Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

The only scenes that "did" click for me for those two was on the boat when Elicia told Ike to "give them a sound thrashing", Ranulf showing up and saying if he's interrupting the lovebirds, and that last movie scene.

...But then Radiant Dawn retconned all that.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who never saw any sort of romantic/crush/whatever chemistry between Ike and Elincia on any version of PoR? I don't know, but even in that final scene in PoR, the two just never clicked with me as a couple.

In PoR, i thought Elincia had a thing for Ike, but it had more to do with his blunt nature and him putting his arse on the line for her. But my idea of her having a crush on Ike turned into a puddle of nothing when i saw her literally squee over Geoffrey. So i was like "oh so...thats her man...Ok game, i gotcha. Elincia's loins do not burn with the passion of a thousand angry lizard-lions for Ike. She respects him. Wiggy. Im down with that. Its that hunky Paladin shes into." I shamelessly ship Bastian and Lucia though. lol!

In RD, it became even clearer that Elincia had no real romantic inclinations for Ike. She was not caught in a whirlwind of butthurt when he left her service. But she nearly FLIPS HER SHIT when Geoffrey undertakes a dangerous mission. She wigs out so bad during the Lucia debacle. When Geoffrey appears as reinforcements in 2-E, Elincia goes "OMFG GEOFFREY GEOFFREY! Ohhhhh...." Her special convo with him is basically "Get yourself killed and i will never forgive you." So yeah. When Ike shows up again, Elincia is all "Man, ive been looking everywhere for you." Ikes like "Oh yeah sorry about that. We had to lay low for that Batman Gambit to work, bby." Shes like "Ahh cool beans, yo. Also...junk about the Black Knight." Ike's like "Fuckness...thanks for the info."

Hardly romantic.

In PoR, i thought Elincia had a thing for Ike, but it had more to do with his blunt nature and him putting his arse on the line for her. But my idea of her having a crush on Ike turned into a puddle of nothing when i saw her literally squee over Geoffrey. So i was like "oh so...thats her man...Ok game, i gotcha. Elincia's loins do not burn with the passion of a thousand angry lizard-lions for Ike. She respects him. Wiggy. Im down with that. Its that hunky Paladin shes into." I shamelessly ship Bastian and Lucia though. lol!

In RD, it became even clearer that Elincia had no real romantic inclinations for Ike. She was not caught in a whirlwind of butthurt when he left her service. But she nearly FLIPS HER SHIT when Geoffrey undertakes a dangerous mission. She wigs out so bad during the Lucia debacle. When Geoffrey appears as reinforcements in 2-E, Elincia goes "OMFG GEOFFREY GEOFFREY! Ohhhhh...." Her special convo with him is basically "Get yourself killed and i will never forgive you." So yeah. When Ike shows up again, Elincia is all "Man, ive been looking everywhere for you." Ikes like "Oh yeah sorry about that. We had to lay low for that Batman Gambit to work, bby." Shes like "Ahh cool beans, yo. Also...junk about the Black Knight." Ike's like "Fuckness...thanks for the info."

Hardly romantic.

*laughing hard*

Say, what special convo are you talking about? i like the pairing, but I can't remember seeing/reading that congo.

Hardly romantic.

I nominate this for Post of the Year.

I never really saw Ike or Elincia as being into each other in that way either. I was expecting it, since it's so typical of the male and female leads to fall in love, so I actually like that they don't end up as a couple. Plus Geoffrey is way hunkier than Ike. You go Elincia.

I saw Ike and Elincia being into each other, and Geoffrey having feelings for Elincia (for a time, I felt that it was less obvious in RD), but it never clicked to me that Elincia ever loved Geoffrey romantically, only as a big brother of sorts. I just didn't see it. But everyone interprets things differently.

Geoffrey ain't that hunky. Now RD Ike is hunky. lol

Edited by Anacybele

*laughing hard*

Say, what special convo are you talking about? i like the pairing, but I can't remember seeing/reading that congo.

Hehe. Have Elincia and Geoff talk to each other in 2-E. (its possible) and shes like "omfg dont you dare die! We'll put an end to Ludveck together!" or some junk. (to be fair, its been awhile since i saw that convo so im really paraphrasing here.)

Chrom/Sumia? I got no beef. I do it on occasion. I like Chrom/Olivia better for gameplay reasons, but if i want Aether!Cynthia, oh hells yes im going to do that shit!

Hehe. Have Elincia and Geoff talk to each other in 2-E. (its possible) and shes like "omfg dont you dare die! We'll put an end to Ludveck together!" or some junk. (to be fair, its been awhile since i saw that convo so im really paraphrasing here.)

2-E, huh? Definitely checking that. ^^ Thankees~

Yet Elincia never mentions Geoffrey in any of her death quotes in RD (in English anyway). But the man she does mention and more than once? Ike. She even asks him to look after Crimea for her, not Geoffrey. :o

I think Elincia really really cares a lot for both of these guys, whether she loves one romantically or not. She's so sweet and kind!

Still, I certainly would mention the man I love if I was about to die.

Edited by Anacybele

Navarre mentions Marth when he dies. Navarre is in love with Marth?

Uh, no. I didn't mean that EVERY mention of someone in a death quote had to be romantic. It's mostly that Elincia repeatedly mentions Ike and her wording raised some romance flags for me. xP

I saw Ike and Elincia being into each other, and Geoffrey having feelings for Elincia (for a time, I felt that it was less obvious in RD), but it never clicked to me that Elincia ever loved Geoffrey romantically, only as a big brother of sorts. I just didn't see it. But everyone interprets things differently.

Geoffrey ain't that hunky. Now RD Ike is hunky. lol

Dude, RD!Ike is the only thing I don't like about Radiant Dawn (other than Leanne/Naesala and Mist/Boyd, ew). 8U They turned a handsome young man into an ugly muscular beefcake. Eww. Geoffry retained his good looks at least. Geoffry's the kind of man that is a beautiful mesh of "mature man" and "pretty boy" all in one. Kinda like Ephraim.

Dude, RD!Ike is the only thing I don't like about Radiant Dawn (other than Leanne/Naesala and Mist/Boyd, ew). 8U They turned a handsome young man into an ugly muscular beefcake.

That is so accurate, lawl.

But what if Ike was the one to show up instead? I think she would've reacted the same way. I saw it as more "Oh! Oh! I'm being saved at last! Thank Ashera!" Also, in a conversation beforehand that Elincia has with Geoffrey, it goes exactly like this near the end.

Geoffrey: I am yours.

Elincia: Geoffrey, you are surely my finest and most faithful knight.

Hardly seems romantic to me. Geoffrey's line could be interpreted as such, but Elincia? She's just being respectful and showing she's impressed with him. This is a reason I always only saw her relationship with Geoffrey as more sibling-like. She shows that she cares deeply for him, but at the same time, she also simply shows a lot of respect.

But as I said earlier, everybody interprets things differently. Now how about we stop discussing this? I don't like getting into IkexElincia debates.

Dude, RD!Ike is the only thing I don't like about Radiant Dawn (other than Leanne/Naesala and Mist/Boyd, ew). 8U They turned a handsome young man into an ugly muscular beefcake. Eww. Geoffry retained his good looks at least. Geoffry's the kind of man that is a beautiful mesh of "mature man" and "pretty boy" all in one. Kinda like Ephraim.

Your opinion. I personally think RD Ike is way sexier than PoR Ike and that Geoffrey only looks good in his RD art.

Now how about we stop discussing this? I don't like getting into IkexElincia debates.

Well, you heard the girl, guys! She doesn't like the debates, so we must all stop!