Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

Seriously, it's a shame the best Chrom couple got cheated out of victory.

Yeah, ChromxOlivia is way better, imo. But at least I don't really hate ChromxSumia either. I just don't like that dumb support or the fact that the pairing is pushed.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ChromxOlivia is way better, imo. But at least I don't really hate ChromxSumia either. I just don't like that dumb support or the fact that the pairing is pushed.

"I believe the support is dumb and that the pairing is pushed onto the player" <- slightly more tactful version of what you just said, Ana. ^^

"I believe the support is dumb and that the pairing is pushed onto the player" <- slightly more tactful version of what you just said, Ana. ^^

Thank you for doing it for me. Because I probably would have been more mean about that.

Well, I'm still being honest in that I don't hate the pairing. I apologize though.

I wonder if Sumia is supposed to be I.S.'s take on the "Romantic False Lead" trope though.

Olivia doesn't even get any dialogue with Chrom in the main story with the exception of having his baby. And yes, I'm taking you seriously even with the strikethroughs.

Olivia doesn't even get any dialogue with Chrom in the main story with the exception of having his baby. And yes, I'm taking you seriously even with the strikethroughs.

You forgot her dialogue after Mustafa was defeated.

But honestly, Inigo should have been Sumia's kid instead of Olivia's.

I for one find Sumia's crush on Chrom executed rather well and way more tolerable than Cordelia's crush on Chrom.

Where is it stated that Sumia also has a crush on Chrom? :/

Congrats Chrumia.

Where is it stated that Sumia also has a crush on Chrom? :/

It's implied by Maribelle when Lissa takes the Avatar to meet the Shepherds. I think that's the earliest instance, but there's probably more.

Congrats Chrumia.

It's implied by Maribelle when Lissa takes the Avatar to meet the Shepherds. I think that's the earliest instance, but there's probably more.

I don't remember this. But then again, it's been awhile since I last saw that scene. xP

Br4EXFd.png

Geez, I can see how terrible my Japanese -> English was last year. Man.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I for one find Sumia's crush on Chrom executed rather well and way more tolerable than Cordelia's crush on Chrom.

Sumia's crush? Very much so. A lot of her early dialogue, and even the supports themselves (bland as I find them) do a very good job at showing this.

Oh, so it's only implied in Japanese? That explains why I didn't notice then. xP

Nope, pretty certain that it's implied in the english version too. He just has better access to the Japanese screenshots atm.

Chrom reciprocating... not quite as much, in my opinion. Aside from a long stare during The Lovebirds scene (which could also be interpreted as surprise that she's even there, considering her earlier characterization), there doesn't seem to be much.

From the chapter 2 script on the Serenes Wiki thing -

Sumia's first words of the game -

Sumia

Beg pardon, but when might we see the captain?

Maribelle

Poor Sumia. She's simply been beside herself with concern... Her eyes were scanning the horizon all day during training. ...She might have earned fewer bruises fighting blindfolded.

Lissa

Aw, Sumia, that's so sweet of you to worry about Chrom.

Sumia

Worry? Well, I... He's our captain and our prince—of course I'd worry!

After chrom arrives -

Sumia

Ah! Captain! You've returned! I was— I mean, we were so—

After learning of the trip to Ferox -

Sumia

It's just that... I'm not sure I'm quite ready for a proper mission just yet. I'd probably just get in the way.

Chrom

Well, you could stay behind the main group, and if a battle is met, just watch and learn? Your choice, of course. But some lessons can only be learned on the battlefield.

Sumia

W-well, if you think it wise, Captain.

Chrom

Just stay by me and you'll be fine.

Sumia

Oh, yes! I mean— Yes, sir, I'll do that!

Imo, we have a girl with a crush and a clueless leader nice guy and I don't think the supports or the game itself to a good job at having him notice/figure it out.

Edited by Kat

Oh, so it's only implied in Japanese? That explains why I didn't notice then. xP

No.

Sumia

Maribelle
Poor Sumia. She's simply been beside herself with concern... Her eyes were scanning the horizon all day during training. ...She might have earned fewer bruises fighting blindfolded.
Lissa
Sumia
She also seemed to hesitate there a bit at the end.
Sumia's crush? Very much so. A lot of her early dialogue, and even the supports themselves (bland as I find them) do a very good job at showing this.

It's why I find Chrom/Sumia to be a rather well done pairing. The confession in Chapter 11 is great, as well.

I am way more bothered by the fact that she get hated because her support involves doing laundry and baking pies(or making Bento, which is interchangeable)

Which is, frankly when combined with the context of the dialogue, is better than most of the convo in the game, but that is not sayin much

lol JSND we posted at the same time

Also this:

Sumia

I... I, um...
Chrom
Yes, Sumia?
Sumia
It's just that... I'm not sure I'm quite ready for a proper mission just yet. I'd probably just get in the way.
Chrom
Well, you could stay behind the main group, and if a battle is met, just watch and learn? Your choice, of course. But some lessons can only be learned on the battlefield.
Sumia
Chrom
Sumia
Edited by ZMeister

Nope, pretty certain that it's implied in the english version too. He just has better access to the Japanese screenshots atm.

Chrom reciprocating... not quite as much, in my opinion. Aside from a long stare during The Lovebirds scene (which could also be interpreted as surprise that she's even there, considering her earlier characterization), there doesn't seem to be much.

From the chapter 2 script on the Serenes Wiki thing -

Sumia's first words of the game -

Sumia

Maribelle

Lissa

Sumia

After chrom arrives -

Sumia

Ah! Captain! You've returned! I was— I mean, we were so—

After learning of the trip to Ferox -

Sumia

Chrom

Sumia

Chrom

Sumia

Imo, we have a girl with a crush and a clueless leader nice guy and I don't think the supports or the game itself to a good job at having him notice/figure it out.

Ah, yes, I remember that now. You're right. xP

As for Chrom's stare, I think it was just surprise. He seems way too oblivious to love to actually feel it that fast... lol