AM/PM Mafia - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does two people getting in a huge fight preclude them from both being town?

Does two people interacting and getting in a fight mean absolutely nothing? It doesn't look like in-town fighting to me, and I already called what I felt it looked like, as well as the result of what I feel it looks like.

What's your opinion of the two based on their n2 interaction?

Did you not see my case on BBM spawning from his role claim, my various announcements pinning BBM as one of my first and most consistent scumreads, and my dropping a persuade vote onto BBM? I have a slight slight town read on straw, and a medium scumread on BBM. If BBM were to flip town, id be very confused by the claim (which I didn't find necessary), the tone (demeaning in a few points), the choice verbage (primarily towards Straw during N2), and by PoE due to having fewer scumreads on night players.

I just got verbally abused by a courier. I think they were town because I simply can't see scum wasting a message on me at this point of the game. They seemed highly in favour of Scum!Blitz.

As far as day players are concerned my only scumreads are Captain America and Shino.

I have a scumread on Shino because he

-Is hyper aware of how he is viewed by others. EX:325

-Switches his votes in ways and at times that make me uncomfortable.

-Obviously isn't reading the game, and so probably isn't all too worried about scumhunting.

I have a scumread on Captain America because he

-Doesn't make much effort to push his reads.

-Constantly apologizes for stuff.

-Is always in favour of the current wagon.

They all add up to a person who doesn't want to be ignored and not tread on anyones toes.

And in 302, the way he was dancing around calling Blitz scum while not voting for him makes me suspect he could be scum partnered with Blitz.

I reiterate the fact that I hate how we're lynching from the day pool. With regards to night:, ether is prob-town, and PB and BBM are prob-scum. I'm keeping my rationale to myself because explaining myself would suggest scum strategy. Also, Mr. Courier, no need to be such a hater.

Blitz is null to me and I would prefer to lynch someone else, preferably one of the night players.

I'd like it if you'd explain why a scum courier wouldn't bother with you but a town courier would. That only makes sense if it's multiball. Which is likely enough but not guaranteed. If it's not, I figure it would be the other way around - townies wanna use those messages to figure things out, while scum will mostly just be messing with people or trying to get towncred.

Also, not explaining scumreads because of informing scum is generally silly, because the town has no clue how much sense your scumreads make and therefore will not sheep. And townies should be trying to get people to vote for people they're suspicious of, not just vote and hope enough people agree.

(also it looks bad because you can just say "I have a scumread on (random person)" as scum, without even having to pretend to scumhunt, and without being much help)

Eclipse, I wanna know what saying Ether is scummy will accomplish. Unless you specifically think someone looks bad for not accusing him, I don't get it. I mean, just because it's true doesn't mean saying it is useful. Unless you're just venting, and it looked to me like it was more serious but idk, it seems silly.

I'm not the sort to give up as town either- I was equally desperate in C9++

I know that you know that this is horrible self-meta and doesn't help your case.

Nor did I ever say that the list-post was scummy simply because it was a list-post. That's you there, making your own judgement about list-posts. I looked at the reads IN the list-post and said why they were bad, not "list-posting is bad so you must be scum".

You're correct that the goal of my post just now was to try and convince Prims (and more importantly, Paperblade) that you're scum. That's what we do in mafia- we try and get other people to agree with our own feelings. Obviously I didn't make that post to convince myself that you're scum. I thought that before. So me trying to convince other people you're scum doesn't suddenly mean that I'm going to twist everything you say to look scummy anymore than anyone whom you might think is town would.

Calling it a listpost does sorta imply that. I mean, saying people are waffling or listposting or using bad logic or whatever could be done without thinking those things are scummy, but they still have a negative connotation, so saying it's his own fault for thinking listposts are bad is silly.

BBM and Straw both look bad but I think they aren't both scum. Shinori looks bad for being a lazy doofus and gut, I think Cowbell might be worse though.

##Vote: BBM

back from argade if you guys need anything from me before deadline. even ignoring his n0 claim i think strawman's posts have read as earnest and town, and i recall him being rather transparent in older games, so i feel pretty good about him regardless of bbm's case.

sorry guys I was really sick tonight so I went to sleep at like 8 pm and then happened to wake up just now

last points in my defence:

Kay's remarks about my argument vs Straw are terrible; she cherry-picked one line out of it that was a direct answer to Prims's "you look really desperate", which was implying that I was scum because I was desperate. Also no, I honestly don't see a listpost as being scummy in and of itself. They're scummy when they're either a bunch of shitty nullreads or just a bunch of bad reads, like Strawman's was.

Also Elie is full of shit even if he's town; he didn't commit to a scumread on me until the beginning of this phase. Before that it was just the persuade to me and a bunch of small things like asking me why I claimed BPV randomly when the claimed vig said he was going to shoot me and had been scumreading me since the beginning of N0.

Anyways going back to sleep; Paperblade shoot Strawman or Kay, I don't particularly care which. Last scumteam guess if I die tonight: Eclipse/Strawman/Kay.

Paperblade has died! He was:

Dear Paperblade,

You are Marth, a night vigilante announcer.

Each day phase you may make an announcement that is no more than 150 words. This announcement will be posted in the thread as soon as a host sees it. You may announce twice per phase.

Each night phase you may reply to your role pm Night X - Shoot <USER>. You will kill them before sunrise, and can be any player in the game.

You win when all threats to town have been removed.

BBM has died! He was:

Dear BBM,

You are Mancer, a night 1-shot bulletproof courier.

Each day phase, you may send 4 messages that are no more than 150 words to someone in the game. Your target may not reply back.

You will survive one killing action aimed at you.

You win when nothing can cause the mafia's death.

Also, the loudspeakers seem to have been blown up sometime when no one was paying attention. Oh well!

It is now D3. D3 ends on September 16 at 12:50 AM PST. The following players may post during this phase:

eclipse
Rein
Shinori
Cowbell
kirsche

Edited by Sangyul