Who deserves megas? How would you do it?

Robinigo

So, well, this is pretty much a make-your-own-mega-pokemon, so, you know, you can make your own and people can critique and stuff, I'll start:

Mega Gallade

Psychic/Fighting

New ability: Forged

-Boosts power of slashing/cutting moves to 1.25x as well as adding to their crit chance.

Increased attack

Increased sp defense

I'll try to do a design as well at some point.

Sound off below, make some cool megas!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, well, this is pretty much a make-your-own-mega-pokemon, so, you know, you can make your own and people can critique and stuff, I'll start:

Mega Gallade

Psychic/Fighting

New ability: Forged

-Boosts power of slashing/cutting moves to 1.25x as well as adding to their crit chance.

Increased attack

Increased sp defense

I'll try to do a design as well at some point.

Sound off below, make some cool megas!

If they make a Mega Gardevoir or Gallade the other will get a Mega i bet.

Mega Garchomp

Ground/Dragon

New Ability- Rough Skin

Increased defense

It already has Rough Skin as a hidden ability anyway (and besides, Sand Veil is better for Sandstorm hax).

Mega Farfetch

Ability: Steel Leek: Increases attack by 1.2 if equipped with a leek.

There is no Leek item.

Mega DeliBird

Ability: Super Present: Present heals more and does more damage.

In other words, Delibird is still useless. And even if you did want to use Delibird, it has better attacking options than a move that effectively does a random amount of damage (and can potentially heal the opponent).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Rapidash! I want one for Rapidash so badly. It should become a badass flaming Pegasus and gain a Flying type. It CAN jump pretty damn high and use Bounce, so why not take the next step? :D

Zebstrika should get one too, though I'm not sure what it should look like... xP

Rapidash! I want one for Rapidash so badly. It should become a badass flaming Pegasus and gain a Flying type. It CAN jump pretty damn high and use Bounce, so why not take the next step? :D

Zebstrika should get one too, though I'm not sure what it should look like... xP

I'd be all for it if there wasn't such thing as Stealth Rock, all the Mega Evolutions so far make Pokemon better competitively, flying would ruin Rapidash's chances of ever being good. Levitate would be better, and maybe a type that can resist Stealth Rock.

Mega Slaking

Ability: Huge Power

No other changes.

El Uber Ape.

Every pokemon line should get a mega evolution! *wishful thinking* XD

But honestly, I hope its way more than what they've given out. Especially since I imagine there are a lot more pokemon in need of it than pokemon like Blaziken, Lucario, and Mewtwo...

I'd be all for it if there wasn't such thing as Stealth Rock, all the Mega Evolutions so far make Pokemon better competitively, flying would ruin Rapidash's chances of ever being good. Levitate would be better, and maybe a type that can resist Stealth Rock.

El Uber Ape.

Fire/Flying and Magic Guard :)

4f1585b20d6b164b6446400166942bae.png

Really now

Well, he didn't say Stick. Scallions are good by the way.

All of the Eeveeloutions. But that's just me wanting a Mega Evolution for Leafeon.

Well, you need to use a command to transform. We don't know if the transformation persists upon switching out, so whether it effects a pokemon's Rock matchup might not really matter, if it isn't applied during switch-ins.

Mega Tauros

I was VERY VERY satisfied with Gen 5 Meta because it have tons of good and fun shit to play with(except for Sand Force RAGE). One thing that.... well, does not is, sadly a Normal Type Sweeper that relies on pulling off high powered Normal Type STAB

Increased ATK and SPD with Adaptability plz

Pegasi don't levitate, they fly. And Pegasus is the only thing that makes sense for Rapidash to me. Also, Stealth Rock is easily avoided. Just don't switch in a Fire/Flying type when it's used.

Pegasi don't levitate, they fly. And Pegasus is the only thing that makes sense for Rapidash to me. Also, Stealth Rock is easily avoided. Just don't switch in a Fire/Flying type when it's used.

Stealth rock is VERY hard to avoid

One wrong predictionn before the match started is all it takes for Stealth Rock to come out

Stealth rock is VERY hard to avoid

One wrong predictionn before the match started is all it takes for Stealth Rock to come out

But people seem to forget one key thing about it. Stealth Rock only does anything if the player that it's used on switches out their Pokemon. To bring out its truth strength, the user should also know a move that forces the opponent to switch out, like Roar. But I don't think most players use those moves competitively, because there's one problem with that. The Pokemon that takes the switched Pokemon's place is usually random, so the Roar user wouldn't know if a Pokemon that will have an advantage over it will appear.

And a player would only need to switch if that Pokemon faints, which can be avoided for a long period of time if healing moves/items are used. And Stealth Rock doesn't even do a lot of damage to most Pokemon when it does strike.

Edited by Anacybele

But people seem to forget one key thing about it. Stealth Rock only does anything if the player that it's used on switches out their Pokemon. To bring out its truth strength, the user should also know a move that forces the opponent to switch out, like Roar. But I don't think most players use those moves competitively, because there's one problem with that. The Pokemon that takes the switched Pokemon's place is usually random, so the Roar user wouldn't know if a Pokemon that will have an advantage over it will appear.

And a player would only need to switch if that Pokemon faints, which can be avoided for a long period of time if healing moves/items are used. And Stealth Rock doesn't even do a lot of damage to most Pokemon when it does strike.

The bolded part is false

The power of Stealth Rock is FULLY realized the moment you noticed that pokemon can switch

Also 12.5% of Maximum HP is A LOT

The bolded part is false

The power of Stealth Rock is FULLY realized the moment you noticed that pokemon can switch

Also 12.5% of Maximum HP is A LOT

No, it's not.

And not really, imo. I've seen the move used against me. Hardly made a difference. I won in the end.