Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

Considering how my English 3DS was stolen, that's a legit reason.

What? Really? That sucks! Whomever did it was an asshole. That's a lot of money that went out the window!

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, Kat ninja'd me. XP XD

Oops? xP

It's why I find Chrom/Sumia to be a rather well done pairing. The confession in Chapter 11 is great, as well.

Haha, it's a reason I DON'T find it well done. (will admit the confession scene does a lot for the pairing, but since the confession scene does a lot for practically ALL the pairings, I don't weigh it as heavily). Chrom's side of things just doesn't come off well in my eyes, I guess. (Admittedly, that's a problem for most of his pairings, but still hers seems to be the one that comes from the farthest out of left field.)

I am way more bothered by the fact that she get hated because her support involves doing laundry and baking pies(or making Bento, which is interchangeable)

Yeah, that's a rather... closed minded reason to hate something. Cherche does a lot of the same things in HER supports, after all, and she doesn't get nearly as much hate. I guess it's another one of those portrayal differences. Sumia's shy and mildly submissive (mildly) while Cherche... isn't.

I mainly dislike it because the B support (mind, I'm working off my memory of the English version as I think the Japanese version pulled it off much better) was awkward, and the A support had a rather creepy "my love" voice clip for Sumia.

Chrom/Sumia isn't a bad pairing at all. I just find the S support lackluster (and prefer the post-chapter 11 scene where she hugs him), and I find the pairing less convenient for me when I play. I actually don't use Sumia much (because I don't have room for her in addition to other characters I want to use more), so I tend to pair up Chrom with a wife that I almost always use because of her utility.

(The REAL reason, excluding stuff about Inigo, why I use Chrom/Olivia, ladies and gentlemen)

But anyway, I have no problems with Chrom/Sumia winning this poll, lol.

Let's lynch the thread anyway :P:

Edited by Sangyul

I don't use Sumia either (especially since she's really screwed for me and Cordelia is blessed as hell. She's really fast, really strong, and can actually take hits), so it's hardly convenient for me pair her with Chrom as well. I'm only training Sumia so I can later use Cynthia instead (as weird as Cynthia seems, I think I'll like her more than her mother), and then she's getting benched.

It's Rey. His inner weeb prefers the Japan version anyway.

Yeah, probably, but I'm sure he liked his English one too! Otherwise he wouldn't have bought it. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder if it's alright for me to mention that Cynthia is the major reason why I don't find Chrom/Sumia to be all that hot.

On the flipside, I don't see much sense in Chrom fathering Inigo - I just think he's too serious to put up with a philanderer son.

i found chrom/sumia's support to be rather touching, i mean she tries to bake the perfect pie FOURTEEN times and the pie itself is tailored to help chrom's body.

also, endings-wise, Sumia is the only girl who actually stays by Chrom's side?? mu doesn't have a proper ending; sully "rode far and wide on his behalf"; maribelle... ok she stays home too but she's preoccupied with legislature and then there's Olivia, who's off dancing throughout the land.

sumia literally does "live and breath" for Chrom -- in her heart, there's only chrom, unlike sully who has something to prove (i am woman knight!!); maribelle who, as stated, wants to write laws; and Olivia, who's a free spirit.

if Chrom and Sumia marry, she doesn't even raise pegasi anymore, she just stays at home to take care of her husband.

chrom x sumia isn't my favorite pairing and there are things that bother me about them, but i just really hate it when people shit on them for crap reasons!! (not targeted at anyone in particular)

so yeah /rant

also, tharja bakes MU a pie, maMU makes food for Nah, feMU makes food for brady, gaius makes pies for Olivia, noire bakes cakes for owain, everyone makes food for panne. there's prolly a lot more, so please get over THE PIES.

Edited by Anathema

On the flipside, I don't see much sense in Chrom fathering Inigo - I just think he's too serious to put up with a philanderer son.

Ignoring the resemblance, father supports, and lampshades, I see even less sense in Cynthia following someone who doesn't even look like her father, assuming said father is Chrom. I think she would know what Chrom actually looks like instead.

i found chrom/sumia's support to be rather touching, i mean she tries to bake the perfect pie FOURTEEN times and the pie itself is tailored to help chrom's body.

also, endings-wise, Sumia is the only girl who actually stays by Chrom's side?? mu doesn't have a proper ending; sully "rode far and wide on his behalf"; maribelle... ok she stays home too but she's preoccupied with legislature and then there's Olivia, who's off dancing throughout the land.

sumia literally does "live and breath" for Chrom -- in her heart, there's only chrom, unlike sully who has something to prove (i am woman knight!!); maribelle who, as stated, wants to write laws; and Olivia, who's a free spirit.

if Chrom and Sumia marry, she doesn't even raise pegasi anymore, she just stays at home to take care of her husband.

chrom x sumia isn't my favorite pairing and there are things that bother me about them, but i just really hate it when people shit on them for crap reasons!! (not targeted at anyone in particular)

so yeah /rant

also, tharja bakes MU a pie, maMU makes food for Nah, feMU makes food for brady, gaius makes pies for Olivia, noire bakes cakes for owain, everyone makes food for panne. there's prolly a lot more, so please get over THE PIES.

Going through this, and hoping I don't seem rude.

It's nice that she's making him a pie. What's not nice is her failing THAT many times, likely in a period where they are trying to keep track of their food to feed an army.

Sumia raises Pegasi (at least in her other endings). I'd imagine that would take time away from him. And speaking as someone who likes having their space, the idea of someone next to me all the time is... actually, frankly disturbing. (I REALLY like having my own space). Sully's wandering about to help and Olivia's dancing are far more appealing/likeable to me.

The concept of living and breathing for a person is disturbing to some people, particularly. The idea of "two people become one" has NEVER made sense to me and the idea of "only having room for one person" in their heart makes someone appear very small-hearted in my eyes. Also, the fact that she MIGHT not raise pegasi (it's never stated, so it's impossible to definitively call) is rather sad to me, sense it comes up in her other endings and seems like something she'd enjoy.

(Hopefully these are good reasons, better than what I've been saying XP)

But the pies are fun to nitpick at. You missed the SullyxVaike convo has a pie mention.

"he idea of "two people become one" has NEVER made sense to me"

Isn't this the basic idea of marriage in general or I am mistaken because Im an ignorant 19 years old

Edited by JSND

Ignoring the resemblance, father supports, and lampshades, I see even less sense in Cynthia following someone who doesn't even look like her father, assuming said father is Chrom. I think she would know what Chrom actually looks like instead.

I'd assume so, but in all honesty, it's possible that Chrom could've died before Cynthia was old enough to even remember what he looked like, for one. Second, it's hard to consider most of the people around the area where Cynthia's paralogue takes place would even know who Chrom is, being cordoned off from the rest of the world. That's just my personal take on it. And the father supports, being generic, mean bugger all to me argument wise.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I kind of have to agree with Kat on the pie part. I didn't have problems with the fact that she makes him pie (until Chrom starts rambling about pie in the S support). But I wasn't really happy that it took her fifteen tries to get it right. I actually don't mind Sumia nowadays, she's all right in my books, but one thing that I still have a problem with is that while she has a lot of heart and soul, sometimes it's not enough. And in her case, it doesn't seem enough.

"he idea of "two people become one" has NEVER made sense to me"

Isn't this the basic idea of marriage in general or I am mistaken because Im an ignorant 19 years old

I view marriage as an official partnership and official agreement to compromise and stand by each other and, on the whole, not necessarily important? That marriage is a promise to stand by each other, and not the lovey 'soulmate' or 'two become one' thing. So, from my perspective, the answer is 'no', though I'm very certain many would disagree with me. *shrug* I think it comes more from growing up around a lot of homosexual couples who couldn't marry due to laws and heterosexual couples who felt the money would be better spent elsewhere. (I'm also the least romantic minded of my friends, which is probably also playing a huge part).

@kat

fair enough, different strokes for different folks.

and no, you didn't come across rude at all :)

Ah, good! ^^

I'd assume so, but in all honesty, it's possible that Chrom could've died before Cynthia was old enough to even remember what he looked like, for one. Second, it's hard to consider most of the people around the area where Cynthia's paralogue takes place would even know who Chrom is, being cordoned off from the rest of the world. That's just my personal take on it. And the father supports, being generic, mean bugger all to me argument wise.

I would argue that there should be portraits, seeing as they're part of the royal family, or, at least, the knowledge that her blue hair (and the blue hair of her sister) would come from her father. I'll agree with the rest of this, though.

I still have a problem with is that while she has a lot of heart and soul, sometimes it's not enough. And in her case, it doesn't seem enough.

At least in Chrom's supports to me. In her others, it comes off far more endearing. (she really needed more supports to showcase it more, though. Doesn't she have the absolute smallest support pool?)

At least in Chrom's supports to me. In her others, it comes off far more endearing. (she really needed more supports to showcase it more, though. Doesn't she have the absolute smallest support pool?)

I dunno, it comes off as both endearing and a little sad. I liked that she really has her heart and soul into helping the Shepherds and others, but she still seems to screw up even when she tries to help. (Mostly seen in Frederick's support and to some extent in Gaius's.)

I'd assume so, but in all honesty, it's possible that Chrom could've died before Cynthia was old enough to even remember what he looked like, for one.

And yet, she states that she remembers Chrom calling her "Pega-Pony Princess". If she was indeed, barely old enough to remember what he looked like, then how the nickname thing works is beyond me. That is unless if she heard it from someone else, and just thought that Chrom was the one who said it.

I dunno, it comes off as both endearing and a little sad. I liked that she really has her heart and soul into helping the Shepherds and others, but she still seems to screw up even when she tries to help. (Mostly seen in Frederick's support and to some extent in Gaius's.)

ack, wow, now i won't ever read her supports the same way again.

that's really sad!!! omfg...

Yeah, I'll give you that one. ^^; I guess what I was trying to say was that in Chrom's supports it seemed like she was trying TOO hard, if that makes sense?

It's hard to keep up a convo in big threads like this. 8U; I suppose this will be the last time I play catch-up. I'm gone for like an hour, and 100 replies show up, and whatever we were talking about is old news.

I want to join in too...

Best way to describe it, yeah. :D

Yay a new member!

Well, it was fun chatting, this thread has been great. :'D *sonic voice* we should do this again sometime

As for the actual thread topic... I'm glad Inigo/Severa win. I AM SO GLAD.

Edited by Faye

Yeah, I'll give you that one. ^^; I guess what I was trying to say was that in Chrom's supports it seemed like she was trying TOO hard, if that makes sense?

Indeed, I understand what you're saying with regards to that.