretty interesting. It could be like the star wars prequels and explain his dad's presumed tragic fall. The first half of the game is you play as Chrom's dad, and in the second half you are trying to defeat him.

I'm glad we could have such a great discussion of awakening's possible sequel/prequel in the couple contest thread.

That would be pretty interesting. It could be like the star wars prequels and explain his dad's presumed tragic fall. The first half of the game is you play as Chrom's dad, and in the second half you are trying to defeat him.

I'm glad we could have such a great discussion of awakening's possible sequel/prequel in the couple contest thread.

ahaha! the little joys of derailing a thread.

Meh, I go through canon rather the same way Bioware tends to. The company has a canon that they use for things like books and comics, but their canon doesn't override the player's own head canon.

Not that I expect IS to do anything fancy if there is a sequel. Of course, I'd rather have that prequel idea. Maybe the first exalt that we know nothing about?

Meh, I go through canon rather the same way Bioware tends to. The company has a canon that they use for things like books and comics, but their canon doesn't override the player's own head canon.

Not that I expect IS to do anything fancy if there is a sequel. Of course, I'd rather have that prequel idea. Maybe the first exalt that we know nothing about?

YES. Chrom's father as lord. PLEASE, IS. Make this a thing.

hmm, if there was a prequel, maybe they can explain why the taguels owe ylisse a debt (unless panne already explained it and i... wasn't paying attention... which is very possible)

Libra/Panne... B support, I believe.

It could be like Sealed Sword (or whatever it's called) and Blazing Sword, with the two games (okay, Roy in smash bros, but still) that brought Fire Emblem to attention of the West!

...I want this to really happen now...

You know what, instead of voting for Chrom/Olivia today, why don't I just vote this entire thread?

##Vote: this thread

Because pairing polls are scum and all scum must be lynched. It's simple mafia logic.

And what happened when canon pairings were confirmed for FE4? There was a big shipping outrage. I don't think IS is dumb enough to make that mistake again.

Also, where have I been "forcing my preferences on others?"

WTF? How on earth do you know this? It was confirmed in 1999.

I'm actually really surprised that ChromxSumia got anywhere at all. I thought everyone hated the pairing because it was pushed and the pie supports were dumb. xP

Plus I thought ChromxFemale Avatar was the biggest thing. Guess it's not as overrated as I thought, at least not here. Same with Male AvatarxLucina.

I certainly approve of this conversation track.

What's there to approve of?

I'm also failing to see the point of this conversation...

Like whatevs then bros. 8U wow, gone from this thread for like 2 hours, and this gets buried

Better yet, translate FE4, FE5, FE6, and FE12, and release them along FE7, FE8 and FE11 in one 3DS cart.

Don't even really care about the poll anymore. Although Inigo if you touch my daughter enjoy life without hands. Damn I'm evil. I even voted for those two.

I'd buy that on release day just like Awakening.