Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Thoughts?

I was really freaked out when I first saw this in my own file...

Has it been discovered what this is about? Can you ever be "the one?"

Recently dropped Floette out of my team. As much as I like it, I'm really dissapointed with the moves it learns... Why, GF, why?

Instead, now I'm training an Oddish. This is my first time training one, so which one is better, Vileplume or Bellossom? Or is there any real difference?

Also dropped one of my Meowstics, since having two with mostly the same moves and stats was pretty stupid.

Also, no shinies yet

Edited by Sylphid

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I hate to say it, I'm going to be getting this game in a few weeks.
Just wanted to know, at which point do you unlock the capability of trading between cartridges, so like, between X and Y I mean?

I've always just gotten a starter, traded it to a friend or partner, started new game then gotten the second starter and so forth so that I'll have all three in my party, though this isn't efficient if you don't get the chance to trade until a decent way into the game, so can someone shed some light for me, please?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure you can trade as soon has you can catch pokemon, since there wasn't anything that notified me otherwise. And I'm pretty sure with the new passerby PSS thing you don't need to wait for a Pokemon center to trade.

I'm pretty sure you can trade as soon has you can catch pokemon, since there wasn't anything that notified me otherwise. And I'm pretty sure with the new passerby PSS thing you don't need to wait for a Pokemon center to trade.

I can confirm this, traded bunch of Bunnelbys for Kalos/Kanto starters as well as the other fossil as soon as I got those 10 pokeballs from rival.

About Lysandre...

So, you can be as openly evil if you're rich and powerfull enough...
He let the Team Flare members use his Café as they see fit, and act extremely creepily, but nobody seems to makes the link...

You shouldn't trade so early in the game. The Pokemon won't listen to you a lot of the time, which can be very hindering.

Also, did I really just lose to an NPC trainer? I thought people said this game was easy, but here I am using Pokemon five levels higher than my opponents' (it was a double battle) and their Pokemon's attacks do twice as much damage as mine do (and nobody is using super-effective moves because they can't). Do Furfrou have really high attack or something? They did use Tail Whip and Growl ONE time, but still.

You shouldn't trade so early in the game. The Pokemon won't listen to you a lot of the time, which can be very hindering.

Also, did I really just lose to an NPC trainer? I thought people said this game was easy, but here I am using Pokemon five levels higher than my opponents' (it was a double battle) and their Pokemon's attacks do twice as much damage as mine do (and nobody is using super-effective moves because they can't). Do Furfrou have really high attack or something? They did use Tail Whip and Growl ONE time, but still.

Think of Furfrou like Oifrey/Jagen. Amazing early game but late game... (although I think it might have a niche in competitive play in the lower tiers as a physical wall)

... I'm all alone not using the exp share and I'm always underlevelled. It's fun

Well, I mostly used Ember (because of Growl and me using Braixen and Fletchinder). Not a physical move. xP

As for the Exp. Share, I sometimes use it, sometimes not. I am using it now so my Oddish gets levels. It has a good nature too, yay. I can't wait to have a Bellossom. :D

I just caught a Flabebe that had a blue flower! I'm not going to use it on my team though, I just chose to catch it because I like that blue flower cause favorite color. lol

I did lose one battle in the whole game, a sky battle where Talonflame was my only Mon vs Aerodactyl. Yeah, stone edge hurts a lot. Apparently Gengar with a mega stone couldn't join in to be my 2nd Mon.

[19:25:36] SB: WHAT

[19:25:38] SB: ZAPDOS WHAT

[19:25:43] SB: WHERE DID YOU COME FROM

[19:25:55] SB: it fled instantly

[19:25:57] SB: what

I SWEAR IF THOSE STUPID BIRDS BREAK MY POKERADAR CHAINS AGAIN

I did lose one battle in the whole game, a sky battle where Talonflame was my only Mon vs Aerodactyl. Yeah, stone edge hurts a lot. Apparently Gengar with a mega stone couldn't join in to be my 2nd Mon.

Yeah, Stone Edge is annoying for many Flying types. xP

Also, I discovered that you can weed your berry field and find wild Pokemon at the trees! SO COOL! I'd like to nickname the place Mary Lou Berry Field in honor of my grandmother who passed away recently. I loved her dearly and was really close to her and she loved gardening.

Edited by Anacybele

[19:25:36] SB: WHAT
[19:25:38] SB: ZAPDOS WHAT
[19:25:43] SB: WHERE DID YOU COME FROM
[19:25:55] SB: it fled instantly
[19:25:57] SB: what
I SWEAR IF THOSE STUPID BIRDS BREAK MY POKERADAR CHAINS AGAIN

just another dozen encounter and that Bird will reside in one place, making it catchable~

So.....wow......I was quite impressed with Pokemon X/Y's backstory, with the war and all this stuff you wouldn't expect to find in a Pokemon game. Just goes to show that Pokemon transmutation is still just as bad as Human transmutation..... so where's the Gate of Truth then??? XD

And I caught my Yveltal. Is Serious an ok nature for it? I'd rather not have to go through all those Team Flare battles again.

Just caught myself a Goomy. I think may try using it, since it has the kind of bulk I was hoping Amaura to have. Also training up a Mawile as well, since it's mega form seems pretty awesome.

So.....wow......I was quite impressed with Pokemon X/Y's backstory, with the war and all this stuff you wouldn't expect to find in a Pokemon game. Just goes to show that Pokemon transmutation is still just as bad as Human transmutation..... so where's the Gate of Truth then??? XD

And I caught my Yveltal. Is Serious an ok nature for it? I'd rather not have to go through all those Team Flare battles again.

The best is Naive or Timid

Maybe Modest?